The Johnson Government 2019-2022

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-2024

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 564 likes
Total likes: 921 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:10 pm Can we do a straw poll here? Just imagine if you will, you a Conservative MP and there you are sweating your arse off in a hot, stuffy office and then you receive a very tempting offer to attend a drinking session in the open air later on that day. Dy'u mean to tell me, you wouldn't have found this rather a tempting ? Even, too good an opportunity to turn it down. I think I mightve thought: Oh **** it, b*llocks, why not, nobody's ever gonna know. That, I guess, is what all those who attended all thought too
Tempting yes, but I'd then remember the laws & rules I'd just helped frame and bring into law were to protect everyone in the middle of a public health emergency that had already killed tens of thousands of my countrymen. And that since I'm at the heart of government I should strive to set a perfect example otherwise the important health message gets weakened and more than necessary die.

And I'd likely know of the mounting numbers of fixed penalty fines that were being dished out by the police for breaking these rules and think it best not to put myself, as a government minister, in any kind of jeopardy for this.

I'd likely have remembered my constituents were unable to go to a party either, or visit elderly relatives, or comfort dying family members and were cancelling weddings, birthdays, christenings and every other celebration so it would be highly questionable if I attended a boozy garden party even if the Prime Minister was there.

And even if it was clear there was no such ethical leadership from the top and tempting to say 'well, the boss isn’t concerned about the rules why should we be' I'd think some common sense and decency would prevent me from going partying.
Oh **** it, b*llocks, why not, nobody's ever gonna know.
That's the problem in the nutshell, this kind of smirking arrogance that the rules are for the little people not people like us, is a culture that is led and maintained by the smirking lying twat at the top.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Labour's Toby Perkins says there will always be prime ministers "we disagree with" but says that there has never been one that "debased his office in the way this one has".

He notes the PM was sacked from two previous jobs for lying - and asks why "the great office" of prime minister should be held to a lower standard.

spot on
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by old fart »

:clap: what worries me is that we have a PM who cant tell the differrence between a work event & a garden party

He could struggle if the russians launch a nuclear strike he might think its a firework display
WestcliffHammer
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by WestcliffHammer »

Downing Street would be absolutely covered in CCTV as shown with the Hancock situation the whole sordid mess could be resolved pretty quickly. The worrying thing is its evidently and plainly obvious he is hiding behind this enquiry because he damn well knows he will be absolved from this or at absolute minimum he will get away with it on a technicality
Oldun
Has liked: 172 likes
Total likes: 563 likes

Post by Oldun »

The only thing that useless lying bung taking **** is sorry about is being caught out.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

He basically called himself Captain Hindsight.

Oh, the irony.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

"I thought it was a work event".

Now he's not just lying to the electorate, he's actually treating us all as if we're stupid enough to believe this b*llocks.

At least have the stones to own up.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

WestcliffHammer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:22 pm I don't know why anyone is surprised Boris Johnson lied he has a long history of lying he will just sit there tomorrow shake hes head utter some undeciphable nonsense and throw the bloke who send the email out under the bus he'll probably try to deny it and will hide under the cover of this 'Investigation' which we all know this Sue Grey will cover it all up. What i find completely incredulous is there's armed guards outside Downing Street you need to sign in and out so there's a record of who attended and who with and what time they left so it would be quite easy to prove who and when was at the party af the times alleged. It wouldn't surprise me if he'll test positive for Covid.
The man is a complete and utter coward like 99% of the party theyre very big and brave putting the disabled, elderly and unemployed into abject poverty making their lives an absolute misery while lining their pockets and their rich mates with dodgy PPE contracts they have no interest in 'Levelling Up' 'Building Back Better' they have absolute no interest in any of these things it its just empty slogans and bluster and the vast majority of the UK fall for this hook line and sinker.
If you have any moral compass at all you cannot tick the Tory box they are laughing at you Boris Johnson was laughing during the interview shown today they've been laughing at all of us all through the Pandemic. Hes deliberately misled Parliament broken the Ministers code he hasn't gone back to correct the record and as a result he needs to resign its the utter contempt he has shown for us as he's employers which we are as the electorate and for Parliamentary Procedure I hope all who have voted for him are happy for the car crash Prime Minister he have
That's a pretty good "Boris Grrrr" and given the current circumstances I think we needed that. :newthumb:

As for the bold bit, plenty voted for him simply because he was the only one promising to get us out of the EU. Despite someone in China coughing he's done that, some will rightly feel betrayed by his behaviour but for some he's served his purpose and I suspect those that feel that way didn't really expect much better from him anyway.....
Estuary
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Estuary »

delbert wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:28 pm That's a pretty good "Boris Grrrr" and given the current circumstances I think we needed that. :newthumb:

As for the bold bit, plenty voted for him simply because he was the only one promising to get us out of the EU. Despite someone in China coughing he's done that, some will rightly feel betrayed by his behaviour but for some he's served his purpose and I suspect those that feel that way didn't really expect much better from him anyway.....
Pretty much. The only issue I have is that the hand guiding the dagger is Cummings, and whilst I want a PM who has honesty and personal integrity on his radar, I don't what that Machiavellian "C u next Tuesday" anywhere near the levers of legislative power again.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Estuary wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:54 pm Pretty much. The only issue I have is that the hand guiding the dagger is Cummings, and whilst I want a PM who has honesty and personal integrity on his radar, I don't what that Machiavellian "C u next Tuesday" anywhere near the levers of legislative power again.
Not sure why some of the chaps down at Millbank can't help out. Nice trip to Hadrian's Wall, right time of the year as the weather can change in a heartbeat, icy roads etc.

