Behind the scenes videos

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Re: Behind the scenes videos

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Nothing sums up the New West Ham era more than an incident half way through this video. West Ham loose the ball on the edge of Spurs box and Spurs begin a counter attack. This video shows something not picked up by the tv coverage as they tend to track the ball. If you watch, as soon as our move breaks down, Antonio and Rice sprint back to our own box. They overtake loads of Spurs players, and some of ours. Our defence get the situation under control, and both Antonio and Rice spin on a sixpence and begin running back up the pitch. This is mid second half by the way.

I say it a lot on kumb, but really well done Moyes and the coaching team, and the whole squad.

After sixty years of watching the ‘Ammers, this era gives me as much pleasure as any. We will struggle to match the trophy success of Greenford and Lyall, but the standard of opposing football is better and the general competition much stronger. And yet we are amongst it!

My glass is three quarters full. Let’s enjoy every kick .
👍
Ps. What about Oggie enjoying the moment after the final whistle. Evidence if any needed that players care.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:31 am That last one is not really behind the scenes , is it?

More like on the sidelines!

Previous videos have folled them right down the tunnel and in to the innards of the stadium.

Still a decent watch though

.....Image
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:46 am Nothing sums up the New West Ham era more than an incident half way through this video. West Ham loose the ball on the edge of Spurs box and Spurs begin a counter attack. This video shows something not picked up by the tv coverage as they tend to track the ball. If you watch, as soon as our move breaks down, Antonio and Rice sprint back to our own box. They overtake loads of Spurs players, and some of ours. Our defence get the situation under control, and both Antonio and Rice spin on a sixpence and begin running back up the pitch. This is mid second half by the way.

I say it a lot on kumb, but really well done Moyes and the coaching team, and the whole squad.

After sixty years of watching the ‘Ammers, this era gives me as much pleasure as any. We will struggle to match the trophy success of Greenford and Lyall, but the standard of opposing football is better and the general competition much stronger. And yet we are amongst it!

My glass is three quarters full. Let’s enjoy every kick .
👍
Ps. What about Oggie enjoying the moment after the final whistle. Evidence if any needed that players care.

I do like the fact that they seem to be playing with smiles on their faces, and chasing hard for each other.

I only have 50 years of experience watching the Irons, and I don't think I've seen such togetherness since 80-81, or 86 (although there were moments in 99 and 06)
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by stammer »

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:31 am That last one is not really behind the scenes , is it?

More like on the sidelines!

Previous videos have folled them right down the tunnel and in to the innards of the stadium.

Still a decent watch though
too much room taken up with Nuno's big bag of bull**** excuses
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Always an excellent watch. Particularly enjoyed the Spurs one. Rice pumping the crowd up before KO, just shows how up for it they are and they know what this fixture means to the fans. Agree with BH59 re the work off the ball, although that is credit to the players for putting the work in, for me that is a mentality that Moyes has to take full credit for as it wasn't evident in any of these players before Moyes 2.0.
Bond Holder 59

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

ironstu wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:41 pm Always an excellent watch. Particularly enjoyed the Spurs one. Rice pumping the crowd up before KO, just shows how up for it they are and they know what this fixture means to the fans. Agree with BH59 re the work off the ball, although that is credit to the players for putting the work in, for me that is a mentality that Moyes has to take full credit for as it wasn't evident in any of these players before Moyes 2.0.
Exactly 👍
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

S-H

Post by S-H »

Loved these shots from that video, during the penalties.

OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

S-H wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:20 pm Loved these shots from that video, during the penalties.
:thup:

Loved the shot of Benrahma in between Dawson and Diop.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Diop was getting a fair amount of flack in the summer with quite a few happy to sell him. He’s become a player that looks to me a proper integral part of the squad and he’s playing really well again. I’m happy for him and hope he stays for a long time. Plus he's massive.
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

That's the one S-H.
Brilliant.
S-H

Post by S-H »

OFT wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:55 pm That's the one S-H.
Brilliant.
Band of Brothers
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Top picture S-H

If I had Facebook that would be my banner (can you still do banners and all that in FB been over 8 years since I deleted my account)
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Georgee Paris wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:52 pm Diop was getting a fair amount of flack in the summer with quite a few happy to sell him. He’s become a player that looks to me a proper integral part of the squad and he’s playing really well again. I’m happy for him and hope he stays for a long time. Plus he's massive.
He's properly turned up this season.

I felt that he was by far the most vulnerable to being sold, but he's been flawless so far this season.

Les has been great next to him too over the last 6 weeks.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Yeah that shot of Diop and Les both with arms around Said… proper… actually the whole way down the line it’s all a band of brothers. Absolutely love these players and this team/squad and the whole West Ham United. (We are definitely getting thrashed by Villa at the weekend)
Bond Holder 59

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Apologies all, only just noticed the Man City behind the scenes video is up. A lot more behind the scenes than some this season, especially during the pens. Just note Nobes own little agony as he watches all the others. Note also how Moyes cuddles Benni at the end. What a squad spirit. A great night.

S-H can I please ask you to work your magic ….again?
👍
S-H

Post by S-H »

S-H

Post by S-H »

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:41 pm Apologies all, only just noticed the Man City behind the scenes video is up. A lot more behind the scenes than some this season, especially during the pens. Just note Nobes own little agony as he watches all the others. Note also how Moyes cuddles Benni at the end. What a squad spirit. A great night.

S-H can I please ask you to work your magic ….again?
👍
Already posted above, Bondy.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Think this latest one is one of my favourites.

Seeing the players celebrate the second half goals with the fans!

The passion on Pablo's face.

Declan at full time...

:heart:
Last edited by S-H on Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.