West Ham Utd 3-2 Chelsea (4/12/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Chelsea: match thread

Post by ageing hammer »

So sorry for your loss Sheriff, RIP Bob and thanks for the win :crest:
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Condolences Sherriff.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Condolences sherriff, sorry for your loss, you're old man would have been one happy hammer, today, that one was for him.

:crest:
MrHammer73
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

The Sherriff wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:42 pm Thank you West Ham.

I lost my father suddenly on Wednesday night, he was my best mate but we occasionally clashed over our beloved club.

Watching it with my recently COVID infected daughter, I looked to the sky when we were 2-1 down and commented “See ... I was right Dad, we did need more strikers” .... I walked out of the room only to be met by screams of “what a goal” some thirty seconds later.

Some of you may have known my old man (big fella called Bob) been going for years. His ST was at the back of the BML in the old ground, sat with my sister Jess (Small red head girl). At the bowl they sat in the Bonzo stand/243.

Nothing to do with players or the gaffer ...... thank my Dad, he won us this game :hamm:
Sorry to hear that mate and condolences. Happened to me about this time last year with my Dad. West Ham's performances helped me then and hopefully they will do the same with you.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Sorry to read that, Sherriff, hope today added a spring to your step you needed :kumb:
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1093 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Tell you what, when we went 1-0 down I didn’t think there was a chance in hell we’d win. Never ever doubt these boys and this beautiful Scottish **** in charge.
Boom Kid
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Boom Kid »

If only.... wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:15 pm Thought Tuchel was up himself going on about Chelsea mistakes. No mention of West Ham being involved. Pretty sure we influenced the game at times.
All of Chelsea are up themselves mate.

-
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Does anyone know when BT Sport usually puts the full match replay on the app?
mattyD
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by mattyD »

MrHammer73 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:15 pm Don't forget Reece James, another Chelsea England player, trying his best to put off Lazini with abuse before his penalty. Didn't work did it you pri**!
Very much enjoyed Manu giving some back after his penalty (which was perfect). We seem a bit nice at times so that was good to see.
ArtieTheIron
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ArtieTheIron »

The one time I bench Bowen on FPL and this happens. :cried: :crylol:
Westhamfan
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Westhamfan »

“First of all, this was a wonderful win for West Ham. Jarrod Bowen was a mischievous, high-craft attacking presence, battering away at the Chelsea centre-backs like a wasp against a window pane, albeit one that would eventually be cracked open. Kurt Zouma was smart and sure-footed, despite playing most of the game in various states of agony. And Declan Rice was simply himself, easing about with that familiarly stirring upright style, the kind of gait that sports writers find irresistible, that demands words like purring and gliding, a Rolls Royce, a Bentley Continental, a magnificent snorting steer. He is a wonderful footballer, the best in his position in the league, and a key reason why West Ham remain a genuine candidate to keep that fourth spot.”

The Guardian today.,
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

sendô wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:02 pm Sadly I had Antonio first goalscorer on the advise of Mrs Sendo so didn't win anything.

I also needed Dawson to score anytime.

Ahh nadgers, thought it was just the scoreline you needed left on the bet.

I won't mention the 3-2 WH score win I had then. :winker:
Last edited by Jonah on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 401 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

Probably been mentioned over and over again in the thread but here I go anyway :D

Jarrod Bowen & Declan Rice were bloody tremendous
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

After an iffy couple of weeks, it turns out we're still massive after all. :hamm:
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:51 pm After an iffy couple of weeks, it turns out we're still massive after all. :hamm:
Indeed it does eggy, :scarfer:
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Westhamfan wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:48 pm “First of all, this was a wonderful win for West Ham. Jarrod Bowen was a mischievous, high-craft attacking presence, battering away at the Chelsea centre-backs like a wasp against a window pane, albeit one that would eventually be cracked open. Kurt Zouma was smart and sure-footed, despite playing most of the game in various states of agony. And Declan Rice was simply himself, easing about with that familiarly stirring upright style, the kind of gait that sports writers find irresistible, that demands words like purring and gliding, a Rolls Royce, a Bentley Continental, a magnificent snorting steer. He is a wonderful footballer, the best in his position in the league, and a key reason why West Ham remain a genuine candidate to keep that fourth spot.”

The Guardian today.,
Makes me all emotional. . Rolls Rice.
amsterdhammer
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by amsterdhammer »

sendô wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:06 pm I see the BBC talking head on Final Score saying that Chelsea "controlled the game" and they only lost because of mistakes they made (ie it was all Mendy's fault - much like how Liverpool losing was all Allisson's fault).

Long may they all continue to under rate us.
I thought that too, and then watched the news and it was “plucky tiny West Ham beat PL giants Chelsea” ….or is that just my perception (and perhaps a couple too many beers)??⚒️
amsterdhammer
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by amsterdhammer »

Westhamfan wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:48 pm “First of all, this was a wonderful win for West Ham. Jarrod Bowen was a mischievous, high-craft attacking presence, battering away at the Chelsea centre-backs like a wasp against a window pane, albeit one that would eventually be cracked open. Kurt Zouma was smart and sure-footed, despite playing most of the game in various states of agony. And Declan Rice was simply himself, easing about with that familiarly stirring upright style, the kind of gait that sports writers find irresistible, that demands words like purring and gliding, a Rolls Royce, a Bentley Continental, a magnificent snorting steer. He is a wonderful footballer, the best in his position in the league, and a key reason why West Ham remain a genuine candidate to keep that fourth spot.”

The Guardian today.,
Haven’t read that, but let me guess….Steinberg? Good Hammer, him! ⚒️
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Superb description of Dec.

That thing he is doing every week now where he is bolt upright, sort of slows down and then accelerates into space with an angle change that you’d think would require you to slow down, is unbelievable.

His control of tempo is at the very highest level of football.

He is magnificent.

He is the best player in the history of our Club, in-waiting, if he were to commit to us and we were to commit to him.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

On first on MOTD.