✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by S-H »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:56 pm I don''t see how we can rage at Calum Wilson punching the ball in the net, and then be happy when Hernandez does it, if we have a shred of class or integrity.

And if Salah falling over with a vague gust of wind appals us, then we can't turn a blind eye when ours (incl Vlasic) do it.
Unless you're a massive hypocrite like me...

:)
Last edited by S-H on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I despise the diving and cheating. Not fir me .
Sport without integrity is a farce . Its going that way with the scum 6 and strange VAR decisions .

Hopefully notes has told him we don't do that here !
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I mean, we absolutely do. We have one of only a handful of players that have been retrospectively punished for diving turning out for us now.

There's a lot to be said for earning a foul, or at the very least showing that you have been fouled. In the game now, if you don't go down with some kind of theatrics the referee simply doesn't seem to look twice more often than not.

Sure, out and out diving would, ideally, not be a feature of a player we have or indeed the game itself. But if someone is getting fouled then yeah, there needs to be a bit of a show around the fact it has happened now. As long as it's not too histrionic, I don't see the problem with that.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2697 likes

Post by sendô »

There's world of difference between diving and drawing a foul.

Getting between the ball and the opposition player and waiting for him to kick you in the ankles is something even I learnt as a kid. It's a part of the game, and always has been.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

He dives when he has not been touched. It's called cheating.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Rich coming from the Harry Kane fan club.

When, by the way, by your own admission he barely plays.

Last two games he was choke slammed, taken down from behind, and the Leeds one was soft but I think he slipped rather than dived.
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

I think he is a head-down, powerful runner. When you're running like that, any touch, even from your own trailing foot, can send you sprawling.

I don't remember him waving his arms around and making a meal after having gone down?

Coufal made a meal of a fairly innocuous body check in the second half - is he a filthy Ronaldo diving Gareth Bale Mo Salah **** too?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2697 likes

Post by sendô »

RaddyKovac wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:17 pm I don't remember him waving his arms around and making a meal after having gone down?
Now now, we don't need any of that sound logic, thanks.
RaddyKovac

Post by RaddyKovac »

sendô wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:20 pm Now now, we don't need any of that sound logic, thanks.
My sincerest apologies. I neglected to mention that he is, of course, a diving ****...
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1067 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Vlasic is a very good player, you don't play for your country if you are not, and I rate Croatia as a very decent international side.

His figures are skewed a bit because of the shitty Russian league he played in however the club rate him, Moyes always saw him as a 'next year' player similar to Benny on the loose.

The club has high expectations for him, he works hard and created the first goal against Norwich and is slowly coming up to speed.
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 493 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

Am I the only one slightly bemused by this ‘Noble should have a word with him’ business?

Let’s be honest here, Noble is not exactly adverse to buying a free kick here and there. Especially when we’re under a bit of pressure.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Skandi Brudson wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:28 pm Let’s be honest here, Noble is not exactly adverse to buying a free kick here and there. Especially when we’re under a bit of pressure.
...and same with many many other players.

Antonio is a slightly different kettle of fish. He manages to make a genuine foul look like an over-dramatic dive. If he learnt to fall a bit more naturally, he'd win many more free kicks.
Mullhull
Has liked: 333 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:26 am He dives when he has not been touched. It's called cheating.
I agree he goes down easily, so does Antonio except Antonio doesn't have any grace when he falls over it always looks like he's gone over unconvincingly.

P.S Turtle is the new Troll
WCpete
Has liked: 1462 likes
Total likes: 3150 likes

Post by WCpete »

One little worry I have with Vlasic is how one footed he is. He always, always cuts back to his right before shooting or passing. He's not as bad as Yarmolenko and his left foot, but he is in that general vicinity. The more Nikola plays, the more he'll get sussed for it. He doesn't look as helpless as Yarmolenko when he uses his weaker foot so I hope he works on being a bit more balanced.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

WCpete wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:14 pm One little worry I have with Vlasic is how one footed he is. He always, always cuts back to his right before shooting or passing. He's not as bad as Yarmolenko and his left foot, but he is in that general vicinity. The more Nikola plays, the more he'll get sussed for it. He doesn't look as helpless as Yarmolenko when he uses his weaker foot so I hope he works on being a bit more balanced.
He did assist Yarmolenko in Europe with a left footed cross.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Improving every game, so doing something right
Good he has stepped up when benrahma left for the afcon.
Will benrahma get his place back in February ? Good we have options .
Need the same for LB CB and CF
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

Love a diver me. Blame the refs they’ll give f*** all if you stay up 👍🏼 Win at all costs thanks
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:26 am He dives when he has not been touched. It's called cheating.
He also got nothing for being grabbed by the head and thrown to the floor. Perhaps he was trying to make up for it.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Wish my wife went down as easily as Vlasic…
RaddyKovac

Post by RaddyKovac »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:21 am Wish my wife went down as easily as Vlasic…
Oh, she does mate.