January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by sendô »

Of the east end boys at the back for Villa, Konsa is the better player. Hause is the one that should have been sent off for the forearm smash on Fornals at their place.

Hes not going to be a long term replacement for Ogbonna I suspect, but a short term loan perhaps with an option would suit us for cover.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Great finish by Lloyd Kelly there.
alantaylorsleftfoot
Has liked: 177 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by alantaylorsleftfoot »

alantaylorsleftfoot wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:40 pm Lloyd Kelly is live on TV at the moment. Luton v Bournemouth at Kenilworth Road (proper football ground). He's definitely taller than 5'10"
He's just scored, pity it's the wrong end
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

:kumb:
alantaylorsleftfoot wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:40 pm Lloyd Kelly is live on TV at the moment. Luton v Bournemouth at Kenilworth Road (proper football ground). He's definitely taller than 5'10"
Just scored!!!!

For Luton :lol:
BusterKnutt
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by BusterKnutt »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:59 pm Traore up against some attackers from the clubs around Wolves in the table, I promise I just put in the first starters that jumped to mind.

He runs with the ball a lot and gets fouled a lot, that's all he offers. Probably wants £60k+ per week. There'll be a sprinter in UK athletics juniors programme we can get to do the same job for a 1/5th of the price.

I would say he is a case where the stats don't tell the whole story. Look at the videos - when he runs there are often 3-4 players chasing him, opening up room for others. He causes people to panic. You'll also see in some of the videos that he's often let down by poor finishing from his team mates.

Getting fouled a lot would probably also work in our favour given our threat from set pieces
Aaron-aldinho
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by Aaron-aldinho »

Traore would be a good option for us, he gets fouled alot and we benefit from set plays. Hes pace and power with Antonio and Bowen on the counter will cause any defence a problem.

Hes finishing and decision making might improve with confidence in our system under Moyes. When he was being mentioned for big money it was in a quick counter attacking Wolves team where he played at his best.

Antonios finishing with hes feet rather than his head and general decision making a few seasons ago wasnt too incomparable to Traores currently.
Last edited by Aaron-aldinho on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Hause is ****.

Not even close to being good enough for what we need.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

He’s been mentioned on here a few times before, but Adebayo looks like a good player - causing this Bournemouth defence loads of problems. He’s still quite raw but will be in the PL soon enough I’m sure.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1790 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

NWhammer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:21 pm ................
Traore in our system works, he gets you up the pitch and he commits players giving other players more space to play.
Traore's massive problem is that although what you say is true, those other players rarely get the chance to do anything because they don't get the ball. I know it's an overused phrase, but he really has no end product.
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:25 pm It's only two years ago that Traore scored 4 and for 10 assists in the league with another 2 goals and 5 assists coming in the Europa League.

His numbers dropped off heavily last season but they lost Jimenez and we're generally much poorer last season.

I think he could be decent for us, we're not blessed with pacey dribblers.
You’re acting like that season wasn’t the clear anomaly. His stats for every other Prem season are more similar to this and last. If Moyes wants him fine but i’m not going to pretend that he has good end product
alantaylorsleftfoot
Has liked: 177 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by alantaylorsleftfoot »

Aceface wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:16 pm You guys are weird.

Kortney Hause is not better than Diop. Diop is clearly the weakest of our CBs but he gets treated like Emmanuel Pogatetz sometimes, instead of a guy who’s been playing regularly during an excellent season for the club.

At best you could say Hause is more fitting for the next few months because he’s a leftie but do you really want to assign that spot to him long-term?
It's not down to what you or we believe, it is down to Moyes. He doesn't appear to rate Diop, as he is 4th choice and we appear to be constantly on the hunt for more centre backs.

We'll soon see if Moyes rates Hause or if it's paper talk.

Nevertheless, it is a strong possibility that Diop will be on his way over the next 18 months; either being sold or at the end of his contract. He is unlikely to become 1st Choice (can we agree on that?) and he is not going to renew his contract to stay on as 4th choice.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

I have identified the 2 forwards that I think will be perfect for us. Neither of them will be available this window though.

Armando Broja (I may have mentioned this a few times before :P )
Ismaila Sarr (will surely be available in the summer, especially if Watford are relegated)
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Think the theory that Traore’s air of chaos will bring attacking benefits to the team even if he doesn’t score himself is belied by Wolves being notoriously low scorers across the years he’s been there.

Even the related notion of profiting from set pieces after he’s fouled - in Neves they have a free-kick taker much better than any we have. If one of the best in the league isn’t racking up the goals from it I don’t know that we can expect to profit too much more either with Rice standing over the ball.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

Kludgehammer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:39 pm I gave up after 2½ minutes,
Traore’s highlights reel is a great watch - and he has torn us a couple of new arseholes - but it’s very telling that the action usually cuts just before he plays a pass.
I still sort of want him though. It’s almost a morbid fascination.
Last edited by spod on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

alantaylorsleftfoot wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:40 pm Lloyd Kelly is live on TV at the moment. He's definitely taller than 5'10"
Has he grown maybe?
I may contact Bournemouth’s press office and ask them to update their website.
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

If we sign Kortney Hause, will his nickname be "S**t* or "Bricksh*t"?
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

alantaylorsleftfoot wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:20 pm It's not down to what you or we believe, it is down to Moyes. He doesn't appear to rate Diop, as he is 4th choice and we appear to be constantly on the hunt for more centre backs.

We'll soon see if Moyes rates Hause or if it's paper talk.

Nevertheless, it is a strong possibility that Diop will be on his way over the next 18 months; either being sold or at the end of his contract. He is unlikely to become 1st Choice (can we agree on that?) and he is not going to renew his contract to stay on as 4th choice.
You’re right, Moyes clearly doesn’t rate him, he is 4th choice when everyone is fit and we should try to sell him. He’s still way better than Hause though but maybe Moyes just prefers Hause’s attributes. I think it might just be a easy link for the papers though as we need a CB and he was with us before
waynepin
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by waynepin »

seems Kral is getting wrote off already, I'd like to see him get a few games unlucky that Rice and Soucek play all the time, I also wonder whether playing with Zouma will get the best out of Diop he is still young for a centrehalf, was Dawson and other centrebacks all seeming to improve with age are we still to see the best of him, A centre forward and Ake would be a good window, Lingard I think we've done that and not sure it would be as good second time, plus the geordies will probably throw stupid money at him to go there.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Aceface wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:16 pm You guys are weird.

Kortney Hause is not better than Diop.?
Not even close.

I don't mind Diop at all, but I'll accept he's basically ok, compared to our other CB's. I don't understand finding a worse CB than him to add to the squad.
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

I wonder where Aaron Ramsey will end up? Surprised he's not been hoovered up by Newcastle all ready. He's just won the annual award in Italy for 'biggest flop', even though he was signed several years ago.