David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by funky chicken »

He certainly once again made some of our supporters look silly! “Negative formation” “Bottling it against a top team again”. Please! :D He got it spot on against Chelsea! :newthumb:

Best manager we’ve had in a very very long time!
CarltonColesLeftFoot
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by CarltonColesLeftFoot »

His win percentage is awesome, he's beating big teams, he's certainly putting a lot of his detractors points to bed.

I'm really happy to see him doing well, as I'm sure we all are. What a great manager, he truly gets us.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

funky chicken wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:40 am He certainly once again made some of our supporters look silly! “Negative formation” “Bottling it against a top team again”. Please! :D He got it spot on against Chelsea! :newthumb:

Best manager we’ve had in a very very long time!
I take it there were more than a few on here pre match, who now look like right spanners?

Well done Moysie absolutely bang on as usual, what a manager
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

The greatest compliment I can muster is I don't think there's a manager in the top flight I'd rather have at the club. We appear to have popped into the charity shop for a cheap suit and come out wearing one tailor made for us.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Superb analogy, OFT.

:newthumb:
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:53 am Superb analogy, OFT.

:newthumb:
Indeed
snooperpooper
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

And respect for the coaching team, love the way Nolan and Nevin are always in his ear.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

OFT wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:50 amWe appear to have popped into the charity shop for a cheap suit and come out wearing one tailor made for us.
We tried it on a couple of times before purchasing!
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I thought tactically he got it spot on yesterday. I felt this even when we were 2-1 down. Chelsea play a much more high tempo game than say City or Liverpool and can tear through you like a knife through butter. The players application to the tactics was a bit lacking at times (particularly when we had the ball) in the first half, which is what changed in the 2nd half. We also dealt with injuries to two key defensive players during the game without any noticeable decline in our play or game plan.
OFT

Post by OFT »

ironilunga wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:05 am We tried it on a couple of times before purchasing!
:smiler:
Last edited by OFT on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

When naming all of the 'big' sides, West Ham have beaten (in all competitions) this year, why the f*ck do they keep listing Tottenham?

:D
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

S-H wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:28 am When naming all of the 'big' sides, West Ham have beaten (in all competitions) this year, why the f*ck do they keep listing Tottenham?

Calendar year?
OFT

Post by OFT »

S-H wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:28 am When naming all of the 'big' sides, West Ham have beaten (in all competitions) this year, why the f*ck do they keep listing Tottenham?

Clearly the dozy fukaz ain't paying attention.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Tottenham are so desperate to be seen as big that the media feel sorry for them, only explanation.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

I did say before the game that I liked his five at the back. But I did criticise Antonio and the whole teams non dynamic performance in the first half.

A bit like the Liverpool game though, we were a different kettle of fish second half. We did this in the cup v Man utd too. Sort of hang on and try not to concede more than one goal then actually batter them second half.

What I'm saying is he does know haw to change tactics and is clearly getting something right.

Let's hope he gets the present of 3 players for Christmas to help us push on.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Chelsea and Liverpool have only lost 3 out of 30 in the league this season - and two were to us.

We are now a team that none of the supposed elite clubs enjoys playing or can rest it's best players for.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1162 likes
Total likes: 674 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:54 am I did say before the game that I liked his five at the back. But I did criticise Antonio and the whole teams non dynamic performance in the first half.

A bit like the Liverpool game though, we were a different kettle of fish second half. We did this in the cup v Man utd too. Sort of hang on and try not to concede more than one goal then actually batter them second half.

What I'm saying is he does know haw to change tactics and is clearly getting something right.

Let's hope he gets the present of 3 players for Christmas to help us push on.
Hi Bonzo, I said something similar a few weeks back. Moyes likes to keep things tight for as long as he can, and then he releases the hounds. It’s probably the biggest single reason we have not lost any game by more than one goal. We are hard to beat because of it.

I for one do not hanker for the days of losing 3 0 by half time, and then try and claw something back.

Keep up the great work Moyes and his equally excellent coaching team. What a squad spirit. Cannot wait for behind the scenes. Hope they captured the Reece moment, the little s*&£.

👍🇨🇿❤️
lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 »

I've just been listening to Darren Lewis on skysports.
He's really bigging us up. Basically saying we at the level to genuinely push for top 4.
He's saying if the club are to a serious player they have to allow David Moyes in January to invest.

He says there are players out there that David Moyes could go for, and then interestingly goes as far as to say I wont mention any names but there are players that would join West Ham.

It sounds to me that Darren Lewis knows who we are going to get in January .
I suspect one player in the bag has the initials JL
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

OFT wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:50 am The greatest compliment I can muster is I don't think there's a manager in the top flight I'd rather have at the club. We appear to have popped into the charity shop for a cheap suit and come out wearing one tailor made for us.
I strongly wanted Benitez here over bringing Moyes back. He’d have already been gone by now. Know nothing about football.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

e17 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:29 pm I strongly wanted Benitez here over bringing Moyes back. He’d have already been gone by now. Know nothing about football.
There's posts on here of me saying Ashton would never score an overhead kick like Carlton and Tomkins is better than Rice - :crylol:

I never understood Modric either.