Everton 0-1 West Ham Utd (17/10/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: ⚽ Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Puff Daddy »

smuts wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm What a block that was by Zouma at the death. He's been a little bit underwhelming at times but that was top notch.
Aye. With an arse like that, I think he should seriously
consider switching sports and become a fast bowler
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:33 am Damien Duff never played for Celtic!
I didn’t mean Celtic the Club, I meant as in origin.

Just find it odd that your comparators are always from Lancashire Clubs or Celtic.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Re Jordan Pickford, he's a crap keeper and I said as much ahead of the Euros. He actually surprised me in that he had an overall excellent tournament, although there were signs of his flapping and poor distribution against IIRC Germany. The reality is like many keepers he is an excellent shot stopper, and is great at those full stretch saves that look good for the cameras, but his decision making, dealing with crosses and distribution are all poor. He's one of those keepers you expect to make a mistake that will lead to a good chance at least once a game.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:12 am Apologies to Albie for picking him up wrong. But Pickford was he of the best players in the Euros.
No worries mate I should have quoted DM's post for clarity.

Anyway... Pickford: he's a good keeper in so many ways, but his mentality will let him down at times, it's a flaw that will find him out occasionally. As with Joe Hart.

England, and Everton certainly, will probably be willing to pay the fare, but he will never be absolutely top level.
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

Apparently Doucoure has broken his foot - massive blow for them as well as losing DCL until Christmas. From looking like they were going to have a decent season, I’d say they’re going to struggle this season and will likely be bottom half.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

McKnightmare wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:37 am Apparently Doucoure has broken his foot - massive blow for them as well as losing DCL until Christmas. From looking like they were going to have a decent season, I’d say they’re going to struggle this season and will likely be bottom half.
That’ll be 1 less team to worry about with regards to competing for a European place.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

McKnightmare wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:37 am Apparently Doucoure has broken his foot - massive blow for them as well as losing DCL until Christmas. From looking like they were going to have a decent season, I’d say they’re going to struggle this season and will likely be bottom half.
I thought they were crap, with capital C. I would love their Richarlison though. He would be perfect for us up front. Never gonna happen though he'll.move to someon like PSG when he leaves at the end of the season
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

If we can get lucky with injuries its very plausible we could end up in the top 6 again this season.

You have to think the top 3 will be (no particular order):
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea

Man Utd don't seem to be great but their quality will probably be enough to see them get 4th.

After that its a free for all in my opinion.
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

wolf359 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:49 pm Or as Lord Tennyson said

’tis better to have loved Declan and lost him, than to have never have loved Declan at all’

Loving these Dec/literature quotes!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

"That old paddy hunf***er..."

ps. Very NSFW.

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Albie Beck wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:27 am No worries mate I should have quoted DM's post for clarity.

Anyway... Pickford: he's a good keeper in so many ways, but his mentality will let him down at times, it's a flaw that will find him out occasionally. As with Joe Hart.

England, and Everton certainly, will probably be willing to pay the fare, but he will never be absolutely top level.
    Its a bit like Andy Goram at Rangers. One of the best shot stoppers I have ever seen, but he needed Richard Gough's aerial presence to protect him at corners. Everton don't have anyone of that class in their central defence. Our lads are much better at protecting Fabianski, who used to be pilloried at Arsenal for flapping.
    Metal Hammer
    Has liked: 1153 likes
    Total likes: 897 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:42 pm "That old paddy hunf***er..."
    Who let him out from under the table?
    simonirons
    Has liked: 372 likes
    Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

How good was that fan header from Benrahmas missed shot
    Liam
    Has liked: 85 likes
    Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Liam »

TommyHammer wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:54 pm If we can get lucky with injuries its very plausible we could end up in the top 6 again this season.

You have to think the top 3 will be (no particular order):
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Chelsea

Man Utd don't seem to be great but their quality will probably be enough to see them get 4th.

After that its a free for all in my opinion.
    sporting index have us joint 7th with Leicester on 55 points 3 and 4 points behind Arse and Spurs.
    Kermit
    Has liked: 94 likes
    Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

Liam wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:27 pm sporting index have us joint 7th with Leicester on 55 points 3 and 4 points behind Arse and Spurs.
    Man United certainly have enough quality in the squad to make 4th. But their manager is, at best, a mid table manager, and at worst a relegation dodger. Always reminds me of a rabbit in the headlights when he's interviewed tbh. Fourth place definitely up for grabs imo. But sadly I don't see us being the one to claim the prize.
    bubbles1966
    Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
    Has liked: 2437 likes
    Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:47 pm Pickford is very good.
    At what? :smiler:

He's utterly atrocious.

You know, with close to absolute certainty, that he's going to balls up at some point in a game. He's like a ginger Adrian.
    Igor_E7
    Has liked: 1511 likes
    Total likes: 266 likes

Post by Igor_E7 »

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:40 pm At what? :smiler:

He's utterly atrocious.

You know, with close to absolute certainty, that he's going to balls up at some point in a game. He's like a ginger Adrian.
    He was the top keeper at the Euros. His shot-stopping is fantastic, and you saw that with his save from Bowen.

What he needs is a strong central defence pairing to offer him protection from high balls. Don't forget, he is still relatively young for a goalkeeper, and I have no doubt he will continue to improve.
    Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Doc H Ball wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:08 am Just find it odd that your comparators are always from Lancashire Clubs or Celtic.
    That's not true at all. I often compare creative forwards/wingers to Paolo Di Canio, commanding central defenders to Marc Rieper and powerful frontmen to John Hartson. Heck, I have even measured lethal strikers up against Frank McAvennie!!!
    Last edited by Ironing Board on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sendô
    Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
    Has liked: 2424 likes
    Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:02 pm He was the top keeper at the Euros. His shot-stopping is fantastic, and you saw that with his save from Bowen.
    No he wasn't, the player of the tournament Gianluigi Donnarumma was.

I swear sometimes you are just here to troll. :lol: