✍ Welcome Vladimír Coufal

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Re: Vladimír Coufal signs

Post by stu1 »

the pink palermo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:09 pm Those plans copuld include, for example, an opposing player being instructed that when presented with a choice of letting Coufal cross the ball or stop the cross with a foul, the better option is to let him cross : a dead ball free kick that could be taken by a different player being seen as a greater threat than an open play routine cross from Coufal.

Clubs do their homework.
I’m not sure that’s very fair.

If a club did their homework they’d know he assisted 7x from open play last season, the only full back to better that was TAA. For added context Creswell only assisted twice from open play in the league last season.

Norwich let him cross mid week and we scored as a result, whilst he has 3 assists so far this season despite his interrupted season.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:36 pm No, nothing to do with contract.

Marvin Haglers famous statement about silk pyjamas is, imo, relevant to lots of sportsmen in lots of sports.
:eh:
Turtlecharityracer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:36 pm I am referring to his playing standards.
For example, their third goal today. Can't remember last season seeing him jog back when caught out of position like he did today.
Plenty.

If what you say is true however, Moyes will be aware of it.

At this point in time does he have a better option ?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

stu1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:45 pm I’m not sure that’s very fair.

If a club did their homework they’d know he assisted 7x from open play last season, the only full back to better that was TAA. For added context Creswell only assisted twice from open play in the league last season.

Norwich let him cross mid week and we scored as a result, whilst he has 3 assists so far this season despite his interrupted season.
To clarify - i gave an example of the kind of things they look at, i wasn't really suggesting the example i used wa accurate , although i have a feeling he may have slung a load in to get those 7 assists.

My point was when clubs do their homework they brief their players how to nullify their opponents key threat whatever that may be.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

the pink palermo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:48 pm :eh:

Plenty.

If what you say is true however, Moyes will be aware of it.

At this point in time does he have a better option ?
Currently, I may not be their biggest fans, but I would have Frederick's, Johnson in front of him, if fit.
e17
Has liked: 281 likes
Total likes: 944 likes

Post by e17 »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:41 pm Vlad was dreadful today. Talk about a sophomore slump!
I have a suspicion that both he & his Potato salad loving mate have played too much football in too little time
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

the pink palermo wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:52 pm My point was when clubs do their homework they brief their players how to nullify their opponents key threat whatever that may be.
Fair enough.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Time fir Johnson to get a run at RB. He's done well at left back , so now play him on his better side.
Coufal needs dropping as has been poor
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Though many thought he wasn't performing well pre-covid, I thought he at least still showed plenty of energy and still sprinting up and down the pitch. Since covid I think he's looked a little jaded and I'm wondering if its affected him.
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

Last season he was so calm on the ball and almost always made the correct decision. Now he’s just sloppy and has been resorting to hoofing it in no particular direction.

If last season hadn’t have happened and we’d signed him in the summer, I don’t think there’d be a debate about who starts between him and Johnson right now.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

In terms of the performances of all our right backs he deserves to be no more than third choice. Both Johnson and even Fredericks have performed a lot better than he has this season. If Fredericks wasn’t injury prone I’d actually prefer to shift Coufal more than Fredericks this coming summer. That’s how poor he’s been this season.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Need him to get back to last seasons form. Another poor game today I thought
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I thought he was actually OK earlier in the season despite criticism he was getting from others. He doesn't look right since coming back from covid though.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1615 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Coufal (and this isn't a ringing endorsement) 54.3% pa
Fredericks 50%
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:37 pm Coufal (and this isn't a ringing endorsement) 54.3% pa
Fredericks 50%
Those stats are a little misleading. Fredericks only came on for 20 mins and probably only passed the ball, probably, 6 times max. I couldn’t believe how many time Coufal gave the ball away in general and not necessarily just from his passes (although there were LOADS of those misplaced).

He’s really struggled since the summer and those rumours of him being unhappy with our contract offer. I really hope he’s not just a one-season wonder.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

understand where you're coming from Al, think he had 8 touches. but when it's at the end of the game and you're replacing someone who has given the ball away so cheaply throught the previous however many minutes, it's incumbent on you not to replecate that.

he unfortunately seems to have.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Agreed. Fredericks is never the player for composure or technique. Maybe time to give Johnson another go.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

HammerAl wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:57 pm Agreed. Fredericks is never the player for composure or technique. Maybe time to give Johnson another go.
after that last cock up where he took a shot with two players open in the middle (last week was it?)
I can't believe he replecated the same thing almost to a fault today.
e17
Has liked: 281 likes
Total likes: 944 likes

Post by e17 »

I don’t think Coufal has been that bad all season. He’s played in 18 wins for us, which would suggest he’s not been all that bad. Set himself ridiculously high standards last season.
Bilic'sLimp
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Bilic'sLimp »

Best right back we've got. Stop pissing about with him.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

e17 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:35 pm I don’t think Coufal has been that bad all season. He’s played in 18 wins for us, which would suggest he’s not been all that bad. Set himself ridiculously high standards last season.
Fully agree. :newthumb:

He's certainly not been that bad that you have to change him for Fredricks when the game is on a knife edge.