Summer Holidays

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Re: Summer Holidays

Post by Samba »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:59 pmIdeally it’d be the World Cup in Qatar but it’s winter and I don’t fancy it.
Be better than being here in our winter, Jim!
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2053 likes

Post by Shabu »

Samba wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:09 pm Be better than being here in our winter, Jim!
Malaga is a lovely town too.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

I'm off to Tenerife next Thursday (international break) :crossed: , staying in the Zentral Center Hotel, cannot wait. :beer:
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 449 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Samba wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:09 pm Be better than being here in our winter, Jim!
I’m disagreeing with Qatar as a choice for a variety of reasons. My international team are Wales and I’ll stand firm even if we qualify.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2659 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Anyone got anything in mind or booked that they are looking forward to having cancelled by COVID restrictions this year?

I have two weeks booked in 'beefa (with the family, not a massive one with infinite disco biscuits) at the start of the school holidays. Got BA flights out of London City (which I prefer to the other alternatives as the queues are typically shorter) and a villa booked, hopefully far enough away from young people enjoying themselves.
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2053 likes

Post by Shabu »

EvilC wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:16 pm Anyone got anything in mind or booked that they are looking forward to having cancelled by COVID restrictions this year?

I have two weeks booked in 'beefa (with the family, not a massive one with infinite disco biscuits) at the start of the school holidays. Got BA flights out of London City (which I prefer to the other alternatives as the queues are typically shorter) and a villa booked, hopefully far enough away from young people enjoying themselves.
You know you'll slip out for a rave up one night :lol:

I've become a bit addicted to cheap Mexican holidays. Off to Zihuatanejo on the 26th for ten days. Flight was $73 return & hotels $20, $40 & $35 (2 nights, then 4 nights twice). One dollar tacos & cheap shots of tequila.

Five weeks after that it's Cabo for 5 days then six weeks after that Puerto Vallarta for another 5 days.

Then another 10 days in PV in September. Flights were $5 each direction. With taxes and fees came out to $50 each round trip.

I've now got half my work doing this too. Just pop over the border and get a cheap domestic Mexican flight.

Can't really afford it but dealing with people in a covid world is bloody draining. We're missing half the products in the shop for one reason or another and they are ****ing moaning about it. One bloke had a fit the other day because we don't have his favourite giant chocolate bar.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

I’m off to Mexico with a friend in March for 10 days, meeting a friend who’s been travelling South America the last year, doing 2 days cancun, 2 days isle majueres and the rest playa del carmen.. excited is an understatement
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Hammer Matty wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:05 am I’m off to Mexico with a friend in March for 10 days, meeting a friend who’s been travelling South America the last year, doing 2 days cancun, 2 days isle majueres and the rest playa del carmen.. excited is an understatement
Have a lovely relaxing time https://qroo.us/2019/06/12/why-you-shou ... in-mexico/ :crylol: Only joking, we spent 10 nights in downtown Cancun away from the hotel zone and had a great time eating and drinking with the locals. I even persuaded the Mrs to go and watch Cancun FC which was an experience. They have a couple of home games in March so if you get a chance I would recommend it, they even have a running track in front of the stands so you feel at home.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

Hammer Matty wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:05 am I’m off to Mexico with a friend in March for 10 days, meeting a friend who’s been travelling South America the last year, doing 2 days cancun, 2 days isle majueres and the rest playa del carmen.. excited is an understatement
Make sure you check out Coco Bongo when you're in Playa Del Carmen..

:)
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Was looking at Thailand but BA have canned their Bangkok and KL flights until the end of the year, leaving Singapore which still has stringent entry requirements.

So we are off to Parga in the Greek mainland (opposite Corfu).

At the moment I just want some sunshine.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Already planned to visit coco bongo
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'm looking forward to my trip to Wales.
Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by Big George »

Off to Somerset with the lad for Feb half term, still head scratching about foreign hols this year.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Trying to book a Portugal golf trip in May, courses we want our now booked a year in advance!! :shock: hotel/villa/flights no probs, courses are a struggle to say the least!

Was looking into long haul, but booked Cyprus for 2 weeks, I NEED SOME SUNSHINE, we do love Cyprus so looking forward to it HUGELY.
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Nile Cruise booked for March....to say I'm nervous is an understatement
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

We normally head to Crete twice a year, May/June and September/October, and would hope to do the same again this year.

We managed a 10-dayer in September last year and a week or so in 2020, both during Covid restrictions. It was great due to the lack of tourists, but a struggle for the locals for the same reason
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Big George wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:41 am Off to Somerset with the lad for Feb half term, still head scratching about foreign hols this year.
Cheddar & Bath are definitely worth visits :thup:
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

S-H wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:30 am Make sure you check out Coco Bongo when you're in Playa Del Carmen..

:)
I went there, thought it was a complete touristy rip-off. Cant work out what the attraction is to be honest.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:46 pm Nile Cruise booked for March....to say I'm nervous is an understatement
Are you worried about about Covid,Poirot or something else?
Always fancied doing The Nile cruise.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

France. I need to be in France, a lot, this year. Haven't been since 2018, with a spot of luck we'll get a week or two over Easter, and at least that long in the Summer. Sunshine, Atlantic coastline and French bread & wine. That's not too much to ask for, surely?