✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Looks fitter and stronger over the last month. It's having a direct impact on his confidence and his decision making.

I won't give him the satisfaction but a certain pink mod can be very smug about a post he made following Vlasic's debut for us where he said this is what would happen :newthumb:
OFT
Has liked: 2998 likes
Total likes: 1759 likes

Post by OFT »

LeonRivers wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:33 pm Can we not use terms like ‘bought the free kick’, ‘won the free kick’ or ‘tripped himself’, please? He dived. He’s a ****. Hopefully someone has a word and he doesn’t do it again.
:newthumb:

In my case the phrase 'tripped himself' wasn't an excuse but a suggestion that he'd done 'a Vardy' and is unacceptable.
Could have worded it better I accept.
Still think the first was a genuine slip though.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

He has to be got relatively central and close to goal, but the dummy he sold the back line late on that left the RB (?) sliding in the wrong direction on his arse was quality. :grin:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

I’ve always felt he just needs time. I think his more disciplined game will yield better results than the unorthodox, but too heads down, approach of Benrahma.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:35 amI think his more disciplined game will yield better results than the unorthodox, but too heads down, approach of Benrahma.

BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Not making excuses but I do wonder if you even know who’s tripped you even if it’s yourself whilst running at full speed in a top flight football match.
Ethanadict
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 250 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

Up the Junction wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:40 pm Moysie liked what he saw.

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136605
That’s really great to read. When Moyes talks up a players effort and work rate, you know they must be trying their heart out. He also rightly points out his age, he’s only 24.

He’s got ability, strength and balance, so if the desire to work hard is there, the future looks rosy.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1162 likes
Total likes: 674 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

As most have said, starting to see the vindication of Moyes decision in the summer. Vlasic over Lingard seems like a good decision at this stage of developments. More to come I am sure, and the coaches will get it out, and if needed he has resale value.

Well done mr Moyes.
👍🇨🇿
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:29 pm Looks fitter and stronger over the last month. It's having a direct impact on his confidence and his decision making.

I won't give him the satisfaction but a certain pink mod can be very smug about a post he made following Vlasic's debut for us where he said this is what would happen :newthumb:
He wasn't the only one, there a fair few who said he needed time and to trust Moyes
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 354 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Another impressive display from Vlasic yesterday, he was excellent.

He wants the ball and makes good use of it when he has it.

We have a great bunch of talented players in and around their mid-20s. If we can keep those together and gradually add to them, the future really does look good under Moyes
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

sendô wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:14 pm I think you lot are getting a bit excited about his "dive". It looked to me like he slipped as he turned the defender, and the ref gave it.

It was hardly a Salah-esque fall over and dangle your trailing leg to initiate contact fall was it?
No. It was a full on Kane/Bale/Alli-esque ‘He’ll probably kick me when I do this, so I’m gonna throw myself to the floor straight away’ dive.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I'm a massive hypocrite..

I don't care if our players dive.

:hush:
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

S-H wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 am I'm a massive hypocrite..

No point in diving anymore, if salah, grealish, vardy etc dive then its ok, if one of ours dives for a penalty var will look at it, its double standards, we just have to get used to it and put up with it.
For example just look at Antonio, a long ball is hit up to him, the defender has an arm round his neck, the other around his waist and he has to wrestle to get anything, if he wins the ball its a foul, if he doesn't he just gets dragged to the ground and the game carries on.
Compare that to the likes of Lacazette, as the same ball is hit up to him and the defender brushes a fingertip across his elbow he throws his arms in the air, arches his back, throws himself down, yelps in pain then rolls around holding his face, checking for blood writhing in agony while his teammates run screaming at the ref demanding a free kick and a card,
Lacazette gets his foul and a player booked or sent off, Antonio gets nothing, that's the premiership for you, we just have to get on with it, it's not fair but neither is life
LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers »

S-H wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 am I'm a massive hypocrite..

To be completely honest, this latest one bothered me a lot less than previous examples, even as recent as Noble’s a couple of seasons ago.

I’m not sure if that’s some lovely racism from me (of course the foreigner dived, but shame on the salt-of-the-Earth Englishman for doing so! :oops: ) or if I’ve finally given up hope that it’ll ever be cleaned up, and accepted that we’ll have to join in if we ever want to succeed.

We’ve had that many sides profit from diving against us (Everton, Liverpool, Leicester off the top of my head) and VAR seems to have done nothing to stop it. Maybe I’ve actually just stopped caring now. :hush:
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

I think I mentioned Dawson needing to make more out of the challenge away at Burnley to get a pen. I know it's not something we are fond of but we have been on the receiving end and many players get away with it.

It's time to get a little street smart and take the opportunity when it presents itself. Teams and players have been taking advantage for many years
LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers »

IronZ-79 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:02 am I think I mentioned Dawson needing to make more out of the challenge away at Burnley to get a pen. I know it's not something we are fond of but we have been on the receiving end and many players get away with it.
Whilst I completely agree with the sentiment, I’m not sure what more Dawson could have done there. He was properly scythed to the floor.

A truly shocking decision not to award a penalty, that was.
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

The self inflicted 'disguised dive' brought back memories of seeing his compatriot Slaven Bilic doing it for us often.
He had perfected a little trick where when under pressures he's d let the opponent get get behind him and clip his own feet and dive. Judging by the Vlasic dive it must be part of training with the national team.

Have to say seeing Vlasic gradually making his mark over recent weeks has come as no surprise. Ws saw slow progress with Fornals & Benrahma and the Vlasic YouTube reels and watching him in the Euros left me confident of the players ability and potential worth to our team.
1984 QPR at home
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by 1984 QPR at home »

I have a croatian mate, and theyve been in contact when we signed vlasic and since then. They reckon he is the bright future of croatian football and will (i find it hard to believe) reach the heights of modric
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

LeonRivers wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:10 am Whilst I completely agree with the sentiment, I’m not sure what more Dawson could have done there. He was properly scythed to the floor.

A truly shocking decision not to award a penalty, that was.
I think he just needed to stay down and not bounce straight back up. Get some of our players animated and surround the ref asking the question. May have resulted in a spot kick!