✍ Welcome, Jarrod Bowen

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Re: Welcome, Jarrod Bowen

Post by fjthegrey »

Another positive tick against Bowen's name. His corners are exceptional. In fact, I'd be prepared to say he's just about the best in the league at the in swinger.

He can hit front and back post, drop it dead centre of the 6 yard box. He can get them dipping, keep them nice and flat, always got wicked pace and really consistent, barely ever see him hit the first defender.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Clearly we work on corners in training, so what is preventing 0the players how to stick the ****ing ball in the ****ing net. I think I have the answer, somebody needs to draw a picture of a goal and a picture of a ball with the words underneath: 'Ball in goal' and whilst I am about it, how about coaching the players how to take a ****ing throw in
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

fjthegrey wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:05 pm Another positive tick against Bowen's name. His corners are exceptional. In fact, I'd be prepared to say he's just about the best in the league at the in swinger.

He can hit front and back post, drop it dead centre of the 6 yard box. He can get them dipping, keep them nice and flat, always got wicked pace and really consistent, barely ever see him hit the first defender.
Indeed, and with Fornals whipping' them in from the other side too, it's clear to see why we spend time practicing set pieces.
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:07 pm Clearly we work on corners in training, so what is preventing 0the players how to stick the ****ing ball in the ****ing net. I think I have the answer, somebody needs to draw a picture of a goal and a picture of a ball with the words underneath: 'Ball in goal' and whilst I am about it, how about coaching the players how to take a ****ing throw in
Agree 100% but I'd like to add, shame Bowen is not a striker as he proves 100% every game. Work rate great but finishing is absolute pony. It's a shame Moyes can't work on that, or maybe just goes to show you can't continue with this "Convert to a striker" forever ALA Vlassic!
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Keep him on the wing, let him get his consistency back there and he will score more. Changed his angles, changed his game and I think he's lost some confidence in front of goal.

Having Coufal back will be big for him too, he's a better attacking full back than Johnson and makes the game easier for Bowen.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 949 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:07 pm Clearly we work on corners in training, so what is preventing 0the players how to stick the ****ing ball in the ****ing net. I think I have the answer, somebody needs to draw a picture of a goal and a picture of a ball with the words underneath: 'Ball in goal' and whilst I am about it, how about coaching the players how to take a ****ing throw in
Couldn’t agree more with the throw in comment. What the f&#k is that about ? We just gave up possession more times than not.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

WestHamLyallStyle wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:55 pm Couldn’t agree more with the throw in comment. What the f&#k is that about ? We just gave up possession more times than not.
Our coaching team have made progress in certain areas, but what gets me is, do they not get as exasperated as us, when watching on from the sidelines and it cannot be too difficult to to teach them to retain possession from throw ins. What does my ****ing head is, the surprised look on players faces, when the ball is thrown to them, like they were not expecting it, or it is thrown at their thighs, or knees. Throw it at the ****ing feet, for ****'s sake and one last gripe, don't throw it to a stationary player, stick it at somebody in space and on the move, or just in front of him
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:07 pm Clearly we work on corners in training, so what is preventing 0the players how to stick the ****ing ball in the ****ing net.
The opposition defenders, generally speaking. Our corners seem more dangerous now than they did during that lean spell earlier in the season.
dplus91
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by dplus91 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:19 pm Our coaching team have made progress in certain areas, but what gets me is, do they not get as exasperated as us, when watching on from the sidelines and it cannot be too difficult to to teach them to retain possession from throw ins. What does my ****ing head is, the surprised look on players faces, when the ball is thrown to them, like they were not expecting it, or it is thrown at their thighs, or knees. Throw it at the ****ing feet, for ****'s sake and one last gripe, don't throw it to a stationary player, stick it at somebody in space and on the move, or just in front of him
Totally agree but it's been that way for years under numerous managers. There's very little movement, lots of dithering from the thrower having no options and then inevitably we lose the ball. Contrast most of our opponents who seem to retain possession easily. Maybe it's not worked on under Moyes because we're generally not a possession team at the moment but I would love to see it addressed at long last.
WestSam
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by WestSam »

Maybe something as simple as swapping sides, play Bowen on the left and Fornals on the right would improve the goals scored? Bowen always looks to cut inside, maybe being able to go on the outside and smash it across the keeper or hitting it first time with his preferred foot would help him out.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Won us the game today. Well maybe Mas did but he certainly dragged us back into it and towards the win.

The goal is hopefully going to open the floodgates for him, the technique is there, it’s a matter of calmness and composure. And that last minute shot that went over, I was right behind the goal and I can’t be mad at that because it was so obvious he composed himself and tried to place it top bins. Much rather that then hit and hope finishes.

What a massive performance by him.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Thoroughly deserving of man of the match today.
Ran his heart out for the team today.
That’s up there with one of best individual performances I’ve seen for us this season.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

He was superb today
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

And THAT is why I think Bowen is a striker in the making. :newthumb: That was a proper striker’s performance today. He looked more like one than Antonio did for the full 90. And a great finish for the goal too.

Sign an attacker to play on the right hand side, stick Bowen up front for a few games and watch him go!
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Bowen could not do what Antonio does back to goal. Not great going forward today sure but their CB knew they were in a game and helped contribute to how jittery they looked on occasions at the back.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Arjen Bowen was absolute mustard today.

To think many were slating him as someone who "can't finish" before today.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Wilko1304 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:45 pm Keep him on the wing, let him get his consistency back there and he will score more. Changed his angles, changed his game and I think he's lost some confidence in front of goal.

Having Coufal back will be big for him too, he's a better attacking full back than Johnson and makes the game easier for Bowen.
I quote myself because I feel smug. Finishing in his role is good, moving him and it's less so.

Granted, that happened quicker than I thought.
Rust
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by Rust »

What a performance from him today. He works so hard and it’s great to see it pay off like that.

Have a feeling today is the turning point for him to go to the next level. It’s just a matter of adding more goals, and he can do it.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

He needs rewarding with an England call-up. Outstanding today.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

He's played very well in a two with wingbacks in the past. No different today. Excellent performance.