✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Centre Half »

Just got back from the game.

It was like playing with ten men tonight. I can’t actually now recall the last time he played well.

I thought Moyes should have subbed him after 60 minutes and rejigged it. He was offering us absolutely nothing.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

He was shocking tonight. Really lazy performance. And the for the 3rd game running I have to ask Moyes why the hell didn’t he take him off. Too much of a passenger.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by PF. »

He didn’t play well tonight but was also very unlucky with the header saved by the excellent Sanchez toward the end.

He was poor in possession at City, tonight I think Dunk schooled him throughout.

The purple patch has gone, and the under strength squad is now biting us in the arse - as we all knew it would.
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

funky chicken wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:52 pm He was shocking tonight. Really lazy performance. And the for the 3rd game running I have to ask Moyes why the hell didn’t he take him off. Too much of a passenger.
Agreed but he has been flogged to death (metaphorically) we need a second, we need to be able to sub him, drop him etc. Most said this before the season, it was so obvious to the majority of this site. We need a viable second striker who can come on at 60 minutes and sometimes starts. We all knew this, most of us said this, it is not rocket science.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

PF. wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:55 pm He didn’t play well tonight but was also very unlucky with the header saved by the excellent Sanchez toward the end.

He was poor in possession at City, tonight I think Dunk schooled him throughout.

The purple patch has gone, and the under strength squad is now biting us in the arse - as we all knew it would.
More than one way to skin a cat.

We have loads of players who could play a false 9 in a fluid front 3

Vlasic , benramha , lanzini

Time to let them loose again teams with fornals and Bowen either side of them

Antonio just adds nothing whilst he goals dry up he doesn't even hold up play now
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Not really a surprise when you’ve had no backup for a season and a half, 32 year old physical player with no opportunity of a break.

Not difficult, might have mentioned this previously.

Bowen and Yarmo for a club like us looking at top 6 ain’t acceptable
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Ozza wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:12 pm Not really a surprise when you’ve had no backup for a season and a half, 32 year old physical player with no opportunity of a break.

Not difficult, might have mentioned this previously.

Bowen and Yarmo for a club like us looking at top 6 ain’t acceptable
You are correct about back up but we have rested him in the EL and CC. He had the summer off.

He has decided to fly over the world playing for Jamaica.

If Antonio isn't running around we might as well play Yarmo
lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 »

I love Antonio. Proper cult hero to most West Ham fans. Put in the same file as Carlton Cole.

However if we as a club are to progress we have to have an upgrade on Antonio.
I have no problem with him staying at the club for another 2 / 3 seasons. As a back up striker.
The guys knackered
We have to bring in flesh blood. And it has to be in January.
I have every faith in David Moyes to bring in a new striker, but even I could see Antonio needed to be subbed after 60 minutes tonight
Lanzini must start on Saturday, with Antonio coming on in the 2and half
lincolnhammer1963

Probably not making sense
I.may of had a Sauvignon Blanc
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Appalling performance, like quite a few lately, on so many levels.

Please don't talk about tiredness and being flogged to death. HE chose to fly around the world and play for Jamaica rather than rest.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

In the first six games of the season he had 31 efforts on goal. In the last 6 he has had 9.

Key Passes 18 in 6, now 7 in 6

His successful passes have dropped by about 40%.

Is it him? Is it the opposition ? Or is it the supply line?
'stone hammer
Has liked: 784 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Ozza wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:12 pm Not really a surprise when you’ve had no backup for a season and a half, 32 year old physical player with no opportunity of a break.
I'd argue he's had plenty of breaks given that we've almost never played him twice in one week, compared to Rice, Soucek, Cresswell etc who have all played Thursday and Sunday more than once.

For anyone suggesting Benrahma as a striker, has he ever played there? Sounds disastrous.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

wolf359 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:57 pm Agreed but he has been flogged to death (metaphorically) we need a second, we need to be able to sub him, drop him etc. Most said this before the season, it was so obvious to the majority of this site. We need a viable second striker who can come on at 60 minutes and sometimes starts. We all knew this, most of us said this, it is not rocket science.
Well let’s hope the argument is now put to bed, a second striker will in teams like us get a good 20 to 30 minutes nearly every game and will start some be it with or in place of your initial main striker and that’s before form and injury really bite.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 784 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:24 pm Or is it the supply line?
Could well be a contributing factor, Benrahma and Fornals seem to have gone off the boil somewhat.
johnnyb
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

All his limitations were in evidence aplenty tonight. Most of all, his lack of control of the ball consequently led to lack of ability to hold the ball up and bring others into the game. He also looked knackered quite early on. If he isn't running around enough then he needs to be replaced. Of course we do not have anyone to replace him though so looks like we are stuck with him.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

There is no escaping the fact that he has been very, very poor the past few matches. Tonight, I thought his pressing was less than honest and overall contribution to the side disappointing to put it mildly. Jared Bowen seemed to put himself about a bit much more than him and indeed seemed to win more headers. I sincerely hope he comes good again however, the criticism he is currently receiving is well warranted.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

He has gone from beast mode to sloth mode.

Useless tonight should have been subbed for Vlasic at half time

He is now knackered for Saturday!
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

He is knackered and playing accordingly. Fornals and Benrahma not helping him much eitehr with their poor form. Not sure I trust Moyes to get in a decent second striker after he spunked that money on Vlasic. If we don't get anyone in this season is truly going to fade and die.
lincolnhammer1963

For all his faults in the last 5 or 6 games we must make sure he plays against Tottenham in the cup.

He likes playing them !!
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

'stone hammer wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:29 pm I'd argue he's had plenty of breaks given that we've almost never played him twice in one week, compared to Rice, Soucek, Cresswell etc who have all played Thursday and Sunday more than once.

For anyone suggesting Benrahma as a striker, has he ever played there? Sounds disastrous.
None of them are his age and play with the physicality he does, our issue is not having an adequate backup, might have been mentioned a few times