Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

Post by S-H »

Love to see that.

Well done, Mark.

:crest:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Really nice but has he dragged his wife along to watch Charlton-Bolton on a Tuesday night? :crylol:

Don't ever let it be said that old Mark is not a romantic!
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Football captaincy in general is of overstated importance, but you do wonder what the departure of both Noble and potentially Rice at the end of the season might mean for the leadership of the club.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:22 am Really nice but has he dragged his wife along to watch Charlton-Bolton on a Tuesday night? :crylol:

Tickled me that.....Image
Picko
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Picko »

I think that bit about where it leaves us when these players go is really important... well more important than I considered. The times I have been most disillusioned is when we have been a bit rudderless. Like when matt upson was captain I hated it! I was happy with Lucas Neil around that time because he seemed a real captain.... then we had players like Ginge and Kevin Nolan and felt we were in good hands.

Obviously without the likes of Noble and Rice it's vital to have some connection and feeling of leadership behind the scenes for me.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

It's apparent that a dressing room without Noble and Rice will be a less attractive place to the likes of Lingard.

And without those conduits, harder for Managers to get their playing philosophies across.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Soucek for me would be the guy to get in as Captain

Kral and coufal helped to get in cuz of him clearly cares about players
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

That's mint that video, I hope we get to see him around the club for many years to come.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1162 likes
Total likes: 674 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

davids cross wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:17 am Absolute quality that ^^^^^

What a decent human being.

I'm sure he will be giving his experience and knowledge around West Ham for years to come. Invaluable to us and the young lads.
I agree. He’s been excellent for the club since he started. Just imagine what he’s witnessed at our club during his time? There’s a book worth buying.

It feels right to have pride in this group of players, at a time when almost everything else feels doomed.
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:22 am Really nice but has he dragged his wife along to watch Charlton-Bolton on a Tuesday night? :crylol:

Not his wife, think it’s Bolton’s chairwoman Sharon Brittan who is a good friend of his apparently.
Last edited by Chadwell Chief on Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

Last edited by Chadwell Chief on Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Training ground today. (Weds)

Joe Cole & Nobes. And Billy McKinlay by looks of it.

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Noble to Bolton??
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

sutts07 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:38 pm Noble to Bolton??
No.

He’s been mates with the chairwoman for years.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

The one, single constant at our club throughout the past 15+ years....
Cup Final, Relegation, Promotion, 2 changes of ownership, near financial ruin, 7 (?) permanent managers.

I don't think some of us will realise how much we will miss him at the end of this season.
I know that I will :crest:
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Me too..

Particularly when his brief appearances now still display control and creative qualities well up to the required standard.
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

AnthraxDave wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:08 pm The one, single constant at our club throughout the past 15+ years....
Cup Final, Relegation, Promotion, 2 changes of ownership, near financial ruin, 7 (?) permanent managers.

I don't think some of us will realise how much we will miss him at the end of this season.
I know that I will :crest:
I doubt he will be going anywhere. Can pretty much choose his new role at the club.

Youth coach, player liason, club ambassador.....
I reckon he could even perform a bit of all those roles as and when required. Whatever he is offered I am sure he will be part of the club on a day to day basis, as he should be.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It was Vintage Claret and Blue Mark Noble last night. Excellent leadership by example, barking out orders, making the big sliding tackles that needed to be made, typical accurate passing, quality attempt on goal from distance and covered every blade of grass. He also stepped up to be counted 1st for a Penalty, off the back of the last time he missed one against the other Manc Team at the same end not so long ago. Ballsy and set the tone for the rest of the Penatlies but expect nothing less from him. And arguably against the best Team in the land and 1 of the quickest too. That was Noble at his best and he looked like he could have done it all again at the final whistle. A proper Captains performance. :clap:
boleyn boy
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by boleyn boy »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:53 am It was Vintage Claret and Blue Mark Noble last night. Excellent leadership by example, barking out orders, making the big sliding tackles that needed to be made, typical accurate passing, quality attempt on goal from distance and covered every blade of grass. He also stepped up to be counted 1st for a Penalty, off the back of the last time he missed one against the other Manc Team at the same end not so long ago. Ballsy and set the tone for the rest of the Penatlies but expect nothing less from him. And arguably against the best Team in the land and 1 of the quickest too. That was Noble at his best and he looked like he could have done it all again at the final whistle. A proper Captains performance. :clap:
Agree with everything you say Colours. A truly great performance by our captain fantastic last night. He was everywhere on that pitch. Never hiding,always putting tackles in. Passing forward and backward always looking for man in space. I cant remember a bad pass from him last night. What a pair of gahoolies he must have to step up for the first pen. Showed leadership,class and true command of the situation. Led by example for the others to follow. A man i would want beside me in the trenches. A great night for Mark,the team,the management and coaching staff and all of us long lifetime fans. Nothing but pride and smiles from this old hammer this morning. My doris said l was even smiling when l was asleep. :crestnew: :crestnew: