✍️ Lukasz Fabianski signs

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1154 likes
Total likes: 897 likes

Re: Lukasz Fabianski signs

Post by Metal Hammer »

DL takes running for the bus to a whole new level :shock:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Metal Hammer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:31 pm DL takes running for the bus to a whole new level :shock:
I'm 47, overweight, and the last time I ran was a couple of years ago playing football with my boy.

Within a couple of minutes, I was ****ed...
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

-DL- wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:07 pm Speak for yourself...
Here we go. A Sunday league goalie 🤣
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

e17 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:24 pm Just picturing you being a Medway mix of Usain Bolt and Lewis Hamilton mate! :wink:
With a bit of Neuer thrown in 😉
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:51 pm Here we go. A Sunday league goalie 🤣
Any need?

How dare someone have an opinion, eh? :hush:
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Fab has often been rightly critcsised for his poor distribution. He seemed yesterday to have improved quite noticeably. Some of the comparisons made have puzzled me. Lloris, Ramsdale, De gea? No thanks. Lloris and de gea in decline, Ramsdale never there despite a couple of good games lately.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

He’s no sweeper keeper. But to be fair to Fab, his distribution on the whole is fine. In terms of claiming crosses, I’d go as far to suggest he’s one of the best in the League. That’s one thing I’ll miss when he’s gone. As the standard of goalkeeping IMO is at an all time low. Even Areola has been a bit of a flapper at crosses in the games he has played for us.

It’s his shot stopping, and at times lack of agility that’s let him down this season. A part of that without question is down to old age.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

funky chicken wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:48 pm A part of that without question is down to old age.
Old age?

He's 36, man!?

kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I know i’ll get told i’m talking b*llocks but i can’t help feeling areola would have saved both of chelsea’s goals by just being quicker than fabianski. Areola leaps, fab like when jussi was with us later on, more kind of falls when diving.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

I actually thought Fabianski played really well on Saturday. There were a couple of shots he held which most other keepers would have parried and was quick, decisive and brave off his line on multiple occasions to dive on some loose balls. At the time I thought he looked slow for the second but I sit at the opposite end of the ground and my eyes are not the best. Having seen it on the box last night, I don't think he could of done more.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

S-H wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:32 am Old age?

He's 36, man!?

You’re over 36 and I’ll have my fiver now! :wink:
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

kitthehammer wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:39 am I know i’ll get told i’m talking b*llocks but i can’t help feeling areola would have saved both of chelsea’s goals by just being quicker than fabianski. Areola leaps, fab like when jussi was with us later on, more kind of falls when diving.
Hindsight is always a wonderful thing. As yes, Areola may well have done. But he also let a shot in too that he had a hand on the ball (Genk’s 1st goal). For me, Areola should’ve saved that. But I absolutely agree with you, Fabianski has slowed down a bit. The comparison with Jaaskelainen isn’t far off.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

ChzMff wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:50 am I actually thought Fabianski played really well on Saturday. There were a couple of shots he held which most other keepers would have parried and was quick, decisive and brave off his line on multiple occasions to dive on some loose balls. At the time I thought he looked slow for the second but I sit at the opposite end of the ground and my eyes are not the best. Having seen it on the box last night, I don't think he could of done more.
This is the point for sure
Areola may have kept out one of the goals but he certainly would not be as safe pair of hands across the rest of the game
The problem Fab has is that the best work he does, stuff that sets him apart from most other keepers, goes unnoticed and thus he gets little credit for it. He just quietly goes about his business with minimal fuss
I used to play CB, and I would love to have played in front of him
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

As superb as we was yesterday and throughly deserved our win, I thought this man also fell under the radar with 3 very good saves in the 2nd half. Especially that one going into the top corner. :newthumb:

I have been critical with some of the goals he has conceded this season. So it’s only right I praise him when he plays well. And he did.
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1089 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

He’s been better than last season imo.

I would still like us to sign someone permanently to replace him though - someone who doesn’t currently play for West Brom..

Was a little concerned by the noises from l’equipe about Areola, perhaps time to chuck him the odd midweek league game before he gets disillusioned? Or make him perm in the Jan window as a show of faith.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we wont be wasting money on GK in the january window. plenty of games for areola to impress with coming up. fab number one at present but next season who knows. that is the motivation for areola. have some blinders in the EL against decent opposition and who knws where he may end up.
now is not the time and we need the cash for LB CB x 2 and a CF !

we should however get rid of randolph in this window and save a bit on wages.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Give him another 12 month extension
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

hammer1975 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:50 am He’s been better than last season imo.

Agreed.

Along with Rice, Bowen and Fornals, he's been so consistent all season and if he carries on should be a contender for HOTY.......IMO of course.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

The guy has really stepped up a level this year for me, and talk of a 1 year contract extension is very welcome news indeed.

Just shows what having quality back up can do..

norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

^That was his 300th Premier League game