The Johnson Government 2019-2022

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Nels
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-2024

Post by Nels »

Hancock has gone down that route, sweepstake on how many by 11.30am tomorrow.. ...
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

djclipz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:20 pm Boris will probably test positive tomorrow morning.
Be the first positive thing he's done in ages...
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Sorry to hear your news Bonzo. Got everything crossed.
WestcliffHammer
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by WestcliffHammer »

I don't know why anyone is surprised Boris Johnson lied he has a long history of lying he will just sit there tomorrow shake hes head utter some undeciphable nonsense and throw the bloke who send the email out under the bus he'll probably try to deny it and will hide under the cover of this 'Investigation' which we all know this Sue Grey will cover it all up. What i find completely incredulous is there's armed guards outside Downing Street you need to sign in and out so there's a record of who attended and who with and what time they left so it would be quite easy to prove who and when was at the party af the times alleged. It wouldn't surprise me if he'll test positive for Covid.
The man is a complete and utter coward like 99% of the party theyre very big and brave putting the disabled, elderly and unemployed into abject poverty making their lives an absolute misery while lining their pockets and their rich mates with dodgy PPE contracts they have no interest in 'Levelling Up' 'Building Back Better' they have absolute no interest in any of these things it its just empty slogans and bluster and the vast majority of the UK fall for this hook line and sinker.
If you have any moral compass at all you cannot tick the Tory box they are laughing at you Boris Johnson was laughing during the interview shown today they've been laughing at all of us all through the Pandemic. Hes deliberately misled Parliament broken the Ministers code he hasn't gone back to correct the record and as a result he needs to resign its the utter contempt he has shown for us as he's employers which we are as the electorate and for Parliamentary Procedure I hope all who have voted for him are happy for the car crash Prime Minister he have
666 hammer
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by 666 hammer »

I think you forget the choices at the last election. The next one won't be the same.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

This was drinks in the 10 Downing Street garden wasn't it ? Well, he is the Heinneken Prime Minister after all
RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv »

As we all know, elections are not won by dyed in the wool party loyalties its swing voters in swing seats.

How people vote in those seats is generally governed by how well they are doing. That's what will count before the next election, which if inflation and fuel prices together with increased tax, will not bode well. The other factor is who are Labour and the Libdems putting up. Starmer is certainly no Corbyn which helps, but the shaddow cabinet are just a weak as the actual cabinet.

No amount of grieving relatives being interviewed is going to change people's views when compared to self interest.

In short not many people vote on moral and ethical principles
simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by simon hammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 pm Apparently the Welsh word ' Cwtch ' was used for the first time in the UK Parliament -

Not the C-Word I'd have used if I'd been questioning Boris .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59957245
Cue a whole raft of politicians desperately trying to use words in Parliament for the first time so they can boast about it on social media afterwards.

Sorry for the cynicism.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1780 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

RichieRiv wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:04 am

No amount of grieving relatives being interviewed is going to change people's views when compared to self interest.

In short not many people vote on moral and ethical principles

You are nothing if not honest , Rich . :newthumb:

This is so obviously an inside job - the Tories want Boris out , he's served his purpose but has now become an embarrassment .
southbrishammer
Has liked: 117 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

PMQs will be interesting for once today.

My money is on Boris not saying "sorry everyone, I resign".
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1780 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

simon hammer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:47 am Cue a whole raft of politicians desperately trying to use words in Parliament for the first time so they can boast about it on social media afterwards.

Sorry for the cynicism.

No need for any apologies , I don't even know what ' Cwtch ' means and Welsh is my first language . :grin:

Pretty sure BoJo could come up with a few .
RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv »

I should've added that I think that after 12 years of a Tory government (ok the first 5 years were a coalition) we are probably due a change. History has taught us that parties that govern over a decade start to fall apart.

They get too comfortable, too arrogant and too complacent.

Plus why wouldn't you want to hand over a post covid, high inflation, debt ridden, fuel crisis to Labour to sort out? Make it their problem.
Last edited by RichieRiv on Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

PMQ's are going to be like a Two Ronnie's sketch today.

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

southbrishammer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:00 am PMQs will be interesting for once today.

My money is on Boris not saying "sorry everyone, I resign".
The worst bit about any response from Johnson today is going to be the inevitable line of "we're sorry to anyone who has taken offence at these latest allegations".

That's right you bunch of lowly peasants, it's your fault here for being offended by your betters for acting like c****.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

:alien: I hope he goes today, if only to stop people digging up their covid memories on the radio. I'm not talking about people who had genuine tragedy, just the pious narcissists who seem super-keen to tell everyone how they followed ALL the rules, ALL the time, zzzz...

Boris is a dead duck, he's an embarrassing incompetent and we deserve better. If he had any honour he'd resign today.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

For me its a lot about respectability

I dont really want a tory government but accept that we have one.

May you could respect at least you could see that she had her beliefs and stuck to them

Cameroon whilst sodding up brexit he seemed as a MP a respectable (in office not uni rubbish) person

Major always conducted himself well publically

but boris? the bloke is nothing but a tool. infact he cant be a tool because he isnt useful in the slightest.

Gove, Raab. Hunt, Sunak.. at least you could put any of them in the top seat and respect them a bit..

I mean I look at my local MPs around.. Lopez of upminster seems a very respectable and capable MP.. on the otherhand rossendale? idiot of the highest order.. how is he allowed to be in office?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

mumbles87 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:39 am For me its a lot about respectability

I dont really want a tory government but accept that we have one.

May you could respect at least you could see that she had her beliefs and stuck to them

Cameroon whilst sodding up brexit he seemed as a MP a respectable (in office not uni rubbish) person

Major always conducted himself well publically

but boris? the bloke is nothing but a tool. infact he cant be a tool because he isnt useful in the slightest.

Gove, Raab. Hunt, Sunak.. at least you could put any of them in the top seat and respect them a bit..

I mean I look at my local MPs around.. Lopez of upminster seems a very respectable and capable MP.. on the otherhand rossendale? idiot of the highest order.. how is he allowed to be in office?
Please not Gove, but I'm sure he'll throw his hat in the ring
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1972 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Politics is a lot like life, it's ****ed up by the people that are only in it for themselves.

#tritebuttrue
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Most interesting aspect of PMQ today will be how the Conservatives manage to castigate Johnson for credibility's sake whilst not giving any ground to the opposition. There's so much riding on this.

(trouble is I'm in a poxy meeting when it starts)
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:46 am Politics is a lot like life, it's ****ed up by the people that are only in it for themselves.

#tritebuttrue
That's it, in a nutshell. This is the real issue and the issue at the very seat of Goverment for the people by the people. Its flawed, utterly and completely. The problem with capitalism is, although workers produce things for the market, market forces, not workers control things. People are required to work for capitalists who have full control the means of production