Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:33 pm Surprised Wee Jimmie and the Welsh nobody haven't been more vocal about trying to stop this. They will be going home tomorrow after all, along with our nasty English germs.
Tonight Ms Krankie will be too busy
- she'll be watching yet another re-run of BRAVEHEART.. followed by repeats of THE WHITE HEATHER CLUB.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police

Post by uptonparkhurst »

An excellent review of the evidence here from ROGER SEHEULT of MEDCRAM.
Personally I doubt whether we will see the product in the UK any time soon as the US govt has ordered 10 million doses and they will get theirs first,naturally.

Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Let's kick off the hyperbole with this new entry to the Top Ten:

Quote: Perfect Storm:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... s-in-month

Hmmm... not clear from this shambolic article if people are actually off sick or are just isolating, but no matter. We're getting the plebs attention and scaring them, so all's good.

Quote: Tidal Wave:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... s-of-abuse

Awful personal attacks just because people have been doing their jobs. At least the "tidal wave" description isn't as strong as our new Eighteen with a Bullet:

Quote: Tsunami

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -questions

Note to Guardian editor: "We're running out of superlatives. Is the Carlton Cole word still a no no? Wher do we go from here with Project Fear?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1664 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

uptonparkhurst wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:29 pm An excellent review of the evidence here from ROGER SEHEULT of MEDCRAM.
Personally I doubt whether we will see the product in the UK any time soon as the US govt has ordered 10 million doses and they will get theirs first,naturally.

how much does their pill cost ? I'm guess 500-700 bucks per pill.*

how much is Ivermectin and is it any more effecient. my guess is around a couple of bucks a pop.

even with the "cocktail" I reckon total 7 dollars.

*Googled

US Government Pays $5.29 Billion to Pfizer for Anti-Covid Pills
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

wolf359 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:54 pm "Fight and you may die. Run, and you’ll live… at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin’ to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they’ll never take… our New Year's Eve piss up!"
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2691 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:33 pm Surprised Wee Jimmie and the Welsh nobody haven't been more vocal about trying to stop this. They will be going home tomorrow after all, along with our nasty English germs.

There have been some polite requests but people going to do what people going to do .
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 269 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

How about this "horror" headline

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... hp&pc=U531

but reading it the cases that were found had no serious symptons.

Journalists should report the news, which they have in the above piece, but not come up with some misleading, click bait, attention grabbing headline.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Potentially controversial podcast here from Dr Robert Malone, inventor of the nine original mRNA vaccine patents. I haven't had a chance to listen yet but thought I'd stick it here.

He was apparently banned from Twitter last week - for posting this video I think:

https://www.canadiancovidcarealliance.o ... an-good-2/

which, in all fairness, is actually quite well presented and doesn't come across as the work of crazy tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists.

In my personal opinion I've seen flaws in information presented by both the pro and against camps, and also plenty of valid points on both sides. You do have to put a bit more effort in searching for sane voices in the against camp though to be fair. I'm still very much on the fence at the moment although I can say that I've always been rather cynical of big pharma.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Wonder if this common sense proposal will find favour over here?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ts-omicron

I won't hold my breath.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:23 pm Wonder if this common sense proposal will find favour over here?

I won't hold my breath.
Seems to me that the US are interested in progress whereas we appear to be interested in paralysis by analysis.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

I wonder how many of the 'admissions' are like some silly bint I used to work with that I have on my Facebook?

She's an attention seeker, and put it this way - if we'd run a sweep stake at work on who would be the first person to self isolate when this thing first hit back in 2020, she would have come out on top - and sure enough she was.

She tested positive on a LFT a few days ago, and despite me putting it on her when she posted, asking her 'Hang on - didn't you drive past my house a couple of hours ago and toot when I was getting out of my car?' (She claims she was going to get a PCR test done, despite heading in totally the opposite direction to where it is) she's adamant she's positive. She may well be, because she is the type that wouldn't do self isolation rules and was probably on her way to score a bag of weed.

Anyway, NYE, she was again posting on FB saying she was suffering badly and was at A&E, with the obligatory check in, and was then admitted. She then posted yesterday morning saying she had been kicked out and sent home.

