West Ham Utd 2-3 Leeds Utd (16/1/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd: match thread

Post by Ironing Board »

Ding wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:44 pm Ya. Was gonna say:

Moyes got schooled by Bielsa today.
Dunno if I would go that far, but Bielsa certainly addressed the weaknesses that he had seen during the FA Cup match.
mrbuckets
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by mrbuckets »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:44 pm With Soucek in the team, we won 1 PL game in 8 recently.
How crucial is he?
Ive not been on here long an most of my friends know im over negative but i dont think youve ever said anything which isnt nonsense
Billy Bonds boots
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Billy Bonds boots »

i thought fabs couid have done better with there opener ( seemed to go thru him ) Rice yet again best player on the pitch ( wonder what he thinks after games like that ) leeds pressed well and took the game to us and we got what we deserved im afraid. :newthumb:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:44 pm With Soucek in the team, we won 1 PL game in 8 recently.
How crucial is he?
That's just not true.

For our worse run of form you start from Wolves, those games include wins against Chelsea and Watford.

If you're going to try and troll please get facts straight. You're better than that, subtlety is key in your line of work.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Taking Fornals off was q very poor decision IMHO
He was mustard in the second half
Would have been better to take Bowen off IMHO
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

We were not at the races today fair play to leeds in my book they deserved their win. Our team looked jaded today our squad needs some breathing space as in my opinion we are carrying to many players who are not prem std and consequently we hsve to play players who are not up to the prem league :hamm:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:51 pm Taking Fornals off was q very poor decision IMHO
He was mustard in the second half
Would have been better to take Bowen off IMHO
I can only assume it was fitness based with him only just back for illness. Moyes doesn't usually take him off so early.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

The main issue is Diop in the defence. Having Soucek would have probably made enough of a difference but having Oggy or Zouma would have made a much bigger difference. His play for their third was diabolical.
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

Strange subs from the Moyesiah today.

Vlasic has been getting better and better - replacing him with the Spitter was bizarre.

Antonio was awful. Rice had Joe Cole syndrome of trying to do too much - had he been more disciplined he might have been able to drop into the gaping holes that Diop and Coufal decided to leave today!

Dawson came out of the match with his head held high. I'm note sure many others did.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:48 pm That's just not true.

For our worse run of form you start from Wolves, those games include wins against Chelsea and Watford.

If you're going to try and troll please get facts straight. You're better than that, subtlety is key in your line of work.
Apologies, the run was 7 PL games and 1 EFL cup game
old fart
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

There appears to be a lack if tempo at the start of games and then we seem to get over excited when we get back into a game, you think we're going on to win it but we tend to leave the back door open,thats at least twice we've done that.

A little more control required, perhaps its Rice's lack of experience, he will learn.
Equalise consolidate, go again
RaddyKovac

Post by RaddyKovac »

Billy Bonds boots wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:48 pm i thought fabs couid have done better with there opener ( seemed to go thru him ) Rice yet again best player on the pitch ( wonder what he thinks after games like that ) leeds pressed well and took the game to us and we got what we deserved im afraid. :newthumb:
I thought Dawson was our best player today.

Thought Rice tried to do too much and came off as fairly average - which is still much better than most of our team today!
RaddyKovac

Post by RaddyKovac »

old fart wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:54 pm There appears to be a lack if tempo at the start of games and then we seem to get over excited when we get back into a game, you think we're going on to win it but we tend to leave the back door open,thats at least twice we've done that.

A little more control required, perhaps its Rice's lack of experience, he will learn.
Equalise consolidate, go again
Yes, we don't start playing until we're already losing!
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 970 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

RaddyKovac wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:55 pm I thought Dawson was our best player today.

Thought Rice tried to do too much and came off as fairly average - which is still much better than most of our team today!
Diop is bad don’t get me wrong and needs bombing out but Dawson seems to get a easy ride. Thought he was terrible, slow to turn, poor with the ball and he has to take a share of the blame being part of a defence conceding 3 at home against Leeds B side.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

It's our distribution that lets us down. When you keep giving the ball away so frequently, it creates chaos and makes it almost impossible to control the game. I've been saying this for weeks. We need a little more culture in the defensive half of our team. We're never going to take control of a match with Diop and Dawson constantly punting it forward and then having the oppositions attack start all over again.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:52 pm The main issue is Diop in the defence. Having Soucek would have probably made enough of a difference but having Oggy or Zouma would have made a much bigger difference. His play for their third was diabolical.
That goal was on Vlasic. Diop played the ball to his feet and he was unable to control it and gave it away. It wasn't q difficult ball to control
Moyes certainly wasn't happy as subbed him immediately
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

RaddyKovac wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:52 pm Strange subs from the Moyesiah today.

Vlasic has been getting better and better - replacing him with the Spitter was bizarre.
We had looked more dangerous when Arthur came on in the last game but Bielsa seemed wise to that tactic. He was trying to be proactive, but I think holding fire for 10 minutes after the goal would have been better.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

It pains me to say it but Mike Dean had a decent game today, I'd be the first digging him out if he'd had his usual game against us so only fair to say when he had a rare professional performance
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:58 pm That goal was on Vlasic. Diop played the ball to his feet and he was unable to control it and gave it away. It wasn't q difficult ball to control
Moyes certainly wasn't happy as subbed him immediately
Obviously, but Diop should have cleared his lines as there was plenty of time for him to handle the runner. There is no way Ogbonna or Zouma do not deal with that situation.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:58 pm. He was trying to be proactive, but I think holding fire for 10 minutes after the goal would have been better.
Proactive? He waited for him to lose West Ham the game before subbing him. He was poor all game (again).