West Ham Utd 2-0 Norwich City (12/1/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Captain Black
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Norwich City: rescheduled match thread

Post by Captain Black »

Hi.......

Not sure if this helps at all??

Just had a reply back from Nic in the ticket office, after asking them if my printed off tickets for the original game on the 18th would still be valid and work at the gate, or if I would need another mail with new tickets to reprint off etc..........

" Your tickets with the previous dates on are valid and will allow you all entry on Wednesday night".

So no other tickets needed.......good job as I deleted the original mail after printing the tickets off.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

brothernero wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:47 pm Football does not and has never worked that way though.

Never really understand why West Ham supporters of all people write/say stuff like this. When other fans of clubs such as Spurs say it we rightly take the piss out of them.
I didn't say football does work that way, nor did I say we have a right to be beating them, but my point remains that they are both crap and we should really be beating both, regardless of what team we put out.

I don't see why that is a controversial statement. Leeds were poor yesterday and we barely got out of first gear whilst dominating that match, and Norwich have scored just 8 PL goals all season whilst conceding 42.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Two big games for us here in terms of our top four hopes being real or not.

Dispatch both Norwich and Leeds to go back into the top four with a five point cushion on Arsenal, 7 on Spurs and 9 on Man Utd would be a real statement of intent. Yes, they all have games in hand, but playing three competitive PL games in a week at the back end of the season when you are chasing points, really isn't ideal.

Fabianski and Cresswell would no doubt come straight back in if fit / virus free / available. I can't see it though for Norwich to be honest.
Coufal has to fight for a place with Johnson now if he is available / virus free. I think he gets in over Fredericks though if we are using Johnson at LB.
Dawson and Diop remain nailed on starters as the only two fit and established CBs.
Rice and Soucek are nailed on starters.
Bowen is a nailed on starter and it would also be harsh on both Lanzini and Vlasic if they didn't start (especially with Benrahma away).
Antonio is a nailed on starter.
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 355 likes

Post by old fart »

sutts07 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:13 am Two big games for us here in terms of our top four hopes being real or not.

Dispatch both Norwich and Leeds to go back into the top four with a five point cushion on Arsenal, 7 on Spurs and 9 on Man Utd would be a real statement of intent. Yes, they all have games in hand, but playing three competitive PL games in a week at the back end of the season when you are chasing points, really isn't ideal.
There's a lot who are thinking that but I just wish they'd not say it out loud
One game at a time
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

old fart wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:25 am There's a lot who are thinking that but I just wish they'd not say it out loud
One game at a time
I am simply saying it will tell us a lot about our realistic (or not) claims to be in a top four race.

I am not saying 'we will dispatch Norwich and Leeds', I am saying that a top four contender would/should be picking up six points in these two games. So if that is what we want to be, that is what we need to do.

It is not over confidence, it is fact. We have all seen far too much in the past (this season alone) to know that a surprise draw or loss is never too far away from us so I'd never assume we are going to hit back to back wins.

Taking one game at a time... I'll be understandably disappointed if we don't beat Norwich at home.
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

We’re 1/4 to win this match with the bookies. Can anyone recall a Premier League game where we have been shorter odds?
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

gilmour out for norwich. 3-4 weeks ankle injury
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

Do we think Antonio gets rested for this game?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

lewis100985 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:04 pm Do we think Antonio gets rested for this game?
No chance.

Moyes might rest his legs by taking him off in the 85th minute if we're 4-0 up though.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Strongest team possible please. Then make subs early'ish if we are 2/3 nil up.

Fab

Fredericks Dawson Diop Johnson

Soucek Rice

Bowen Lanzini Vlasic

Antonio

If possible, bring on 3 of the following Kral, Noble, Fornals, Yarmo after 65-70 mins.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

xmas01245
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by xmas01245 »

Rio wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:03 pm The ticket I saved to my iPhone has expired. Looks like a trip to the ticket office pre game
For anyone who downloaded the original ticket for Norwich, you should still be able to use it even if your iPhone thinks it's expired. Open up the Wallet app and scroll to the bottom, you should see a button that says 'View x expired passes' which then reveals them all. Thankfully my ticket seems to have updated itself with the new date so wasn't classified as expired anyway but obviously just double check the date on the ticket.

For future reference, if you're on iPhone then you can stop your wallet from automatically hiding expired passes by going to Settings>Wallet & Apple Pay and then toggling the 'Hide Expired Passes' button.
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Tickets were on Google Pay up until today with the correct dates (12/01/2022) but in the expired part of the app. However they seem to have vanished completely now.

So I went ahead and completed the COVID Questionnaire tonight (didn't do it for Leeds)

I have my PDF ticket from the original e-mail and have saved that to my phone also.

I can only view the Google Pay ticket if I paste the URL from the Google Pay hyperlink (from the e-mail) into a web browser, so I took a screen the Google Pay ticket from the web browser and will use that.

If I open the Google Pay app, even under expired tickets it doesn't show. All my European game tickets do though and past flights etc.

Hope that helps someone else too and we don't all have to queue up at the ticket office to get this sorted.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Unless anyone is injured or Covid I expect the same starting line up.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Mullhull wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:03 pm So I went ahead and completed the COVID Questionnaire tonight (didn't do it for Leeds)
Think the Covid questionnaire they issued before the Leeds game was for all 3 matches: Leeds FAC, Norwich and Leeds PL. So if you didn't complete it before, that may be why your ticket vanished?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Beat Norwich then Leeds and hope Tottenham and Arsenal draw .

Carry On Up The League .
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Albie Beck wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:26 pm Think the Covid questionnaire they issued before the Leeds game was for all 3 matches: Leeds FAC, Norwich and Leeds PL. So if you didn't complete it before, that may be why your ticket vanished?
It was! Maybe you're right! But I have done it all now and I already had my COVID passport redone for the Leeds FA Cup game so it wouldn't have been a problem if I got checked.

That's why I mentioned it, hopefully some other people have forgotten to do it and that's all that was needed to get the tickets to show up! (Although mine aren't displaying properly)
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

I think they said something to the effect that the ticket would only be released if the Covid questionnaire had been submitted, so it was a pre-requisite for them sending the ticket to you.

Anyway, hopefully it's sorted now and you helped anyone else stumbling through this nonsense..
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1089 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I think we may see a bit of rotation personally.

Fornals to start and Antonio on the bench I reckon - with Bowen pushed up front.

Wouldn’t even be surprised to see Masuaku and Johnson as full backs if Coufal isn’t available and perhaps Nobes to play a part.

I know many don’t like ‘must win’ but we need to be on this from the start and make sure we are clinical in front of goal.

Won’t be a gimme by any stretch - we still need to turn up with the right mentality.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1484 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Hopefully Coufal is back tomorrow.
Last edited by paulhs1 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.