West Ham Utd 2-0 Norwich City (12/1/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Norwich City: match thread

Post by westlondonhammer »

Definitely a 343...plan A not reaping the rewards so I'd like to see us go back to plan B

Get the two wide forwards closer to Antonio, remove any defensive responsibility from the front 3 and let them go for it

I'd like to see Bowen, Antonio and Fornals be that front 3
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

westlondonhammer wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:30 am Definitely a 343...plan A not reaping the rewards so I'd like to see us go back to plan B

Get the two wide forwards closer to Antonio, remove any defensive responsibility from the front 3 and let them go for it

I'd like to see Bowen, Antonio and Fornals be that front 3
This is one of the reasons I wanted a back 3 last night if Cresswell was fit. We are not looking slick going forward.
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by EastEndIRON »

Does anybody have a link for the covid self declaration form that has to be completed?

Cheers! :newthumb:
r99c
Has liked: 708 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by r99c »

The stadium is going to be a huge bag of nerves until (hopefully) we score. God forbid what it’ll be like if we concede first.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

If we can get Cresswell, Ashby, Kral and Vlasic in with fresh body and minds could be a massive help.

Antonio coming on for last 15 a bagging a goal would do wonders too.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

How likely is this to go ahead? Norwich seem to be struggling and wanted their last game called off.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

3 at the back. Some changes in personnel needed.

----------------------- Fabianski -----------------------

---------- Dawson ---- Diop ---- Cresswell ----------

Ashby ----------------------------------------- Masuaku

------------- Noble -------------- Rice -----------------

Bowen --------------- Vlasic --------------- Benrahma

Antonio can come off of the bench when they're tired and have a run at their defence. Hopefully we will be 3-0 up by then and he can bag an wasy brace.
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Wilko1304 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:55 am How likely is this to go ahead? Norwich seem to be struggling and wanted their last game called off.
I'd say that the game has a 50/50 chance of going ahead, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I like those odds.

I’d be happy to see Moyes add Kral in the middle to hold behind Soucek and Rice. I’d not be against a 4-4-2 diamond but suspect the best we get is a 4-3-3.

Think we might need to cut our cloth accordingly and not pretend we aren’t tired. I’d quite like to see Benrahma and Vlasic play for the fresher legs, we can look again at half time if it’s not working.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

wildkard wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm I'd say that the game has a 50/50 chance of going ahead, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.
I heard your statistics are only correct 73% of the time though
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I saw the online Covid questionnaire for this game last night and it included a photo ID requirement.

Not had that before.

Given the Baronesses comments about us not living in North Korea re a football regulator, does anyone want to suggest why we need ID to watch a match in our designated seats?

The thing with ‘temporary emergency measures’ is that they become permanent.
honkytonk
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by honkytonk »

Im waiting to see when they send the email out, nailed on it will turn up about mid day saturday and not give most a chance to do it properly
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Especially if they require you to scan a copy of your passport or driving license.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:33 pm I saw the online Covid questionnaire for this game last night and it included a photo ID requirement.

Not had that before.

Given the Baronesses comments about us not living in North Korea re a football regulator, does anyone want to suggest why we need ID to watch a match in our designated seats?

No sign of the email yet for me/
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

Play a back 4 but play Kral to sit in front of our centre backs so we can let both Rice and Soucek go forward when an opportunity arises.Play Bowen and Fornals to support Antonio.This an opportunity for Antonio to get back on the scoresheet.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:33 pm I saw the online Covid questionnaire for this game last night and it included a photo ID requirement.

Not had that before.

This could be awkward. I use my nephews tickets. He just emails them to me. They are in his and his Mrs's name. I'm guessing this isn't going to work anymore.
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by EastEndIRON »

COVID 19 guidance for supporters attending the London Stadium:

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... hes-london

Article updated by the official website in the last hour

Starting with our home fixture against Norwich City this coming Saturday 18 December, all ticket holders aged 18 and over will need to complete an online questionnaire, which will be sent via email, and be ready to show their vaccination status or proof of a negative lateral flow test on the day of the match in order to gain access to London Stadium.

Supporters aged 18 and over should continue to be prepared to show a valid form of NHS COVID-19 certification ahead of entering the stadium on a matchday - a Premier League requirement that has been in place since the start of the 2021/22 when full crowds returned to matches. Download and register with the NHS App to generate an NHS COVID Pass

If you are not fully vaccinated, you will need to provide proof of a negative lateral flow test, which must be conducted within the 48 hours before kick-off - this can be shown in the form of either an email or a text message from the NHS - or demonstrate you have a medical exemption registered with the NHS.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

My nephew just called the ticket office. They said it was fine for me to still use his tickets and to also forward me the link to the questionnaire when it comes. From chatting to them he thinks there will be COVID passport checks but the questionnaire will probably be forgotten about.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Just as well we've got load of crap on Saturday, cos right now, playing as badly as we are, we don''t have to be anywhere near our best to beat them
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

Coops wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:10 pm This could be awkward. I use my nephews tickets. He just emails them to me. They are in his and his Mrs's name. I'm guessing this isn't going to work anymore.
Youre gonna be fine I reckon.
Does anyone really think they have either the technology or time to check people's faces against tickets?
Its a box ticking exercise.