Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Diogenes »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:33 am For me, this summer will tell us everything about Dec's future and our club as a whole.

I feel this is his watershed moment.

He has the opportunity to stay with us, become club captain and legend, moulding a team around him and having a big say in our future.

It will mean the club making him the highest paid player and captain, and matching his talent with the very best in the transfer market.

Or the club choosing this point to cash in and cement another period of our history as 'what could have been'.
Remember the World Cup is this year, which puts a slightly different perspective on his decision making. Is this year the time to take a chance on your future? He really doesnt have to this year.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Individually the best player on the pitch - different gravy - but if he’s going to play like that someone’s got to sit and that’s not Lanzini’s game.

We’ve got two centre halves incapable of passing through a press and no holding midfielder in front of them to either protect them or come get the ball off them. Madness. No structure at all. Peak Pellegrini.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2358 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

He was insanely good today.
Head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:53 pm He was insanely good today.
Head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch
Agree, but to me it just makes it more certain that he will leave us in the summer.
As a club we just haven’t got it in us financially to make that next step to be top six on a regular basis.
Can’t blame him for wanting win medals/trophies.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 967 likes
Total likes: 946 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:10 pm Agree, but to me it just makes it more certain that he will leave us in the summer.
As a club we just haven’t got it in us financially to make that next step to be top six on a regular basis.
Can’t blame him for wanting win medals/trophies.
I’d say we have as low as 5% chance of him being here next year. In a different stratosphere to any of his team mates.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

Sensational today in every facet of the game but I am starting to feel that a brilliant Rice performance does not necessarily make a great West Ham one. We were so easy to play through. A player with more experience would have perhaps realised that and rather than try to do everything, sat in, steadied the ship and trusted in his team mates more.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Lovejoy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:17 pm I’d say we have as low as 5% chance of him being here next year. In a different stratosphere to any of his team mates.
Still requires someone to bid £150 million, I don't think anyone with that sort of financial muscle needs him yet.
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

Have been a hammers fan since 1968 and in that time I have seen quite a few class players but I am starting to think that Rice is probably the best player in his position...the only one who could come near him was when Billy played the swashbuckling midfielder but even he couldn't do it every game whereas Rice does.I can't think of any other player or has my memory glossed over a little as well as my eyes.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:52 pm Still requires someone to bid £150 million, I don't think anyone with that sort of financial muscle needs him yet.
I would bet my mortgage on him leaving in the summer for under £100 million.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1039 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I bet you rent
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Morocco Mole wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:44 pm Individually the best player on the pitch - different gravy - but if he’s going to play like that someone’s got to sit and that’s not Lanzini’s game.

We’ve got two centre halves incapable of passing through a press and no holding midfielder in front of them to either protect them or come get the ball off them. Madness. No structure at all. Peak Pellegrini.
Sometimes the best 11 players don't make for the best team.

Honestly would have taken Lanzini off for Kral at half-time and given Declan the freedom to drive forward more without exposing us. As good as Rice was, the fact Leeds played through us at will for most of the match showed that it was sometimes doing us more harm than good.
Bubbles Fortuna

Georgee Paris wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:07 pm I bet you rent
His mum's basement.
jastons
Has liked: 886 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:04 pm I would bet my mortgage on him leaving in the summer for under £100 million.
Jim, is that you?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

we're allowing dec to develop in a way that a title chasing team couldn't afford to.

he could sit as a DM and be the best in the country, but we give him a platform to be an explosive box to box midfielder who still has plenty of rough edges. it'll cost us a few points, but win us a few more.

he has everything it takes to be the great english midfielder of his generation and playing for us will ensure that he doesn't have his wings clipped for more short term club aspirations.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 967 likes
Total likes: 946 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:52 pm Still requires someone to bid £150 million, I don't think anyone with that sort of financial muscle needs him yet.
No chance, sorry he is mustard don’t get me wrong but we aren’t getting 150 for him. I still think we’d accept between 70-90. You need to factor in that he might kick up a fuss and force a move and we don’t exactly have a great history on selling players for their max.
Bubbles Fortuna

Lovejoy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:14 pm No chance, sorry he is mustard don’t get me wrong but we aren’t getting 150 for him. I still think we’d accept between 70-90. You need to factor in that he might kick up a fuss and force a move and we don’t exactly have a great history on selling players for their max.
Moyes has already said he was a bargain at £100 million last summer and that bargain is gone.

And now we can use Grealish as a benchmark.
Bubbles Fortuna

If we sell Rice.for £70 million considering the money spent on Maguire, Grealish and Sancho we'd deserve shooting.
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

Rice and Rodri in midfield..if you get past that pair then you deserve to beat city.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

ChzMff wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:50 pm Sensational today in every facet of the game but I am starting to feel that a brilliant Rice performance does not necessarily make a great West Ham one. We were so easy to play through. A player with more experience would have perhaps realised that and rather than try to do everything, sat in, steadied the ship and trusted in his team mates more.
Tbf though, we only lost by the odd goal in the end, having missed a couple of gilt edged chances, so you could argue that his tactic of taking it to them could just as easily have been successful.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1039 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Lovejoy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:14 pm No chance, sorry he is mustard don’t get me wrong but we aren’t getting 150 for him. I still think we’d accept between 70-90. You need to factor in that he might kick up a fuss and force a move and we don’t exactly have a great history on selling players for their max.
We’d be better off letting him leave for free at the end of his contract