CCR4: West Ham Utd 0-0 (5-3 pens) Manchester City (27/10/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd vs Manchester City: match thread

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Jabsco79 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:09 pm Agreed, awful viewing angle. Cresswell surely has to become first choice pen taker now.
Dawson surely. :wink:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:11 pm First half read like entitled toddlers throwing their toys and excused out the pram... Then all of a sudden a stream of posts explaining that their first 11 was worth over £300 million, West Ham defended brilliantly, egging us on to go an win it, etc.
Blame the editor...
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 pm COuldnt make the game as have Noravirus (or something similar) so watched on a dodgy stream
Why was the camera for the penalties behind the goal? That is a terrible angle to view from
Much better to have the camera behind the penalty taker like they usually do
It was different, admittedly, but I could get used to that. Gotta say I quite liked it
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 pm Why was the camera for the penalties behind the goal? That is a terrible angle to view from
Much better to have the camera behind the penalty taker like they usually do
That was shocking. Felt like it took an extra second to register if it was in or out.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

The Man City fans in that OV seem to have conveniently forgotten their completely unfair billion pound cash injection which has bought their success for nearly a decade.

Why would we try and go toe to toe with a side that collectively cost less than one of their subs?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Aceface wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:12 pm Most interesting thing in that OV is there's clearly some dissatisfaction towards De Bruyne creeping in.
I've been saying it for a good while now. The bloke is not that good. Might boss it against Watford or Burnley but I've never really seen him truly influence a really big game in the Prem or Champions League.

He has been distinctly average for at least a year now, and I agree with their comments on Sterling too. Did not cause us much bother at all and was completely anonymous in the 2nd half.
Bubbles Fortuna

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:13 pm Blame the editor...
No no, I'll blame the Billionaire cash injection :lol:

I enjoyed the juxtaposition.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

S-H wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:56 pm I'll put my fully mortgaged house on a routine City win, tonight.
I’ll just leave this one here, shall I?
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1205 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Reading the OV really surprised me, City fans have changed alot.
Can't see much difference between them and the red clowns TBH.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:51 am
The opposition view: Manchester City
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136372

I no longer post on there but I’d take much of Bluemoon after a defeat with a pinch of salt. It can be carnage.

Congratulations on getting through. I hope you win it.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:33 pm I’ll just leave this one here, shall I?
Yes.
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

Massive congratulations to FJ. We drew 2 - 2 with Man City on the day my son was born. An Enner Valencia double.
[/quote]

Jastons I've PM'd you regarding that Valencia 2-2 Citeh draw.
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

Brilliant, resolute performance. Credit to Man City, f*** me they work hark without the ball. I'm still struggling to believe we scored 5 pens. Benny, how cool was he, felt like a make or break moment. Some really standout performances and a lot of rest for quite a few starters as well. A little observation about Vlasic. I'm warming to him, he's nowhere near yet but starting to show how good he's going to be. The one thing missing for me, and I'd say the same against the Spuds, if ever there were games suited to a hard working player with great movement off the ball and rapid on the counter, this was it. Lingard would have been in his element.

Re the OV some quite astonishing comments in there, virtually zero credit at all. The walk to the tube? I seem to recall a pretty long walk from the car park to get to the Etihad, as for the number of stairs to walk up to your seats, they clearly haven't been anywhere near the top of the Etihad :crylol:
Bubbles Fortuna

btajim - mcfc wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:37 pm I no longer post on there but I’d take much of Bluemoon after a defeat with a pinch of salt. It can be carnage.

Congratulations on getting through. I hope you win it.
You definitely go in the category of 'Old-School Fan', Jim.

None of that "It was West Ham's cup final in the Mickey Mouse Cup' nonsense from you! :newthumb:

On a similar note, couldn't believe the sheer lack of celebration from Reece James after the winning penalty from Chelsea, barely cracked a smile, the so called 'bigger' clubs have seemingly lost all passion.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

The best part of that OV was how they bemoaned us playing tight, defensive football against their "reserve" team that included Walker, Stones, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling and Mahrez - all players that would either walk into our first team or strongly compete for a starting place.

That Blue Moon site should really make their posters all confirm when they started supporting Man City, and vet people using questionaires about their history.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

sendô wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:35 pm That Blue Moon site should really make their posters all confirm when they started supporting Man City, and vet people using questionaires about their history.
Who is Steve Lomas could be a good starter.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Aceface wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:17 pm That was shocking. Felt like it took an extra second to register if it was in or out.
To be fair it felt a bit like my normal view in the ground as we stand in the BML.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

The majority seemed really bitter, which I'm quite surprised about. It's almost like they've forgotten about the pretty good chances we had and the fact we made 8 changes from our last game.

I also think, as basic as it may sound, you can have all the possession and shots on target in the world, but if you don't put the ball in the net then you don't deserve to win any game of football.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

wolf359 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:36 pm Who is Steve Lomas could be a good starter.
Where were you on May 30, 1999?
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

HammerAl wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:46 pm The majority seemed really bitter, which I'm quite surprised about. It's almost like they've forgotten about the pretty good chances we had and the fact we made 8 changes from our last game.

I also think, as basic as it may sound, you can have all the possession and shots on target in the world, but if you don't put the ball in the net then you don't deserve to win any game of football.
The amount of “we had our reserves out” posts without acknowledging we fielded a weakened side as well just shows the arrogance of some of their fans. They just aren’t football fans.