Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rays Rock »

666 hammer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:29 am That is your view. I think it is too early for Labour to celebrate. They have a lot to do to prove they can lead, rather than follow the guidance.
Labour have nothing of their own to celebrate.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

So here's where I am with the whole covid thing:

Things I am convinced about.
The vaccine offers good protection against covid, especially to those that are most at risk. I've never argued against that.
Pharmaceutical giants have far more power and influence than they should.
Not all people being labelled as conspiracy theorists are actually conspiracy theorists.
But still... there are many conspiracy theorists, as always, that are clear nutjobs.
Conspiracy theorists are targeted by sellers of quack products.
That certain cheaper alternative treatments have been at best ignored, at worst unfairly and quite intentionally discredited.
Hardly anybody can be completely trusted (on both sides of the fence).

Things I'm not convinced about.
That the vaccine is more effective than natural immunity gained from previous infection.
That the vaccine is necessary for everybody, even those with extremely minimal risk.
That Pfizers trial data can be trusted.

Things I'm open minded about (granularity of data isn't there to do a proper statistical analysis).
The vaccine may do more harm than good in people that have an extremely minimal risk from covid.
The vaccine may offer protection against covid but at the price of worsening the natural immune system and increasing all-cause mortality.

Things that are worrying me a little.
Greece fining people that haven't been vaccinated.
Canada issuing a health tax to those unvaccinated.
Sweden working on embedded microchips.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I am a life long Labour voter, from a family of life long Labour voters, but their reaponse to Covid has been nothing short of shambolic IMHO
666 hammer
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by 666 hammer »

That is what I hear. I am glad I live in England and not Wales.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

The fault doesn't lay with Labour, the Tories or even the Dagenham Girl Pipers it lays exclusively with China and their shithouse government.
We keep forgetting that......
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

666 hammer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:48 pm That is what I hear. I am glad I live in England and not Wales.
I live in Wales and I dobt believe the problems we've had with Covid lies with Labour per se. It's more more desperation to show we are a separate nation by changing the english rules seemingly for the sake of it.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

delbert wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:31 pm The fault doesn't lay with Labour, the Tories or even the Dagenham Girl Pipers it lays exclusively with China and their shithouse government.
That is definitely true
Unfortunately no one is going to do anything about it and just let them crack on until it happens again

The amount of money they are raking in from Covid related paraphernalia takes the piss
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Denbighammer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:37 pm I live in Wales and I dobt believe the problems we've had with Covid lies with Labour per se. It's more more desperation to show we are a separate nation by changing the english rules seemingly for the sake of it.
:thup:
Playing politics with covid has screwed up the USA and Australia wrt covid policy..
You'd like to think nations/states would learn from one another's mistakes,but obviously..
666 hammer

Post by 666 hammer »

delbert wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:31 pm The fault doesn't lay with Labour, the Tories or even the Dagenham Girl Pipers it lays exclusively with China and their shithouse government.
True. But it was our Government that acted like mugs and followed a dictatorship into locking down, then bought PPE and tests from China. Not to mention all the tech required for lockdown and working from home.
We used to be World leaders in tech, science, engineering, democracy. We now look else where for guidance due to spineless leadership. China even bought the WHO (not the rock group).
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

666 hammer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:22 pm True. But it was our Government that acted like mugs and followed a dictatorship into locking down, then bought PPE and tests from China. Not to mention all the tech required for lockdown and working from home.
We used to be World leaders in tech, science, engineering, democracy. We now look else where for guidance due to spineless leadership. China even bought the WHO (not the rock group).
I remember thinking at the beginning of the first lockdown in the uk when there was the fiasco about trying to get ppe from China or Turkey or wherever, are you seriously saying we can't even make our own ppe in the UK
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

BBC and positivity. Whatever next.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59970281
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:51 pm I am a life long Labour voter, from a family of life long Labour voters, but their reaponse to Covid has been nothing short of shambolic IMHO
We were hit with an unprecedented disease that no-one knew how to combat.
You seriously think Party Politics should have been part of the response?
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I miss George Galloway. The legit left used to challenge this bull****.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:33 pm BBC and positivity. Whatever next.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59970281
"Who hasn't let out an exasperated "Is the pandemic finished yet?" or a "When can I just get on with my life?" over the past two years? I know I have."

no you haven't, you've been unquestioningly stoking every bit of apocalyptic SAGE fueled hysteria and orwellian shaming of rule breakers that the government tells you to while getting sloshed in cabinet offices.
666 hammer

Post by 666 hammer »

Rocketron wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:53 pm We were hit with an unprecedented disease that no-one knew how to combat.
You seriously think Party Politics should have been part of the response?
Yes I do. Questions should have been asked. Instead they chose to hide behind the 'science'. Using it to install more cycle lanes, LTNs.
The short term gain from fines has been seen as much needed revenue from small minded councils, whilst long term the economic damage is horrendous.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Morocco Mole wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:09 am I miss George Galloway. The legit left used to challenge this bull****.
He’s a ****. A complete and utter ****.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:27 am "Who hasn't let out an exasperated "Is the pandemic finished yet?" or a "When can I just get on with my life?" over the past two years? I know I have."

no you haven't, you've been unquestioningly stoking every bit of apocalyptic SAGE fueled hysteria and orwellian shaming of rule breakers that the government tells you to while getting sloshed in cabinet offices.
The BBC. The voice of the people.

Absolute c***** who have stoked the fires of fear. The quicker they are defunded the better.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:47 am The BBC. The voice of the people.

Absolute c***** who have stoked the fires of fear. The quicker they are defunded the better.
I know I shouldn't, it's pointless against such rabid opinion, but I can't resist..sorry.

The BBC ain't perfect, far from, but it's as close to an independent News broadcaster as we're ever likely to get and to lose it out of some imagined political bias would be at best 'folly' and at worst, dangerous.

And relax..............................
666 hammer

Post by 666 hammer »

Come on. It is not impartial or neutral. From Israel, Brexit, covid-19 to name a few subjects it shows bias.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

666 hammer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:47 am Come on. It is not impartial or neutral. From Israel, Brexit, covid-19 to name a few subjects it shows bias.
Or you just don't like the truth sometimes?