Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DM »

Jennings wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:19 pm I have a double light switch in my hall, it’s right by the front door.

It’s not the side by side type of light switch; it’s an old fashioned - one switch above the other gig. Two Bakelite light switches on the same wooden plinth.

One switch turns the hall light on, the other switch turns the upstairs landing light on.

Jesus effing Christ, you would think I would know which switch turned which light on, but no. NO! Every time I get it wrong. And I mean EVERY FU**ING TIME.

I wouldn’t mind so much but I’ve lived in this house for over a quarter of century.
Going by your track record just be thankful you haven't electrocuted yourself.....yet!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

jastons wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:58 pm Did she count each order herself, or is there a page on Amazon that tells you! Er... asking for a friend.
Apparently you can view that on your account page.

Good job eBay doesn't have one of them! :rofl:
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

All these pictures of footballers with their families wearing the same pyjamas or onesies. What the f*** is that all about?
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Ungrateful c*** at Christmas

You buy them the present they wanted then the appreciation is not there.

Present opened, box looked at then left on the side. Probably stay there for a few days then maybe moved.

Other presents opened, first thing said…wrong size, wrong colour, did you keep the receipt? I get it may be all those things but at least sound a bit grateful I actually got you a present. Makes it feel worthless

I hate ungrateful people and I hate commercial b***** that goes with Christmas. All about how many presents they got and how much it all cost.

An indication of my Christmas night. I watched the Green Bay Packers play the Cleveland Browns as I was the only one downstairs from 8pm
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Harlow Hammer wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:38 pm Ungrateful c*** at Christmas
You buy them the present they wanted then the appreciation is not there.
Present opened, box looked at then left on the side. Probably stay there for a few days then maybe moved.
Other presents opened, first thing said…wrong size, wrong colour, did you keep the receipt? I get it may be all those things but at least sound a bit grateful I actually got you a present. Makes it feel worthless
I hate ungrateful people and I hate commercial b***** that goes with Christmas. All about how many presents they got and how much it all cost.
Yes HH, I rather share your disdain for it all.
Perhaps present giving at Christmas should only really be for children. Once you leave childhood, the present giving could/should stop.
I mean when you think about it, why are we as grown adults still buying & receiving presents? It's possibly infantilizing us all, keeping it going.
If there's something that we want, hopefully we can afford to buy it for ourselves.
Yeah, I suppose it's nice when you're an adult to then buy gifts for your parents/grandparents, in return for what they did for you as children. If you were lucky, of course.
Perhaps we should start a campaign? Stop feeling forced to spend money that you might not have, on gifts that people don't really want or need.
Don't let retailers know though, they'll all be after us..
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Actually wanting and needing pants and socks for Christmas..........but not receiving a single pant or sock.

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Harlow Hammer - here's a big Christmas hug , mate - you're a good man .

Enjoy Boxing Day . :newthumb:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Jessops.

See the Christmas present thread.

London. Went to see the lights last night with the wife and child. It took almost two hours from Piccadilly Underpass to Trafalgar Square down Regent Street as it appeared everybody else had the same idea...
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Harlow Hammer wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:38 pm Ungrateful c*** at Christmas...
Like everything else in society nowadays, Christmas seems to be a dick-swinging contest, with people having a massive sense of entitlement and no humility whatsoever.

Just another on the long list of reasons as to why I'm not a fan of Christmas.

It pisses me off as well when people that are manic for Christmas call people like myself scrooge or the Grinch, just because we don't have the same opinion of it that they do, without taking a second out of their time to actually consider that many people have genuine reasons as to why they don't like it.

I guess the most important people in my life know I don't do Christmas very well, and don't shove it down my throat, and for that, I'm grateful.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

-DL- wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:03 am Like everything else in society nowadays, Christmas seems to be a dick-swinging contest, with people having a massive sense of entitlement and no humility whatsoever.

Just another on the long list of reasons as to why I'm not a fan of Christmas.

It pisses me off as well when people that are manic for Christmas call people like myself scrooge or the Grinch, just because we don't have the same opinion of it that they do, without taking a second out of their time to actually consider that many people have genuine reasons as to why they don't like it.

I guess the most important people in my life know I don't do Christmas very well, and don't shove it down my throat, and for that, I'm grateful.
The best present I received was the 27 Kit Kat’s I received in the KUMB secret Santa, the fact somebody who has never met me and spent roughly a tenner brightened my Xmas more than stuff from people who profess to know me and spent a hell of a lot more sums up the bull **** gift giving merry go round that people try to keep up with.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

-DL- wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:03 am The Grinch
The bloke just wanted to be left alone with his dog. I take it as a compliment when people call me it cos I ****ing hate crimbo. This one has been particularly *****. Oh well. Could be worse.

Don't get me started on when people talk about "the real meaning of Christmas" and I remind them that it originally was a the pagan festival of Yule that the bible thumpers hijacked to get everyone to believe in the utter horseshit of a fairy story.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

The bellends are out in force over on the General Discussion.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

davids cross wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:41 am Actually wanting and needing pants and socks for Christmas..........but not receiving a single pant or sock.

If it's single socks you want, I have a drawer full.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:13 am If it's single socks you want, I have a drawer full.
They're still pairs in my world
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:13 am If it's single socks you want, I have a drawer full.
Mrs DL a while back, went to throw out a few pairs of identical socks. I asked her why, and she said 'at least one sock in each pair has a hole in'.

'So why are you throwing away the good ones?'

'Because the other one has a hole in...'

'How many good socks have you got?'

'4''

How many socks with holes in?'

'4'

'So how many good pairs do you now have?'

'Well none, that's why I'm throwing them...'
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

S-H wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:26 am The bellends are out in force over on the General Discussion.
Transfer Window?
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

There’s probably a market for your crusty old wanksocks,probably not here though.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:59 pm Don't get me started on when people talk about "the real meaning of Christmas" and I remind them that it originally was a the pagan festival of Yule that the bible thumpers hijacked to get everyone to believe in the utter horseshit of a fairy story.
Maybe have read of the Archdeacons christmas message next door in the GD. May cheer you are.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Another Christmas without receiving any myrhh.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

The veg shop opposite my place was broken into on the 22nd/23rd so I would get turned over the following night.
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... er-6407326