Solved: 'Invalid' notice/privacy note/login issues

Experiencing technical problems with either KUMB.com or your PC in general? Get help here.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Re: Solved: 'Invalid' notice/privacy note

Post by szola »

It's still a lottery.

Sometime I can log on, sometimes not.
Using Firefox, Chrome and Duckduckgo (android)

I would pay/subscribe to an app without the very intrusive video/adds.
Don't know the general sentiment, would guess most who subscribe would.
61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Logging in is a bit hit and miss and often when I try to post a comment it says “ invalid form” using I pad with Safari, Chrome and Google search engines same outcome for all.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Can’t login this morning (11am) on my iPhone XS using safari (IOS 5:2)
But I can login , so therefore typing this :) on my old and slow iPad Air on safari … which is running iOS 12.5.5 and I can’t be updated any higher.
Seems to be intermittent.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Cottee wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:06 amI know ads are needed but ... it's really spoiled the site.
Unfortunately, without ads, we wouldn't have a site. I'm sorry if they affect your (or anyone else's) user experience, but they are absolutely necessary.

Thanks to all for the info re platforms/browsers. Please keep it coming. Our devs have made some updates overnight so please let me know if you're still having problems, or whether they've disappeared or are less (or more) frequent than before.
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1149 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Don’t know if it helps UTJ but…

Logged on first time earlier today to post in transfer thread on iPhone 12 Safari - about 12.30. Left phone a while and got logged out via time. Then wanted to post again so taken last half hour trying every few minutes to log in on iPhone safari, and iPad (safari) - both had same login issue (form submitted..). Cleared safari cache on iPhone and iPad but neither went straight in. Repeatedly alternated trying on those two and iPhone just let me in after about 15 attempts. Thought I’d share in case helpful. Given it was both devices at the same time I wondered if that indicates it’s username related (or coincidental)?
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

pablo jaye wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:34 pm Haven't been able to log in this afternoon on my iphone 12 using Safari, but OK on a laptop using Edge at the moment.

Not sure Samba is much help .... :winker:
:crylol: I completely agree, pj..
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

I've been having the Invalid Form when trying to preview/submit a post every day that I've tried the last couple of weeks. I couldn't even let you all know what I got for Christmas.

I have never had a problem logging in - I am always logged in and it will never let me log out when I try that to see it that clears the Invalid Form. Today I had the Invalid Form, but I was able to log out - and when I logged back in I could submit a post OK.

There seems to be no logic for it at all - other than I think that it is related to the actual user account itself because when it happens I cannot post anything on 3 different Windows browsers and 2 different ones on both Android phone and tablet. When it does eventually work I try creating a post immediately on other devices and previewing them always seem to work.

As for the videos - I can just about live with them on windows - but not mobile. If I happen to be browsing KUMB on my mobile and either get distracted or just put my phone down - then instead of the screensaver kicking in, the screen stays on, the videos keep running and it severely flattens my battery.

It is virtually impossible to post anything other than a very simple post on mobile as the video overlays the text input. If you close the video, then as soon as you click on the text box to start editing, then a new video appears. If you're trying to do multiple quotes, include an image or URL - then forget it.

I have wasted time preparing a post so many times the last month or so only to have the Invalid Form and trying to cut and paste my draft on a phone and email it to myself to retrieve later - I now just give up using my phone for posting.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1188 likes
Total likes: 930 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Last couple of days I started to get the 'invalid form' message when replying to posts - clearing the cache fixes it but it is a nuisance. Using chrome on a laptop. Luckily I don't post too often.
WCpete
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by WCpete »

For the last couple of months multiple times per day I have cleared cache and data on all browsers I use, I have made sure I'm using https//, I have rebooted the machines I'm using etc. The problem is worse now than it has ever been. It only happens on KUMB. I have no issues with any other site. Tbh, constantly clearing data is a bit of a hassle because it means having to re-input log in data for most other sites I frequently use every time I do it. The problem persists on my iMac, my Macbook Air, iphone and ipad;

imac & Macbopok Air: I use Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Iphone & ipad: I use Safari & Chrome
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

Have had similar problems logging in over the past couple of weeks, though only my laptop (Mac/Safari). Normally I log in automatically when I open KUMB.
On my work computer things were as always.

Since yesterday, everything's back to normal on my laptop.
Herefordiron

Post by Herefordiron »

Logged on this morning fine
Couldn’t log in this afternoon but can log on now
iPhone 12 with google
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

After being fine for a while getting loads of issues again. Couldn’t log in yesterday or at all today until just now. A real pain in the arse!
Has liked: 4550 likes
Total likes: 1539 likes

Post by Sticky »

Pretty constant - got to the point where I've abandoned the idea of logging in and posting for the most part now.

Looking forward to it being resolved.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Iphone XR, IOS 15.2, Safari Browser.
Pot luck getting logged as others have reported. It can be very random experience. Clearing web cache / cookies not successful for me. No problems elsewhere for log in on web.
I have no other comparison for logging on to Kumb from other platforms as I’ve abandoned the idea of even using android or PC for Kumb due to the sheer overload of advertising and the kumb pop up video window on every page. This does not happen on my IOS device.
It appears that from this page alone that it is Apple devices that seem to be most affected, perhaps due to being able to filter out the advertising garbage on page load up.
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

First time I have been able to log in for a couple of weeks.

Invalid form, using an iPhone 13 Pro on both Safari/Chrome.

3rd time trying to post this as both previous times my comment was mysteriously deleted both times whilst still writing out on my response.
Last edited by window74 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 2710 likes

Post by sendô »

Had it last night for a solid half an hour on home laptop. Fingers crossed this morning on work laptop all has been fine.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Re: 'Invalid' notice/privacy note/login issues

Post by BondsoBob »

And I thought it was just me!
Problems almost all the time for the last few weeks.
'Form submitted invalid'.
I usually use my phone (very old Galaxy A3).
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Unable to log in at all on laptop today. Phone took several tries, but logged in now but phone screen is covered in adds and old David Moyes interviews so still a real pain. Site is not currently user friendly at all, which is a real shame.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Unable to log in again on my laptop. I don’t want to clear the cache as it will mess up a load of work stuff.

Phone (IPhone 11) has been just as bad but have got in (as you can see).

So frustrating atm, and the user experience isn’t as good on the phone due to all the blooming pop ups and videos.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

I know it's a pain, but we've made changes to the way cookies are set as we continue to try to resolve this issue.

So can you please, once again, clear your browser's cache and restart. As always, please let me know how it goes. :thup: