West Ham Utd 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (1/12/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

JustJoe85
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Brighton & Hove Albion: match thread

Post by JustJoe85 »

My (late) take on the match is I didn't think we were particularly good. Sat too deep for me (again) once we scored. We've been at our best this season engaging the play higher up. That said we could have won and I'm sure they would say the same with the chances in the game.

The disallowed goal was incredibly harsh but probably the correct decision as I think it did hit Antonio at some point in the melee. Still was a bit of a shower how long it took to decide to disallow it.

Performance wise, I though Benny struggled and we must be due a Lanzini start. Antonio also looks totally knackered so we should give him a rest and bring in....Oh.

Otherwise I actually though Fornals was ok, Bowen was good other than finishing and was reassuring having Coufal back with Johnson completely adequate on the other side as well.

One final thing. Declan Rice was just like that mate who turns up to 5 a side who is literally streets ahead of everyone else. Scary how good he is considering that was 2 sides in the top 10 of the Prem and he was that far better than everyone else.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Thought we looked tired and happy to hang on fir a 1-0
A few chances but Brighton were the better side. Draw fair .
Var a joke .

Antonio benrahma Dawson soucek need dropping
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Personally I thought we were alright. We had little possession bit thought we had the better chances overall. Antonio and Benrahma were the weak links. Antonio because I think he's becoming a little predictable and teams are learning how to deal with him, and Benrahma due to his decision making and final ball. Lanzini looked much better when he came on. Antonio looked shot at the end and I'd have personally brought Perkins on for the last 15 mins for something different. Rice looked incredible and I'd like to see him with Kral as we're running Soucek into the ground at the moment. Brighton like to have the ball but do spend a lot of time in possession not doing a lot. Reminded me a bit of Brendan Rogers Swansea team. I think we just need a few minor tweaks at the moment.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

mushy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:06 am I cannot recall ever thinking similar when the opposition scores against us, nor could I ever imagine a time when I would.
Conceding a goal that relegates any one of Spurs/Arsenal/Chesea/Liverpool/Man Utd/Liverpool?
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

sendô wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:29 pm Conceding a goal that relegates any one of Spurs/Arsenal/Chesea/Liverpool/Man Utd/Liverpool?
You may have something there Sendo.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1803 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:45 pm They are a hard side to play against, but I don't like your comment "our players" so how many Brighton players would you choose over ours?? One maybe, Lamptey. We have some very good players now, players that can play all sorts of football, so against Brighton let them go and play is what I am saying.

Its just a frustrations from last night, still hugely in the Moyes/coaching staff/players camp, we are fighting on all fronts, they have given us a huge amount to be proud of, and I am still very proud and will remain so. Just like us to take games like last night with a little bit more "on the front foot" - I think our players are good enough to do it.

I get that maybe Moyes thought let them have the ball, we will break quick and win the game, we almost did, so many could argue he had it spot on with the amount of fixtures we have in December - I get it, I just think the players would feel less tired if they are winning, and winning with them playing a little more on the front foot in games like that.
Yeah, but our players are not ideal to play possession football. The likes of Big Tomas, Benny and even Bowen are not the best at the side of the game. Tomas isn't a very good passer, Benny tends to run up blind alleys and make odd decisions while Bowen is best running at defenders.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Would take bissouma cucurella and lamptey
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Things could have been a worse - Maupay just scored a 98th minute equaliser away to Southampton - that's got to smart for the home fans
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1803 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Kludgehammer wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:33 pm Things could have been a worse - Maupay just scored a 98th minute equaliser away to Southampton - that's got to smart for the home fans
Why so much overtime?!
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Nasty elbow injury for Trossard.