Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4743 likes

Re: Gold & Sullivan

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

simonirons wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:37 pm As long as the silly old sods aren’t still posting up pictures of the wrong black players any more…
You'd think after the first time he'd be extra careful.
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

He can’t be stopped 😂
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Disgraceful to do it again. I bet that story doesn't go on pravda and hue.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4743 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:52 pm Disgraceful to do it again. I bet that story doesn't go on pravda and hue.
The thing is, the first time, stupid yes, but we signed Ogbonna shortly after so he just uploaded the wrong file, probably had both pictures saved read for announcements.

This one. Xande Silva is long gone, how did he even manage to pull that picture out?
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Turns to Stone wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:57 am How did he make his money? Dildos? Freakshows? Dog fighting?
Does this really matter any more TTS? It seems not.,
Hammers Sturmflut
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hammers Sturmflut »

Now this kind of stuff I can live with. For all my loathing of GSB rule, an owner who runs his own twitter, and repeatedly confuses players like that (I imagine he has them all sorted in folder acc to physical characteristics) is exactly what we need in these months of rampant professionalization on the pitch.

Some may find it disgraceful, but there's one thing it isn't: a message to the world that here comes the next global football superbrand. I can get behind that.
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

Part of me wonders if he did it on purpose.

Gets the backing from the "we make mistakes", "don't listen to the snowflakes", "one of us" brigade who think it's totally acceptable to post the wrong photo of a high profile employee (see replies on Twitter) A gaff that wouldn't have looked out of place in The Office twenty years ago.
Last edited by roblo on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

I don’t care how old he is, he’s just a ****!
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Ozza wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:37 pm I don’t think they’ve “sunk 300m” in, they’ve run up debt
I don't think anyone knows what they actually paid for the club - remember we were if you believe what these c**** say on the brink of administration until they 'saved' us ...

When they took over the club had £125m worth of debts, they bought us with £xm but the debt remained, and from that debt they took interest payments for themselves. Even if you assume they put in £125m and some working capital there is no way over 10 years they have put a further £175m into the club - the rights issue they paid £25 of the 30m I recall but they got additional shares for that - it wasn't free money. They have also taken out over £75m in interest payments too I think. So net net they have put bugger all in of their own money.

the sooner they f*** off the better
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3203 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

roblo wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:07 am Part of my wonders if he did it on purpose.
Agreed. Given the players concerned, I just have no idea how it's possible unless done deliberately.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

No way they’ve put £300m in.

It’s also important to consider how much is debt versus how much is equity. I think the equity is under £100m (even after the £30m recent injection). They’ll get the debt value back in full - and will have earned well from it over the last decade clearing something like £25m I suspect.

The profit they will make will be obscene, and it won’t benefit West Ham when they walk away with it. I’m very keen for them to go but their most heinous crime could still be who they sell to.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Laughed it off apparently.
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

Turns to Stone wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:57 am How did he make his money? Dildos? Freakshows? Dog fighting?
Energy. Followed by incredibly shrewd investments. Owns huge lumps of the Sainsbury’s Group and Foot Locker
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

There is plenty of factual information concerning how much they paid for WH Holding Limited in the judges summing up in the Conegate ruling.

Conegate Ltd [2018] TC 06340

I'll leave the trawling through all the information contained within to those with the expertise to make sense if it.
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

From sycophants Parrot & Spew -

"Gold and Sullivan have taken plenty of knocking by the noisy protestors over the last few years. How ironic it will be should they pull this off that they will be remembered as West Ham’s history makers."

They certainly will be, for destroying the historic ground and proud heritage as well as putting the team in an unsuitable athletics stadium.

I challenge those idiots to make a list of all the GOOD things GSB have done for the club. All they will have done is skimmed 500m from the sale.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Hamburger wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:49 am From sycophants Parrot & Spew -

"Gold and Sullivan have taken plenty of knocking by the noisy protestors over the last few years. How ironic it will be should they pull this off that they will be remembered as West Ham’s history makers."

They certainly will be, for destroying the historic ground and proud heritage as well as putting the team in an unsuitable athletics stadium.

I challenge those idiots to make a list of all the GOOD things GSB have done for the club. All they will have done is skimmed 500m from the sale.
Let’s not forget we are the 18th richest club in the world with home crowds of 60k. Under these c**** we have an average league finish of 11th plus a relegation and that twat thinks we should be grateful :crylol:
Cabinfever
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Cabinfever »

What have GSB ever done ?
Off the top of my head, us lucky buggers have World Class beer shelves and some UEFA rated lovely carpet. Then there is ......
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Cabinfever wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 am What have GSB ever done ?
Presided over a manager and squad that currently sit 4th in the league, in a cup QF and are sitting top of their Europa League Group after a 6th placed finish and record PL points tally the season before? :chin:
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Francoisvander or else wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:46 am Let’s not forget we are the 18th richest club in the world with home crowds of 60k. Under these ***** we have an average league finish of 11th plus a relegation and that twat thinks we should be grateful :crylol:
I wonder what Burnley and Newcastle would take?
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

hammer1975 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:09 am ………
I’m very keen for them to go but their most heinous crime could still be who they sell to.
This is fair point H75.

I also think Sullivan junior will be around and involved for many years. I hear he’s changed his role to something more ‘operational’ within the club. You do that type of thing to better understand how things work, before you inherit. Not suggesting he will be the major share holder, but I predict he’ll have a board role for life if Sullivan senior sells most of his shares.