If she has got Covid, which she probably has, because I don't doubt she does/did have it, she's just the sort of idiot that would go out and about with it, and was admitted overnight, then that's another number on the admitted to hospital with Covid figures - so would it be harsh to suggest there's probably a fair number of attention seekers like her, that have tested positive, made a meal out of it and gone to A&E, had an overnight admission then kicked out again the following day that are making the figures appear worse than they are?
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5673 likes
Total likes: 3095 likes

Post by MB »

Well the net admissions only went up 20 yesterday DL so it could well be time wasters like her!
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

So into day 6 of quarantine now
Having a manic 5 year old and a hormonal 8 month pregnant wife also in quarantine is proving challenging

Can't say I feel too great physically but not horrendous. At the moment I have a lot of pain across my front and back and under my arms as if I have lifted far too many weights. I can't life my arms above my head. Anyone else had this with Covid?
666 hammer
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by 666 hammer »

So face masks to return to the classrooms. I heard a teacher complain about CO2 levels in the classroom due to polution. Apparently each classroom has sensors monitoring the levels. So what level of co2 are the children breathing in whilst wearing facemasks? I would imagine, well above any guidelines.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

I reckon people's fear of Covid is starting to subside as more and more people they know are catching it, are ill for a couple of days and then are okay and on the road to recovery.

But there will always be those with hypochondria who will rock up at A&E with cold symptoms, test positive and end up a stat.

Even before Covid, A&Es were full of piss takers who either couldn't get a GP appointment immediately or simply felt that a broken nail was a life and death situation - true story that.

When sister #1 spent her day off in a Portsmouth hospital car park, treating patients in the back of ambulances, one 80 year old lady was sat there festering in diarrhoea. She had been prescribed antibiotics for a mild urine infection. The side effects of the antibiotics like with many of them was gastrointestinal problems. The lady's son called her GP whose receptionist said call 999. All that was required was the GP issue a different type of medication.

However with zero dignity (my sisters cleaned her up to help her regain some) she went down as an A&E stat and took an ambulance and a paramedic team out of action for 3 hours.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:06 am So into day 6 of quarantine now
Having a manic 5 year old and a hormonal 8 month pregnant wife also in quarantine is proving challenging

Can't say I feel too great physically but not horrendous. At the moment I have a lot of pain across my front and back and under my arms as if I have lifted far too many weights. I can't life my arms above my head. Anyone else had this with Covid?
Back when I had it late September I had a muscle ache over 3 days that started around top of ribs on my back that slowly moved down to waist.

As for challenging moments our youngest got locked in bedroom when door handle mechanism broke. We undid everything with screwdrivers etc but the important part of the contraption had broken up and could not be fixed. In the end a credit card put under door and lots of manipulation sorted it but as wife and I felt so ill and knackered it was horrendous. Sweating streams and at our wits end at one point. It had to happen when we were all at our lowest ebb with covid.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

666 hammer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:20 am So face masks to return to the classrooms. I heard a teacher complain about CO2 levels in the classroom due to polution. Apparently each classroom has sensors monitoring the levels. So what level of co2 are the children breathing in whilst wearing facemasks? I would imagine, well above any guidelines.
Lots of stuff from experts online saying it's negligible
uptonparkhurst

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:23 pm Wonder if this common sense proposal will find favour over here?

I won't hold my breath.
Pete,
If you think that the US are handling this pandemic better than we are then you can't have been paying much attention.
I'll admit that I'm baffled as to why we keep testing when omicron has clearly outstripped our capacity to keep up
with it,but the Septics haven't been doing much testing in the first place and - as we have already recognised
- the period of isolation has to come down over there so that the key workers that keep the wheels of the economy moving can keep working.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

I would argue that it needs to come down here too.

The number of daily cases is now completely irrelevant and is only used by the media to shock and drive fear to either drive ratings or advertising revenue.

The link between cases and hospitalisations appears to have been broken, by a combination of vaccines and the reduced potency of the virus.

Yes hospitalisations are increasing but there doesn't appear to be too much analysis into what those patients are in for, how it compares with 2020, 2019 and 2018 and crucially what are the protocols for front line health worker when they have colds and flu.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2659 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

666 hammer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:20 am So face masks to return to the classrooms. I heard a teacher complain about CO2 levels in the classroom due to polution. Apparently each classroom has sensors monitoring the levels. So what level of co2 are the children breathing in whilst wearing facemasks? I would imagine, well above any guidelines.
There is no need to imagine here due to the internet:
https://uihc.org/health-topics/do-face- ... on-dioxide