✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Bristoliron338
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by Bristoliron338 »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:17 am I despise the diving and cheating. Not fir me .
Sport without integrity is a farce . Its going that way with the scum 6 and strange VAR decisions .

Hopefully notes has told him we don't do that here !
Notes had a word with him for sure
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Bristoliron338 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:37 pm Notes had a word with him for sure
Maybe he wrote a few short sentences on a little pad.
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

Music to my ears
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by smuts »

One to forget today. Making a complete hash for their 3rd and getting subbed immediately with his shirt over his face summed it up.
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

I know it’s common to liken his start to Fornals or Benrahma but it just doesn’t feel like that to me.

He feels like Haller - you can see an ok player there in the abstract but it’s clear as day he doesn’t fit, either the team or the league. It’s whether you just keep pushing and hope for something to change. It’s not impossible, but you do wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze at present.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Aceface wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm I know it’s common to liken his start to Fornals or Benrahma but it just doesn’t feel like that to me.

He feels like Haller - you can see an ok player there in the abstract but it’s clear as day he doesn’t fit, either the team or the league. It’s whether you just keep pushing and hope for something to change. It’s not impossible, but you do wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze at present.
The only hope is that it's fitness related, but I'll be honest that I'm not seeing £20m+ difference between him and Masuaku on that left side.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Imo, no where near PL quality.
Slow so constantly receives the ball, backs into defender and then passes the ball backwards.
Has absolutely no effect on the game.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

The cheap Ivan Perisic
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Ho ho - from one extreme to the other with this kid. He made a mistake for their third, but I don't think its a coincidence we failed to get hold of the game the same once he came off.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 143 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Bill »

Although him losing possession led to Leeds scoring their third, I blame Diop for passing it to him when he had a player right behind him. Diop was under no pressure whatsoever. Moyes then hooked him as if to put all the blame on him. Yet other players like Antonio have been pants for several games, but get a game every week cos Dave can't find a single striker in the world in the last year.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Bill wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:48 pm Although him losing possession led to Leeds scoring their third, I blame Diop for passing it to him when he had a player right behind him. Diop was under no pressure whatsoever. Moyes then hooked him as if to put all the blame on him. Yet other players like Antonio have been pants for several games, but get a game every week cos Dave can't find a single striker in the world in the last year.
I think it was more of a tactical switch. Vlasic wasn't having a particularly good game and looked tired for me. But the change in system seemed to work against us as we had been on the ascendancy in the second half.
smuts

Post by smuts »

I think he was getting hooked anyway before the 3rd went in.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I actually didn't think he was too bad - mistake aside. The problem we were having was not being able to get either Vlasic or Bowen into the game enough.

I do wonder sometimes though why we bought a really expensive central attacking midfielder to play left-wing.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Bill wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:48 pm Although him losing possession led to Leeds scoring their third, I blame Diop for passing it to him when he had a player right behind him. Diop was under no pressure whatsoever. Moyes then hooked him as if to put all the blame on him. Yet other players like Antonio have been pants for several games, but get a game every week cos Dave can't find a single striker in the world in the last year.
He was in loads of space to receive the ball. He just took a poor touch and was too slow to react
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:25 pm The only hope is that it's fitness related, but I'll be honest that I'm not seeing £20m+ difference between him and Masuaku on that left side.
You could even argue that Masuaku is far more creative.
Not sure where this leaves Vlasic.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:51 pm I do wonder sometimes though why we bought a really expensive central attacking midfielder to play left-wing.
We've ****ed out 25-30m on a bloke who we never play in his favourite position.

A head scratcher of a signing to be honest...
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:51 pm I actually didn't think he was too bad - mistake aside. The problem we were having was not being able to get either Vlasic or Bowen into the game enough.

I do wonder sometimes though why we bought a really expensive central attacking midfielder to play left-wing.
He wasn't "really expensive" in modern market terms. He's a player with a lot of potential. But he needs to adapt for his role in the current system. I think he is being excessively dug out for a mistake that Diop should have dealt with.

One thing I would say is he looked a bit spent. He didn't have that spring of acceleration he had in other games and his mistake was also a heavy-legged effort.
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:41 pm Ho ho - from one extreme to the other with this kid. He made a mistake for their third, but I don't think its a coincidence we failed to get hold of the game the same once he came off.
Personally I don’t care about the mistake. The repeatedly blunt attacking performances are beginning to get on my areolae though.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:55 pm He wasn't "really expensive" in modern market terms. He's a player with a lot of potential. But he needs to adapt for his role in the current system. I think he is being excessively dug out for a mistake that Diop should have dealt with.

One thing I would say is he looked a bit spent. He didn't have that spring of acceleration he had in other games and his mistake was also a heavy-legged effort.
I guess having the first half of the season off wasn't enough rest for him. Should we rest him for a season?
Bizarre comment to try a defend a slow, poor player who has been an awful signing by the manager.
Never seen a £30 million player (attacking midfielder) unable to affect games like this fella.
Like to see Newman go over Moyes head and try and sell him for anything around 50% (above if it's our Christmas) of the fee we paid.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Aceface wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:55 pm Personally I don’t care about the mistake. The repeatedly blunt attacking performances are beginning to get on my areolae though.
Thought he had looked pretty good heading into this match. Today he just seemed leggy.

You also have to bear in mind that Leeds are a gung ho side. They do not give people time and space. It meant we also had a lot of opportunities when their overenthusiasm left space but we tended to choose the wrong pass. Often we seemed to play more laterally rather than trying to play the ball quickly forward enough. When we did that late with the free kick Bowen missed the open goal.