West Ham Utd 3-2 Liverpool (06/11/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

yakandyeti
Has liked: 431 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: match thread

Post by yakandyeti »

The Trent bit does piss me off but Alexander-Arnold it s a bit of a mouthful. I'd be more pissed off if his surname was just Arnold. There again I don't remember them shortening Oxlade-Chamberlin, but Alex isn't as distinctive.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 545 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:01 am They did give it to Cresswell, both the announcer and on the scoreboard. You weren't mistaken!
FF for that!
I didn't even have that many pre game!
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Decent extended highlight of the game posted by West Ham.

This is the ONLY highlight edit that shows the 'foul' on Salah that leads to their first.
Salah goes down so bloody easy to win the free kick. Borderline a booking for simulation due to the way he throws his arms around.

Fair play to Paul Parker for calling it out!

Edit,
The one on Minamino at the end of the game was equally embarrassing. How the f**k have these not been highlighted by MOTD etc? Two potentially game changing free kicks, both won by Liverpool going to ground far too easy.
Last edited by sutts07 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Almost every challenge on a Liverpool player every game has Salah waving an imaginary yellow card at the ref.

That in itself is not allowed
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2888 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

:crossed:
S-H wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:57 am VVD has posters of Craig Dawson on his bedroom wall.
:lol: :rofl:
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

WCpete wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:27 pm Saw this thread on twitter yesterday. Parents took this little girl, a big West Ham fan, to her first ever game yesterday. They surprised her at Westfield with tickets and she was way overchuffed.
Beautiful. :crest:
Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson »

S-H wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:57 am VVD has posters of Craig Dawson on his bedroom wall.
He has a Craig tattoo on his dijk.
Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson »

61dicksey wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:42 pm Just watching the game again and the one thing that pisses me right off is how often the Liverpool players got around the re& complaining , a stronger ref should have booked 6 players constantly in his face, Henderson and Van Dyke and TAA being the worst culprits.
And someone on the Opposition View had the cheek to say that the players should have ganged up on the ref to get Cresswell sent off!!!!!
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

And a 'behind the scenes for good measure... why not dine out on it for a bit longer...
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

You can also add Mane throwing himself to the floor and sticking his arms out asking for a foul before that long shot by Johnson.

They are proper embarrassing.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

The elbow on Ogbonna looks as bad as I have seen it from this footage (6mins in).
The ball has gone, he jumps into him and swings his left arm back.

F**king little snide.
Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson »

sutts07 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:05 pm

And a 'behind the scenes for good measure... why not dine out on it for a bit longer...
:newthumb:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:01 am They did give it to Cresswell, both the announcer and on the scoreboard. You weren't mistaken!
When I looked at the scoreboard it said Ogbonna and I was sure that what was the announcer said, mind you we were busy celebrating so I may have been mistaken about the announcement.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:50 pm When I looked at the scoreboard it said Ogbonna and I was sure that what was the announcer said, mind you we were busy celebrating so I may have been mistaken about the announcement.
Yeh that's what I saw / heard too and thought that the case until I saw it reported as an OG
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

sutts07 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:13 pm The elbow on Ogbonna looks as bad as I have seen it from this footage (6mins in).

F**king little snide.
Very interesting little subplot in the film, too, because it is obvious, by the way he and Og react after he has said it, that Henderson walks over and suggests that our guy is play-acting. Ogbonna then stands up and shows him his bleeding face. Henderson tries to apologise, but he spoke to that little snide, Jota, first, and still called out a fellow professional.

Card marked for that.
harewood

Post by harewood »

I've not heard us that loud throughout a game (bar a few quieter spells in the first half) since the Boleyn. It's beautiful to see this club so united again. David Moyes, what have you done to us.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

prophet:marginal wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:59 pm Very interesting little subplot in the film, too, because it is obvious, by the way he and Og react after he has said it, that Henderson walks over and suggests that our guy is play-acting. Ogbonna then stands up and shows him his bleeding face. Henderson tries to apologise, but he spoke to that little snide, Jota, first, and still called out a fellow professional.

Card marked for that.
Henderson throws the ball at him and looks to call him a pussy or something along those lines. As soon as Ogbonna looks up and Henderson realises his face is covered in blood, he tries his best to back track and say sorry. Amazingly not one person questions Jota's involvement in it all.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

sutts07 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:38 pm Henderson throws the ball at him and looks to call him a pussy or something along those lines. As soon as Ogbonna looks up and Henderson realises his face is covered in blood, he tries his best to back track and say sorry. Amazingly not one person questions Jota's involvement in it all.
Yeah he tells him to “****ing get up you wimp, get up you pussy” I believe. Actually respect him for the follow up trying to apologise though.
Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson »

Just a sh*t Declan Rice.
Estuary
Has liked: 365 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

sutts07 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:13 pm The elbow on Ogbonna looks as bad as I have seen it from this footage (6mins in).

F**king little snide.
He leaves something on an opponent every game I've seen him play. He did for Portugal in the Euro's to, snide is spot on.