✍ Welcome Vladimír Coufal

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Re: Vladimír Coufal signs

Post by Chadwell Chief »

funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I love Coufal but this new contract was unnecessarily too soon, IMO. He’s only had 1 season and hasn’t even started this season particularly well. Would’ve waited until at least after Christmas.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

^^^^^

Is that what's called trolling?

Coufal owns our right side.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

irving boleyn wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:51 am ^^^^^

Is that what's called trolling?

Coufal owns our right side.
“Owns our right side”. Seriously!? :D How old are you?

No trolling involved whatsoever. Read what I typed again before you embarrass yourself further.

He’s only had ONE good season with us so far. And hasn’t played his absolute best at the beginning of the season. So why not wait until at least after Christmas? He’s 30 years old in under a years time. Still has 2 years left on his contract, with an option. Why the rush?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

deserves the increase in salary, keeps the unity of this squad imo, yes we couldve waited till after xmas , but i dont think its a bad move
ExeC
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by ExeC »

funky chicken wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:03 pm “Owns our right side”. Seriously!? :D How old are you?

No trolling involved whatsoever. Read what I typed again before you embarrass yourself further.

He’s only had ONE good season with us so far. And hasn’t played his absolute best at the beginning of the season. So why not wait until at least after Christmas? He’s 30 years old in under a years time. Still has 2 years left on his contract, with an option. Why the rush?
Morale, Motivation, making him feel like hes rewarded and earning closer to what others are payed who are performing similarly, Team harmony.

All the reasons really as to why the whole team are so happy right now.

Plenty of reasons why. You're just looking at the financial aspect and nothing else.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Well deserved, Vlad!

:crest:
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

I think, with question marks over the other two right back options, who both are out of contract at the end of the season, it was a sensible move to tie down Vlad. You would think other clubs might be willing to turn his head with a decent pay rise. We can be certain that the owners, would take £20m, quadrupling their initial outlay if a big club came knocking.
The average age of the squad is on it's way down as well, when you look at who will be leaving next year, so keeping the odd 30 year old around, will add a bit of experience.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Deserves it after last season.
LmcHammer

Post by LmcHammer »

funky chicken wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:03 pm “Owns our right side”. Seriously!? :D How old are you?

Best rb we've had for years ffs, Your talking out your arse pal
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Well deserved :newthumb:
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

ExeC wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:19 pmMorale, Motivation, making him feel like hes rewarded and earning closer to what others are payed who are performing similarly, Team harmony.

All the reasons really as to why the whole team are so happy right now.

Plenty of reasons why. You're just looking at the financial aspect and nothing else.
But surely the right message would be to keep the good performances up before giving Coufal a new contract and pay rise? We’re over 2 months into the season and IMO he hasn’t played at his best. We’ve had plenty of fullbacks in the past that had a good season before turning to sh*t the following season. If you had a work colleague that joined your company a year ago, did a great job and then didn’t perform as well for the past 2 months, would you be happy for your company to then give that individual a pay rise?

If Coufal wanted a new contract and pay rise, which I am sure he did, then I am sure he would’ve been motivated and professional enough to play to his potential until Christmas. Even the wages he is on now is still allegedly a lot more than what he was on at Slavia Prague. Let’s not forget that.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

LmcHammer wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:59 pm Best rb we've had for years ffs, Your talking out your arse pal
I bet you also said the same about Jenkinson, Schemmel and Ilunga too after 1 season, huh? :wink:

And danger of you offering anything meaningful to the debate? Unless you haven’t got the brains to do so.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

I love how we have moved on from arguing how **** our players are, to arguing how good they are :crylol:
jJbe

Post by jJbe »

[/quote]

Let,s trust Moyes. He knows exactly what should be done and signed. He knows him, he choose him. Coufal has been superb already in Slavia, I am not afraid of his qualities in next 2 yrs.
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

New contract is exactly a year after he first signed then

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Personally I'm not seeing much of a dip in form this year. The fact he's not getting as many crosses in is more to do with the opposition teams identifying and trying to stifle our obvious threats. It doesn't take a genius manager to take a quick glance at the oppositions assists charts for last year to see where the main threats are. Defensively he's still been very sound. He's struggled at times when the opposition have doubled up on him - but every full-back would struggle in such circumstances. You can't be in two places at once. He's been up against some very good players so far this season - players that will do a good job against most, if not all fullbacks.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

funky chicken wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:34 pmAnd danger of you offering anything meaningful to the debate? Unless you haven’t got the brains to do so.
I'm far from convinced this or even asking fellow members how old they are contributes a great deal either. This isn't Facebook, let's not descend to those kind of levels.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

Up the Junction wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:09 pm I'm far from convinced this or even asking fellow members how old they are contributes a great deal either. This isn't Facebook, let's not descend to those kind of levels.
Agreed. But neither is being told I am talking out of my backside either. :newthumb: Unless that’s the exception to the rule?
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

He needed a new deal, he deserves it and he’s earned it.

Pretty sure he was on lower wages than Fredericks who would’ve been on good money as he was a Bosman / “Free” transfer from Fulham.

Hopefully we’ll see Coufal with us for a good few more years, he’s been a massive step up from Zabaleta who was kept on for one season too many.