January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3177 likes
Total likes: 2316 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:13 pm £200k a week for Jesse Lingard.

Don’t be silly.

There’s literally only one player who would be close to worth that for us.
And sadly Carlton isn't coming out of retirement any time soon. :cried:
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Things that seem to have come from Ex's podcast (I have seen on Twitter):

- Zouma fully recovered and would have been in the squad for Norwich if not for Covid
- Moyes keeps transfers between him and Newman, apparently.
- We want a CB, LB and a ST
- Ideally a left footed CB, Kelly top target but expensive and we might wait till summer, also may be dependent on Bournemouth's promotion.
- Moyes wants Tarkowski and we put in a small bid to test the waters. No rush cos his contract runs out in the summer
- Ex thinks we'll sign a centre back by the end of the window, but probably late on
- Badiashile (expensive) and a loan for Diallo both options.
- LBs: Still scouting Josh Doig, may have an interest in Hickey, , maybe Bernd Sosa but nothing concrete.
- Villa signing Digne, lost interest after his wage demands became apparent.
- No forward deals close.

As ever, the points about validity or personal opinions of him not particularly needed, take the snippets however you please and discuss transfers :grin:
The_Dead_Ball
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by The_Dead_Ball »

upton o'good wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:04 pm "Here fishy, fishy"...comes to mind. Cant get the hammers to up their bid...leak Spurs interest.
All papertalk

Only other European clubs can speak to a player in his last 6 months of a contract
Last edited by The_Dead_Ball on Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

"- Moyes keeps transfers between him and Newman, apparently."

And obviously Ex,

"- We want a CB, LB and a ST"
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

norse wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:58 pm "- Moyes keeps transfers between him and Newman, apparently."

And obviously Ex,

"- We want a CB, LB and a ST"
Well the fact we want a CB, LB and ST is fairly obvious to anyone with a few brain cells. It's quite hilarious that Ex has clearly been frozen out (he was once well connected) but is still scrounging a living off it, asking people to pay money for his "scoops" on Patreon which end up widely reported anyway.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

Yeah I know, it was meant as a joke as this kills his business:
"- Moyes keeps transfers between him and Newman, apparently."

I'm not digging Ex out for finding a way to make money. Nor am I digging his audience out as I expect the average age to be quite low
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Scratchy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:03 pm Well the fact we want a CB, LB and ST is fairly obvious to anyone with a few brain cells. It's quite hilarious that Ex has clearly been frozen out (he was once well connected) but is still scrounging a living off it, asking people to pay money for his "scoops" on Patreon which end up widely reported anyway.
One of my favourite things about the Moyes era is how he systematically stopped the leaks.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Aaron Hickey is the one I want. Borna Sosa is a really exciting player too, and I think would fit us well.

But it's Hickey that makes so much sense, and would be perfect. Surely Moyes, as a Scotsman who needs a LB, is well on top of this!
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

I’ve just listened to Conte’s press conference about signing players this window, I have literally no idea what he’s going on about
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

With Zouma on his way back, ahead of schedule, I think we can safely assume, this will mean there will be no moves for a new central defender in this window
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Wilko1304 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 pm
As ever, the points about validity or personal opinions of him not particularly needed, take the snippets however you please and discuss transfers :grin:
He has posters of chalks on his bedroom wall.
Marvin Humphrey
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Marvin Humphrey »

Puff Daddy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:18 pm With Zouma on his way back, ahead of schedule, I think we can safely assume, this will mean there will be no moves for a new central defender in this window
Hate to be pessimistic, but I've been a fan long enough ... Phil Jones on loan it is :crylol:
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Post by Wilko1304 »

Marvin Humphrey wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 pm Hate to be pessimistic, but I've been a fan long enough ... Phil Jones on loan it is :crylol:
I'm already bracing for the February 1st Zouma injury recurrence. It's what we do.
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 613 likes

Post by NedN »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:13 pm Aaron Hickey is the one I want. Borna Sosa is a really exciting player too, and I think would fit us well.

But it's Hickey that makes so much sense, and would be perfect. Surely Moyes, as a Scotsman who needs a LB, is well on top of this!
Hickey would be a great understudy for Cress. As Longelo develops we would have Hickey and Longelo as our options at LB long-term. Hickey can also cover CDM, RB, and LM, so he's got some versatility. He's also still young and won't be older than Digne for at least 3 years.
Wilko1304

Post by Wilko1304 »

Not that I should clog this up with signings from elsewhere, but I'm amazed Burnley are letting Newcastle buy Chris Wood.

They're either very smart or they're giving up.

Whilst I'm here, Everton seem to be trying to get El Ghazi, separate to the Digne deal. £15m, apparently. Mad money for middling players, it must be Everton!
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

So, we’ve gone from a club who has signed Spurs rejects, to now seeing Spurs (allegedly) trying to sign ex West Ham players? We really are massive! :wink:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Really strange from Burnley. Unless the deal is ridiculous, but even then selling your best striker to relegation rivals is just bizarre.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:57 pm David Moyes in today’s press conference:

"We'd like to add to our squad if we can and if we can find players who we think are suitable, we could do with some backup if we can get it.
"There's never any guarantee in January the right players are gettable, but we're certainly looking around."

"We could probably do with some more cover because of Angelo Ogbonna's season-long injury. If I can get Kurt back that eases the pressure, but we're always looking to strengthen and find players who can help us. The sooner we can get Kurt back, the better."

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/20 ... conference

Interesting that he uses the words ‘backup’ and ‘cover’.
Subtle difference in the Football London version

" if we can find players who we think are more suitable we could do with some more back up if we can"
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Wilko1304 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:41 pm Not that I should clog this up with signings from elsewhere, but I'm amazed Burnley are letting Newcastle buy Chris Wood.
I posted the same, but apparently it's a release clause.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

So it looks like Newcastle are actually going after sensible signings as apposed to ridiculous signings…interesting, I also noted that Howe said they weren’t entertaining release clauses on any signing, I’m changing my view about them going down this season