✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by hammerman11 »

needs to start against southampton, good to see him stepping up finally. starts ahead of benrahma for me
Pob!
Has liked: 1063 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

He was fantastic last night..
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:52 am needs to start against southampton, good to see him stepping up finally. starts ahead of benrahma for me
I'd start him and Benrahma (and Fornals behind Bowen)
Boxing day is potentially Bennys last game before he goes away.

Liked the looked of him last night.
Read a lot recently with people saying "what does he do".
Looks like his close control is good and can take people on in tight spaces.
Receives the ball with back to goal and turns. Kept possession well when crowded and put in a couple of decent balls with both feet.

Obviously it wasn't a showing of a £30m player yet but getting better.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 500 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Some promising signs last night. Often in tight spaces and found a way out.

Thought he was unlucky not to score. Done everything right sending a few defenders and aimed to shoot through Davison's legs. Just caught one taking the pace off it.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

He was definitely better last night. I'm just not confident of any of our forward players scoring. But at least they linked up better last night.
honkytonk
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by honkytonk »

Created 2 chances for Soucek and (inadvertently) set up Bowen. Looks comfortable on the ball. Suited him playing where he was, rather than stuck wide left like in a couple of the Europa games. Needs to start against Southampton. I think a goal will do him the world of good as well
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

Did look better last night but i still do not know what his true position is or what it was in moscow that made moyes think yes i want him.Did we need another player in the position that he is playing in, i dont know but having said that he needs a chance to show us what he can do so ffs moyes give him a chance
honkytonk

Post by honkytonk »

From the little I have seen, id say he needs to be playing centrally. I still think there is a pretty useful player that will turn out a very good buy.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

I thought he showed flashes of real quality last night (finally) and started looking like a real attacking threat early on. However, I did think he disappeared as the game wore on.

Apparently, on Twitter, there were a lot of fans bemoaning his substitution, but I thought that was the right call as he wasn't having much impact on the game at that point.

Benny looked sharp when he came on but he looks like he's trying too hard again, a bit greedy and wild shooting.
honkytonk

Post by honkytonk »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:20 pm I thought he showed flashes of real quality last night (finally) and started looking like a real attacking threat early on. However, I did think he disappeared as the game wore on.

Apparently, on Twitter, there were a lot of fans bemoaning his substitution, but I thought that was the right call as he wasn't having much impact on the game at that point.

Benny looked sharp when he came on but he looks like he's trying too hard again, a bit greedy and wild shooting.
He looked sharp....without actually really doing anything!!!
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3177 likes
Total likes: 2316 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Perfectly weighted through ball to Bowen.

The Adriatic Iniesta.

:scarfer:
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

honkytonk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:21 pm He looked sharp....without actually really doing anything!!!
Benny or Vlas?
Benaloon
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Benaloon »

Thought he had a bit of Hazard about him last night - silky touch, low centre of gravity. Hopefully with more minutes and growing confidence he starts to really shine.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I think he just needs time,there is something there,he certainly has those flashes of quality. It will be hard for him to get going when he has 10-20 minutes here and there and starts games in disjointed Cup lineups. Maybe towards the backend of this season or early next season we will start to see the best of him.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1335 likes
Total likes: 796 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Noticed that Moyes commented on his fitness (still not up to speed) in the post-match press conferenve yesterday.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1962 likes
Total likes: 1649 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Korea Hammer wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:45 pm Noticed that Moyes commented on his fitness (still not up to speed) in the post-match press conferenve yesterday.
hard to get match fit when you don't play matches.......
Joffrey
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Joffrey »

Pob! wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:17 am He was fantastic last night..
I disagree. He showed some good moments in the first half and was anonymous in the second before he was substituted.

Jury still out for me but he should get plenty of opportunities over the next 6 weeks (if the football continues...)
D C
Has liked: 1120 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by D C »

I think it should be clear that he should be playing centrally or not at all unless we have injuries/suspensions/pestilence and he’s forced to
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

He just ran out of steam, while also being targeted by Conte, second half. Says something that a manager like that would change his tactics to nullify him.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Joffrey wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:57 pm I disagree. He showed some good moments in the first half and was anonymous in the second before he was substituted.

Jury still out for me but he should get plenty of opportunities over the next 6 weeks (if the football continues...)
The whole attack were becoming anonymous in the second half. We weren't getting the ball to them well enough. I think Vlasic made lots of runs into the box, but we didn't have other players on the pitch to make use of that. Fornals and Benrahma saw more of the ball when they came on as they understand our game more - if you're an attacking player then sadly you have to drop deeper if you want to see more of the ball as we only have Rice that's capable of carrying the ball upfield effectively. I think it's an obvious weakness we have at the moment.