✍ Welcome Vladimír Coufal

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Re: Vladimír Coufal signs

Post by hammerman11 »

turtle he has been injured and just back. he is a great RB and a consistent performer. in the summer we will have two decent RBs in vlad and ben with fredericks leaving the club. The other side causes me more concern when cressie is out .

do you just come on and slag off a different player each day. who`s next tomorrow ? fabianski ?
WestSam
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by WestSam »

hammerman11 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:37 pm turtle he has been injured and just back. he is a great RB and a consistent performer. in the summer we will have two decent RBs in vlad and ben with fredericks leaving the club. The other side causes me more concern when cressie is out .

do you just come on and slag off a different player each day. who`s next tomorrow ? fabianski ?
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3177 likes
Total likes: 2316 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:31 pm One issue we've had this season is the lack of attacking threat from RB compared to last season.
This bloke needs to start stepping up, beginning tomorrow, or Moyes may have a decision in the summer
RIP Turtlehead.

Just heard he's been Keyser Sose'd by Vlad for this post.

He'll be a big loss to KUMB, but we'll struggle on.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

LmcHammer wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:59 pm Best rb we've had for years ffs, Your talking out your arse pal
irving boleyn wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:51 am ^^^^^

Is that what's called trolling?

Coufal owns our right side.

The reaction on page 40 after I mentioned we shouldn’t rush in to giving Coufal a new contract too soon.

Your comments aged well! :newthumb:
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:31 pm One issue we've had this season is the lack of attacking threat from RB compared to last season.
This bloke needs to start stepping up, beginning tomorrow, or Moyes may have a decision in the summer
Schemmel MKII....... but a worse second season than Svhemmel.

Bog standard, lower PL, top half championship RB.
Offering nothing to the team.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

funky chicken wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:59 pm The reaction on page 40 after I mentioned we shouldn’t rush in to giving Coufal a new contract too soon.

Your comments aged well! :newthumb:
Congratulations
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

El brooko79 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:32 pm Congratulations
Thank you. :newthumb:

Good job, like Moyes, I am sensible enough to not rush in to deciding players deserve new contracts after just 1 good season.

If it was down to numpties like them, we’d probably still have Schemmel and Ilunga as our fullbacks.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2483 likes
Total likes: 4382 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

5/10 this season.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

Looks like we’ve signed another 1 season wonder right back.

I pray to God he wasn’t 1 of the players we stupidly gave a new contract to.
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by smuts »

Having a proper Schemmel/Ilunga this season.

The full back curse goes on.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1085 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Yeah it’s pretty shocking the difference between this year and last year. I almost feel sorry for him out there, I’m not sure he understands what’s going on either.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3015 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:11 pm Schemmel MKII....... but a worse second season than Svhemmel.

Bog standard, lower PL, top half championship RB.
Offering nothing to the team.
Good at some things, less good at others, much like his competitor for the shirt, Johnson.

Did you read Mike Hare's analysis of our squad recently published on here ?

I don't think he is a world beater, but he's generally competent, surely ? I can think of at least 5 positions i would strengthen before RB.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1085 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

the pink palermo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:49 pm Good at some things, less good at others, much like his competitor for the shirt, Johnson.

I don't think he is a world beater, but he's generally competent, surely ? I can think of at least 5 positions i would strengthen before RB.
If he played like this last season there would be no talk. Everyone would agree that he’s an ok RB and good for the price we paid. The issue is, is that he’s gone from almost cult hero status and performances to a very average right back.
Last edited by BigFatSam on Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

the pink palermo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:49 pm Good at some things, less good at others, much like his competitor for the shirt, Johnson.

Don’t waste your breath.

Coufal hasn’t lived up to the performances of last season. Yes his own performances have dropped but the chaotic performances of our centre halves recently is hardly going to help.
Turtlecharityracer

I would say he is adequate in relation to our recent right backs but does seem to be getting worse by the week and can't see him being remembered for very long when he leaves.
Personally, after the excitement of his first season, I would put him behind Kenny Brown Junior (under rated) as a right back.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

BigFatSam wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:52 pm If he played like this last season there would be no talk. Everyone would agree that he’s an ok RB and good for the price we paid. The issue is, is that he’s gone from almost cult hero status and performances to a very average right back.
stu1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:52 pm Coufal hasn’t lived up to the performances of last season. Yes his own performances have dropped but the chaotic performances of our centre halves recently is hardly going to help.
Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:55 pm I would say he is adequate in relation to our recent right backs but does seem to be getting worse by the week and can't see him being remembered for very long when he leaves.
Personally, after the excitement of his first season, I would put him behind Kenny Brown Junior (under rated) as a right back.
To save some bandwidth , same answer to all 3.

In season 1, few other clubs would have heard of him to any great extent in this country, and fewer still would be the number of players who have faced him.

He played 36 games in his first season, that's 36 occasions upon which the opposition had the opportunity to look at him in depth, study video tape after video tape, and from that create a plan to nullify his impact this season.

Those plans copuld include, for example, an opposing player being instructed that when presented with a choice of letting Coufal cross the ball or stop the cross with a foul, the better option is to let him cross : a dead ball free kick that could be taken by a different player being seen as a greater threat than an open play routine cross from Coufal.

Clubs do their homework.
Turtlecharityracer

the pink palermo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:09 pm To save some bandwidth , same answer to all 3.

In season 1, few other clubs would have heard of him to any great extent in this country, and fewer still would be the number of players who have faced him.

He played 36 games in his first season, that's 36 occasions upon which the opposition had the opportunity to look at him in depth, study video tape after video tape, and from that create a plan to nullify his impact this season.

Those plans copuld include, for example, an opposing player being instructed that when presented with a choice of letting Coufal cross the ball or stop the cross with a foul, the better option is to let him cross : a dead ball free kick that could be taken by a different player being seen as a greater threat than an open play routine cross from Coufal.

Clubs do their homework.
Stated on numerous posts regarding certain players that clubs study an awful.lot. The element of surprise lasts 12 months.
Personally, I feel Coufals isdue is a bit more than just clubs studying him. He seems to play a far less disciplined role this season and is regularly caught out of position.
I'd say his decline is 50% other teams studying and 50% him dropping his standards.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:19 pm Personally, I feel Coufals isdue is a bit more than just clubs studying him. He seems to play a far less disciplined role this season and is regularly caught out of position.
He was caught out of position plenty of times last season. Plenty.

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:19 pm I'd say his decline is 50% other teams studying and 50% him dropping his standards.
Wow.

50% due to him dropping his standards ? Are you referring to his contract issue ?

I think Moyes has played a blinder there, gradually advancing Johnson, reminding the senior player he has some competition.
Turtlecharityracer

the pink palermo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:26 pm He was caught out of position plenty of times last season. Plenty.

Wow.

50% due to him dropping his standards ? Are you referring to his contract issue ?

I think Moyes has played a blinder there, gradually advancing Johnson, reminding the senior player he has some competition.
No, nothing to do with contract.
I am referring to his playing standards.
For example, their third goal today. Can't remember last season seeing him jog back when caught out of position like he did today.
Marvin Haglers famous statement about silk pyjamas is, imo, relevant to lots of sportsmen in lots of sports.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Vlad was dreadful today. Talk about a sophomore slump!