The Johnson Government 2019-2022

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Estuary
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-2024

Post by Estuary »

smuts wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:04 pm

Johnson, Symonds etc...all completely clueless.
Mind bogglingly so. The scale of the thing, 100 email invites, bring a bottle is one thing and shows a colossal lack of judgment by people who frankly should know better them being in the "getting elected" business, but the bluffing and soft denials show that they are aware of how badly this and its timing plays out to the country, which begs the question, why do it? What possible benefit does this gathering have for those involved? None I would argue, yet Johnson et al risk their careers for a glass of red and a vol-au-vent, I am staggered at the naivety of it all, truly staggered. Johnson has handed his Premiership to his rivals on plate. He has always been lacking in self control, but you'd think those around him at the level he has reached would stick an elbow in his ribs and pull him aside " A word PM! You need to f*** this behind closed doors lack of rule observance lark off now or it will come back and bury you".

He'll try and stonewall and bluff it out but I think he's done this time.
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1489 likes

Post by smuts »

Best wishes to you and your family Bonzo.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Estuary wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:15 pm Mind bogglingly so. The scale of the thing, 100 email invites, bring a bottle is one thing and shows a colossal lack of judgment by people who frankly should know better them being in the "getting elected" business, but the bluffing and soft denials show that they are aware of how badly this and its timing plays out to the country, which begs the question, why do it? What possible benefit does this gathering have for those involved? None I would argue, yet Johnson et al risk their careers for a glass of red and a vol-au-vent, I am staggered at the naivety of it all, truly staggered. Johnson has handed his Premiership to his rivals on plate. He has always been lacking in self control, but you'd think those around him at the level he has reached would stick an elbow in his ribs and pull him aside " A word PM! You need to **** this behind closed doors lack of rule observance lark off now or it will come back and bury you".

He'll try and stonewall and bluff it out but I think he's done this time.
You'd think his missus would say "don't be daft...can you imagine if this gets out?"

Unless it was her idea :think:
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Maybe that's why she was known as Princess Nut Nuts.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

Perhaps it also explains the 'smirking' that various Cabinet Ministers kept doing over the last two years...
Samba

Post by Samba »

bonzosbeard wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:52 pm My mum went to hospital two weeks ago today. I visited her and was the only family member allowed to visit her.

Then visits were cancelled before new years eve.

Sunday just gone we were told my mum is having seizures and told to expect the worst. Mum is a fighter and hanging on.

My brothers and myself still cannot visit.

I'm sure Boris can find something funny out of his parties but I don't.
Everything crossed for you dear mum, bonzo. :newthumb:
Take your temperature, do a quick lft, double masked & visored-up, I'd let you & your bros in.
I suppose they'd say they haven't got the staff or time, to accommodate that, so a 'blanket rule' must apply.
However, the NHS (Govt) don't seem to realise what they are putting people & have put people, through.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Estuary wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:15 pmHe'll try and stonewall and bluff it out but I think he's done this time.
Totally agree, Estuary.
I'm wondering if the only reason why he's still there now is, he's possibly still more electable than anyone who could replace him.
It's clearly not only Labour with leadership issues.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Tenbury wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm Maybe that's why she was known as Princess Nut Nuts.
Poor Nut Nut, not long left with her gold-plated wallpaper..
smuts

Post by smuts »

I get the feeling this might be one Johnson faux pas too far.

Starmer is back from Covid I think tomorrow for PMQ's...Johnson probably prefer facing him than a raging Rayner.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 308 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

smuts wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:43 pm a raging Rayner.
That's got to be a euphemism.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Samba wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm Everything crossed for you dear mum, bonzo. :newthumb:
Take your temperature, do a quick lft, double masked & visored-up, I'd let you & your bros in.
I suppose they'd say they haven't got the staff or time, to accommodate that, so a 'blanket rule' must apply.
However, the NHS (Govt) don't seem to realise what they are putting people & have put people, through.
Thanks again. We have been told that in the event of another turn for the worse, which happened already once, that they will work with us for a plan on who may visit in final hours. I imagine that will be myself and brothers. They have been very understanding at the hospital.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

Samba wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:34 pm Totally agree, Estuary.
I'm wondering if the only reason why he's still there now is, he's possibly still more electable than anyone who could replace him.
It's clearly not only Labour with leadership issues.
Weird as it sounds, I reckon someone like Dominic Raab could be more electable now. Yes, he's bland, boring and not exactly a Brain of Britain contender, but he could be a John Major-esque "safe pair of hands".

He showed while Boris was self-isolating that he could run a Cabinet meeting properly, I don't think he has been implicated in the garden/Christmas party scandals, and he could appeal to the Tory faithful as well as anyone.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1971 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

And still Michelle Mone is trying to bluff out recommending her own company to the "VIP Lane" for a 200 million PPE contract.

Future generations will study these last couple of years in school history lessons and be bewildered that the kuntholes were allowed to laugh at us for so long.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Raab has too much to do checking his freezers in his lock up garages* :wink:

*courtesy of Marina Hyde
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

sendô wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:00 pm Laughing and joking and partying and lying whilst people up and down the country were not allow to see dying relatives or attend their funerals.

If this does not bring down this corrupt government then our system is truly lost.
That's about the truth of it, although to be fair the same restrictions on seeing dying relatives and attending funerals also applied to them and there's no evidence that they broke those rules.
There's been so many parties I'm struggling to keep up with what party had happened when what rules were in place, regardless of that if you're a Labourist then this must be a glorious shambles, if you're a Tory it must be an embarrassing one.
I think this is one too many for BJ, even if they/he comes up with some squirming cop out it will not excuse it.

Best wishes to bonzo from the delbert house......
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

One things for sure, expect a new variant in the coming days.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 334 likes
Total likes: 708 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

bonzosbeard wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:52 pm My mum went to hospital two weeks ago today. I visited her and was the only family member allowed to visit her.

Then visits were cancelled before new years eve.

Sunday just gone we were told my mum is having seizures and told to expect the worst. Mum is a fighter and hanging on.

My brothers and myself still cannot visit.

I'm sure Boris can find something funny out of his parties but I don't.
Sorry to hear that mate, that must be horrible.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2677 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Another one wishing your Mum better , Bonzo - all the very best to you and your Family , mate . :newthumb:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2677 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Apparently the Welsh word ' Cwtch ' was used for the first time in the UK Parliament -

Not the C-Word I'd have used if I'd been questioning Boris .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59957245
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Boris will probably test positive tomorrow morning.