Away Tickets Thread - Leverkusen S/O 51+ Pts

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Re: Away Tickets - waiting news on Watford + Palace

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Watford 'Ammer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:40 pm I thought 34 seemed low, was always gonna mean it was a bit of a scramble.

Anyone any idea what the allocation will be for Brentford? Guessing that’ll be the other prem game this season where you’ll have to be quick off the mark?
I checked the allocation that both Leicester and Chelsea were given earlier this season and it was 1,800.
Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Albie Beck wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:30 am It seems to be a deliberate policy to start quite low rather than towards the top end of points. It creates a bit of a free-for-all, and means that some high-pointers can miss out, creating a bit of "levelling down". Perhaps that's the intent?
Surely though, strictly speaking,seeing as it reached the second points level of 33 points anyone with 34 or more points could have got a ticket within the first two hour window on Friday morning?

Unless the number of fans on 34 or more points exceeds the number of tickets available.

I do agree though that they should have started the windows on a higher points total.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

It's obviously not an exact science, but they do seem to be trying to pitch most of the eligibility into one mad rush, instead of taking it level by level. Maybe it saves them work, or maybe (taking a charitable view) they do it to allow more groups with a spread of points to buy together?

Either way it is a relatively recent evolution (last season and this?) and based on long history I'm naturally suspicious of any changes the club makes.
Marquis
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Marquis »

Anyone got any tips for best places to park for the Etihad stadium tomorrow? Also anywhere good for a bit of pre match grub? Cheers
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Marquis wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:20 pm Anyone got any tips for best places to park for the Etihad stadium tomorrow? Also anywhere good for a bit of pre match grub? Cheers
Went to The Townley in Beswick before, friendly real pub, plenty of parking and easy stroll to the ground. Don't think they do food though.
Marquis
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Marquis »

Thanks Doc - Googled it and looks like it’s up for sale although might still be open !
https://assets.savills.com/properties/G ... ter_V2.pdf
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Even easier parking then :)

Shame, bit of a City institution.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by danm79 »

Marquis wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:20 pm Anyone got any tips for best places to park for the Etihad stadium tomorrow? Also anywhere good for a bit of pre match grub? Cheers
I always park here St Brigid's Primary School, close to the ground and easy to get away but not sure there is anywhere particularly good to eat nearby.
Watford 'Ammer
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Watford 'Ammer »

Used JustPark a few times - quite a few houses nearby that rent their drive for less than a tenner.
Watford 'Ammer
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Watford 'Ammer »

Bubbles Murray wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:50 am I checked the allocation that both Leicester and Chelsea were given earlier this season and it was 1,800.
Thanks mate. So it won’t be as limited as Bournemouth used to be for those who aren’t ASTHs. Should mean those who’ve done every / almost every game will all be ok.

If I remember rightly you could miss out on a Bournemouth ticket if you’d only skipped one / two aways.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Watford 'Ammer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:19 pm Thanks mate. So it won’t be as limited as Bournemouth used to be for those who aren’t ASTHs. Should mean those who’ve done every / almost every game will all be ok.

If I remember rightly you could miss out on a Bournemouth ticket if you’d only skipped one / two aways.
I missed Bournemouth with max pp
Only AST holders who had won the ballot for the Wimbledon cup game could be higher pp
Gutted didn't cover it, especially as the season before I'd got a ticket

Graham Gooch was at the game...
I'd imagine that the fact Brentford is a new ground for some and the allocation will be low that the corps and hangers on will get a slice...
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

Crystal Palace v West Ham United
Premier League
Selhurst Park
Saturday 1 January 2022, 5.30pm GMT

Allocation: 2,866

Ticket Prices
Adults £30 (Restricted View £28), Over 65s/Students (with ID)/18-21 £20 (Restricted View £19), 17 and Under £16 (Restricted View £15)

Accessibility Ticket Prices

Adults £20 (Restricted View £19), Over 65s/Students (with ID)/18-21 £20 (Restricted View £19), 17 and Under £16 (Restricted View £15)

For both Wheelchair Viewing Spaces and Accessible (AEA), tickets are charged at the relevant price band. Please call our Ticket Office Team on 0333 030 0174 or email accessibility@westhamunited.co.uk

Sales Dates
The first 90% of tickets will be sold to Bondholders and Season Ticket Holders with Loyalty Points at the following times. Once 90% of tickets have sold, the remaining 10% (286 tickets) will be sold via a ballot process open to Season Ticket Holders who have yet to purchase for this fixture. Details of this ballot will be posted on whufc.com