But it just goes to show, where loyalty gets you. He should have just offed him when he was in the wrong and before he could fill a dossier with dirt.
Last edited by RichieRiv on Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estuary
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Estuary »

RichieRiv wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:00 pm Not sure why some of the chaps down at Millbank can't help out. Nice trip to Hadrian's Wall, right time of the year as the weather can change in a heartbeat, icy roads etc.

But it just goes to show, where loyalty gets you. He should have offed him when he was in the wrong and before this dossier could fill a dossier with dirt.
Yep, in tune with the the old adage he needed Cummings inside the tent pissing out.
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by old fart »

But you all really knew that, pleaae dont act so surprised
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

old fart wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:19 pm But you all really knew that, pleaae dont act so surprised
Alas, it's going to take some time to acquire your levels of wisdom. I suspect you have forgotten more than I will ever know.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

sendô wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:42 pm "I thought it was a work event".

Now he's not just lying to the electorate, he's actually treating us all as if we're stupid enough to believe this b*llocks.

At least have the stones to own up.
Yep, this is the **** that gets me. This comment below is towing the same line.. Taken from the BBC's live news feed. In particular the bit in red.

-----
PM did not see drinks invitation email - Downing Street
The prime minister did not see or receive the email inviting staff to "socially distanced drinks" on 20 May 2020, his press secretary has told reporters - nor did he tell him to send it.

But when asked whether Johnson's then-fiancee Carrie Symonds attended the event, whether he noticed food and drink there or if he brought a bottle to it himself, Downing Street did not say.

The press secretary said questions like these "remain for the independent review to look at and determine" - and that the prime minister would accept its findings. It is being carried out by senior civil servant Sue Gray.

Disciplinary action would be taken against individuals "if wrongdoing is established", the press secretary said, but refused to say whether the PM would resign if he was found to have broken the rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59958872

-------

I mean f*** off, just take some responsibility. This trait, I hate to say it, I see all too often these days and not just with this government, in general. However, this guy is really taking the biscuit.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

If the man says he didn't know it was a party then we should take his word for it.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

If we're to believe Johnson then we have to believe....

- His PPS arranges social events which break the law without his knowledge.
- These events often happen in Johnson's house.
- Johnson has walked into these events on more than one occasion, stayed for nearly half an hour but not realised they are parties.
- His wife is privy to all of this information and also thought nothing was odd.
- An invite for one of these events was sent to 100 people he works with closely and not one of them mentioned it to him at any stage in the last 19 months.

So either the people have elected a moron (married to another moron) who is so unpopular that people will have parties in his own house and not invite him or they've elected a liar.

I may have been guilty of this myself but I never want to hear another English person calling Americans that voted for Trump or Biden thick! We've got our own issues to clean up apparently.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

RichieRiv wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:00 pm But it just goes to show, where loyalty gets you. He should have just offed him when he was in the wrong and before he could fill a dossier with dirt.
As an integral part of the Downing Street operation he had plenty of dirt on the liar already. It was his work-place and if he was anything it was a control freak and a man knowledgeable about what was going on in that building. If he didn't get an invite to the BYOB party he would have known about something that 100 others had been invited to. The timeline below looks more than just a coincidence when we know Johnson didn't sack Cummings despite the country knowing he was lying to all of us and taking us for fools ...

Late March 2020 - Cummings goes to Barnard Castle to check his eyesight.
May 20th - Johnson attends the BYOB party that this party-boy of all party boys now says he didn't even recognise was a party.
May 22nd - Mirror and Guardian publish story of Cummings trip to Barnatd Castle
May 25th - Cummings faces the press in the rose garden, comes out with a load of old b*llocks but does not get sacked by his boss.

Johnson is not known for his loyalty to anyone whether that be his women, his kids (some of whom he won't even acknowledge the existence of so how can he be loyal to even them, his flesh and blood?), his advisers or anyone other than himself.

So him not sacking Cummings wasn't due to a quality that is non-existent in him. Bit, he would have known better than anyone how ****ing mad, volatile and vindictive Cummings was and that Cummings was a kind of man who would want revenge. So how could he tell Cummings to tell the truth about his visit to Durham let alone sack him? Cummings would have just turned around, laughed and said "hang on minute, I'll bring another chair out and you can come outside with me and tell them about the party you were part of here last week. We can resign together. Up for it?"
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm If we're to believe Johnson ...
Stop right there DDA.

Bonzo - all the best to your mum and you and yours buddy.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm
So either the people have elected a moron (married to another moron) who is so unpopular that people will have parties in his own house and not invite him
Actually, to be fair to Johnson, I can believe this.