Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by White Goodman »

Probably the greatest or or at least most dramatic end to any sporting event I've ever seen though.

Netflix execs must have creamed their pants over this
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

White Goodman wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:52 pm Legacy damaging for Hamilton, not destroying but he's only ever faced one top top driver in a similarly competitive car over a season and he's been beaten . Cements the thinking that he can't win without a huge mechanical advantage.
Beaten once by Rosberg, whom promptly retired as he knew he got lucky, and finished ahead of two world champions in Alonso and Button. Do those seasons not count then? Or is only the one Rosberg one?
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Mercedes’ will be looking at the rules. They either let all cars past and rejoin at the back or none at all. This let a few past to put max behind Lewis has never been seen before.

If it’s not legally water tight then Masi has messed up and as Toto called out there should be a count back.

Part of me hopes not but it was complete bull ****.
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 871 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Gutted for Lewis.
Did everything right, had to get track position and did so. Controlled the race superbly and then we had that fiasco at the end which saw Verstappen lead for half a lap to win.
Twice now Spa and here a “race” has been manufactured to Red Bull’s advantage.
Hate Red Bull. Hate Horner and Hate Verstappen.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 811 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

White Goodman wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:52 pm Legacy damaging for Hamilton, not destroying but he's only ever faced one top top driver in a similarly competitive car over a season and he's been beaten .
Yeah, what a surprise you would come out with that tosh. Lewis was 5 laps from comfortably beating Max and winning his 8th title.

A lucky crash and some extreme manipulation of the rules damages his legacy?

Quite frankly, your are speaking tripe.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Now Sky are giving the wife beater air time.
EssexIron
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by EssexIron »

Massively fixed. How can they let just the cars between Max and Lewis passed? You let them all passes or none at all, and they've always always waited for the lapped cars to be well clear before restarting again.

To let just 5 lapped cars passed then instantly restart the race,, massive fix,, I'd be embarrassed to claim the title if I was Max.
3Dicks
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by 3Dicks »

All sport should be decided ‘on the field of play’ the FIA / race director meddled here to manufacture an exciting finale.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 811 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Lewis Hamilton, on missing out on the world title: "Firstly congratulations to Max and his team. I think we did an amazing job this year. The team, everyone back at the factory, all the men and women we have, worked so hard all year in a difficult season.

"I am so proud of them, and so grateful to be part of the journey with them. We gave it everything this last part of the season and never gave up, that's the most important thing.

"Of course I have felt great in the car this past couple of months,particularly at the end. I hope everyone stays safe in the pandemic and has good Christmas during this time and we'll see about next year."
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

-DL- wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:46 pm I notice how people that don't normally frequent this thread have come on to be childish penises.

Well done :newthumb:
One person really and that's not a particular surprise.

I don't follow it much either, but wanted Hamilton to win and think he's been hard done by. I also find Verstappen arrogant.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:01 pm Lewis Hamilton, on missing out on the world title: "Firstly congratulations to Max and his team. I think we did an amazing job this year. The team, everyone back at the factory, all the men and women we have, worked so hard all year in a difficult season.

"I am so proud of them, and so grateful to be part of the journey with them. We gave it everything this last part of the season and never gave up, that's the most important thing.

"Of course I have felt great in the car this past couple of months,particularly at the end. I hope everyone stays safe in the pandemic and has good Christmas during this time and we'll see about next year."
Yet people some how call him arrogant and out of touch.in the heat of the moment to say that, we’ll he is better then me.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

EssexIron wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:01 pm Massively fixed.
Surely not a shock? Last two races held in a morally bankrupt region. We'll never know how much money passed hands but you can bet it was a fair amount.

I'm not a fan of Hamilton as a person, but no doubting his ability - I'm surprised that is still in question if I'm honest.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3677 likes
Total likes: 2383 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

White Goodman wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:56 pm Probably the greatest or or at least most dramatic end to any sporting event I've ever seen though.

Netflix execs must have creamed their pants over this
Was good but not a patch on the Cricket World Cup final.
Last edited by Morocco Mole on Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Interestingly (looking on Twitter) the rules state ‘all cars must unlap’. If correct this will rumble on.

Oh look Rosberg had been looking too
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

-DL- wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:56 pm Beaten once by Rosberg, whom promptly retired as he knew he got lucky, and finished ahead of two world champions in Alonso and Button. Do those seasons not count then? Or is only the one Rosberg one?
Didn't win a championship ahead of either Alonso or Button iirc ?.

Might be wrong but can't remember him doing that.

Rosberg the score was 2-1 , hardly convincing and in the same car. Could have 2 all the following year. We will never know.

. Said he wanted to spend time with his family.

This was his first real challenge in a year against a different team with a potential great driver where the championship was either his or theirs.

Brilliant from both and still can't believe how it's ended

Merc paid the price here for an overcautious strategy and banked on no safety car., kept Hamilton out twice and that's hurt them.

Any other day they win this
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

There is a cock on the tv before the watershed.
simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by simon hammer »

I have always disliked people/teams that have a 'win at all costs, by fair means or foul' attitude...and then celebrate like they deserved it.

First item on the agenda for next year's F1 programme has to be the removal and replacement of Masi as race director. Definitely need someone who isn't going to bend like corn in the wind when put under pressure from the pit wall.

Second item...the first time a driver (whoever it is) sticks his car up the inside and forces another driver to take avoiding action, that driver should get an instant disqualification. Stamp that shithousery out right from the get go.

Thirdly...sort the tyres out. The pirellis have been awful yet again.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

White Goodman wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:05 pm Didn't win a championship ahead of either Alonso or Button iirc ?.

I didn't realise beating former World Champion team mates didn't count unless it was a championship winning season. My mistake...
EssexIron
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by EssexIron »

PF. wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:03 pm Surely not a shock? Last two races held in a morally bankrupt region. We'll never know how much money passed hands but you can bet it was a fair amount.

I'm not a fan of Hamilton as a person, but no doubting his ability - I'm surprised that is still in question if I'm honest..
You're right of course. It's shouldn't be a surprise. People in this thread have been saying for ages that it'll be handed to Max, but to make it so obvious. That would of been embarrassing if it was on WWE.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

simon hammer wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:09 pm Thirdly...sort the tyres out. The pirellis have been awful yet again.
To be fair to them they make the tyres they are told too (spent too many hours watching F1 tech talk). We move to 18” inch rims next year with very different characteristics