Bondholders 3pm, Thursday 2 December
Season Ticket Holders with 42+ Points 9am, Friday 3 December
Season Ticket Holders with 41+ Points 11am, Friday 3 December
Season Ticket Holders with 40+ Points 1pm, Friday 3 December
Season Ticket Holders with 39+ Points 3pm, Friday 3 December
Season Ticket Holders with 38+ Points 5pm, Friday 3 December
Season Ticket Holders with 37+ Points 9am, Monday 6 December
Season Ticket Holders with 36+ Points 11am, Monday 6 December
Season Ticket Holders with 35+ Points 1pm, Monday 6 December
Season Ticket Holders with 34+ Points 3pm, Monday 6 December
Season Ticket Holders with 33+ Points 5pm, Monday 6 December
Season Ticket Holders with 32+ Points 9am, Tuesday 7 December
Season Ticket Holders with 31+ Points 11am, Tuesday 7 December
Season Ticket Holders with 30+ Points 1pm, Tuesday 7 December
Season Ticket Holders with 29+ Points 3pm, Tuesday 7 December
Season Ticket Holders with 28+ Points 5pm, Tuesday 7 December
Season Ticket Holders with 27+ Points 9am, Wednesday 8 December
Season Ticket Holders with 26+ Points 11am, Wednesday 8 December
Season Ticket Holders with 25+ Points 1pm, Wednesday 8 December
Season Ticket Holders with 24+ Points 3pm, Wednesday 8 December
Season Ticket Holders with 23+ Points 5pm, Wednesday 8 December
Season Ticket Holders with 22+ Points 9am, Thursday 9 December
Season Ticket Holders with 21+ Points 11am, Thursday 9 December
Season Ticket Holders with 20+ Points 1pm, Thursday 9 December
Season Ticket Holders with 19+ Points 3pm, Thursday 9 December
Season Ticket Holders with 18+ Points 5pm, Thursday 9 December
Season Ticket Holders with 17+ Points 9am, Friday 10 December
Season Ticket Holders with 16+ Points 11am, Friday 10 December
Season Ticket Holders with 15+ Points 1pm, Friday 10 December
Season Ticket Holders with 14+ Points 3pm, Friday 10 December
Season Ticket Holders with 13+ Points 5pm, Friday 10 December
Season Ticket Holders with 12+ Points 9am, Monday 13 December
Season Ticket Holders with 11+ Points 11am, Monday 12 December
Season Ticket Holders with 10+ Points 1pm, Monday 13 December
Season Ticket Holders with 9+ Points 3pm, Monday 13 December
Season Ticket Holders with 8+ Points 5pm, Monday 13 December
Season Ticket Holders with 7+ Points 9am, Tuesday 14 December
Season Ticket Holders with 6+ Points 11am, Tuesday 14 December
Season Ticket Holders with 5+ Points 1pm, Tuesday 14 December
Season Ticket Holders with 4+ Points 3pm, Tuesday 14 December
Season Ticket Holders with 3+ Points 5pm, Tuesday 14 December
Season Ticket Holders with 2+ Points 9am, Wednesday 15 December
Season Ticket Holders with 1+ Points 11am, Wednesday 15 December
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Whats the ****ing deal with springing it on everyone like this, less than 24 hours notice and then start this at 42 + points but start Watford lower

Getting fed up of all this b*llocks, feel like the most loyal are the ones that get worst treated.

**** time of a kick off as well

Somone on 32 points can get a Watford but then miss out on a Palace one, ****ing madness, some proper fans missed out on them so a little bitter
Row X
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

I8CHAVS wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:13 am Whats the ****ing deal with springing it on everyone like this, less than 24 hours notice and then start this at 42 + points but start Watford lower

Getting fed up of all this b*llocks, feel like the most loyal are the ones that get worst treated.

**** time of a kick off as well

Somone on 32 points can get a Watford but then miss out on a Palace one, ****ing madness, some proper fans missed out on them so a little bitter
It is total b*llocks mate, we finally had a system that was working ok and they've managed to balls it up.
EastHam56
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by EastHam56 »

Probably waited unti the watford ballot was closed as they probably cant handle 2 separate matches at the same time
also helps the cash flow , get our money quickly , i assume they dont have to pay te home tea until after the game
agree about the starting points re this and watford , so0meone needs shooting
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Crazy how times have changed...I remember the final season at the Boleyn and going to Palace away on 6 points...
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:43 am Crazy how times have changed...I remember the final season at the Boleyn and going to Palace away on 6 points...
I remember Spurs away going to 1 point as tickets used to be £67 and its the same people that went then as arethe same people now, the £30 changed the entire game
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

I8CHAVS wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:55 pm I remember Spurs away going to 1 point as tickets used to be £67 and its the same people that went then as arethe same people now, the £30 changed the entire game
This.

I went to Spurs on 2 points
With my ticket and one for my son which wasn't cheap I didn't get much change from a ton.
Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 189 likes

Post by Cornelius Beal »

:kumbnew:
I8CHAVS wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:55 pm I remember Spurs away going to 1 point as tickets used to be £67 and its the same people that went then as arethe same people now, the £30 changed the entire game
I paid those sort of prices back then at Spurs and the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea before deciding it was simply too much.
Kept going but just gave those a skip.
If away games ever went above £30 again I would consider not going, if it shot up towards £50 that would be me definitely done.
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

Cornelius Beal wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:36 pm :kumbnew:

I paid those sort of prices back then at Spurs and the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea before deciding it was simply too much.
Kept going but just gave those a skip.
If away games ever went above £30 again I would consider not going, if it shot up towards £50 that would be me definitely done.
And this is the crux, also for the people that think buying a priority point or a spare on the hope of selling it, thats when it changed, you aunt spending £45 on Burnley away on a Sunday just to get a point for it

The price changed the game, but the same people that we spending £1000 on away tickets then are the same people now, its the same faces and the same groups but we are now the ones getting punished and making it as difficult as possible to do what we've always done

Runs out in 2022, so would be interested if it gets renewed