✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1186 likes
Total likes: 928 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by Metal Hammer »

I'd like to think Moyes knows a bit more about football than Turtlewally.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

NWhammer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:39 pm Vlasic will come good. Hust needs to keep it simple though, he's trying to hard at the minute much like Fornals and Benrahma when they first tipped up.
Tbh I think keeping it simple is actually part of his problem.

In attacking areas he sometimes seems to be playing too safe and within himself, which is why he doesn't look as threatening as people would like.

For me he needs to be willing to take more risks in the final third, currently he seems reluctant to pull the trigger or play the killer pass.
The Boys from the Boleyn
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by The Boys from the Boleyn »

GaryP wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:19 pm Already done for only that reason. FFS

I have made myself a little script that will hide the element in the code which quotes him and it will hide the quote, it will only work with an adblocker. KUMB is only one of two sites on the whole net I have whitelisted. I am so close to removing the exemption after all these years so I can use the script, unless the boss can come up with a way blocking a foe being quoted too, or better still dump the prick.

The incessant bull**** is turning this place into talksport levels of trolling and I have found myself not coming on here as often.

Anyway back on topic... I think he is slowly getting there, trying too hard if anything. Having someone who knew how to make a run in front of him would help.
Agreed, I barely post on here anymore but still read daily and I’m baffled that he hasn’t been removed.

His posts are never positive and so clearly intended to troll - it’s absolutely inconceivable a genuine West Ham fan would have this many issues when we’re 4th in the table and having one of the best seasons in living memory.

While people still quote him his points are still derailing threads and making this a less pleasant place to visit.
Shabu
Has liked: 4188 likes
Total likes: 2048 likes

Post by Shabu »

I'm hoping Vlasic gets a decent amount of game time over the next four matches.

We definitely need him, or some one, to have a little purple patch. Would be lovely to get 8 or 9 points from this months matches.

Still not sure what his best position is though. Behind the striker?
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Shabu wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:02 pm
Still not sure what his best position is though. Behind the striker?
Yeah i'd say so
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 970 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Why doesn’t the manager play him in his proffered position. Seems a bit strange if your trying to build someone’s confidence.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

According to Moyes, Lanzini is struggling with a bit of an achilles issue so the next few weeks might see Vlasic heavily involved centrally. Could be a good spell for him.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:38 pm According to Moyes, Lanzini is struggling with a bit of an achilles issue so the next few weeks might see Vlasic heavily involved centrally. Could be a good spell for him.
That's interesting - I'd have thought it was more likely we put Fornals in centrally, Benrahma left and Bowen right. Unless one of those is sitting out, and to be honest Vlasic seems a replacement for Benrahma more than Fornals.

Nice to have four high level players competing for those three positions, though.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

YorksHammer wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:58 pm That's interesting - I'd have thought it was more likely we put Fornals in centrally, Benrahma left and Bowen right. Unless one of those is sitting out, and to be honest Vlasic seems a replacement for Benrahma more than Fornals.

Nice to have four high level players competing for those three positions, though.
I should note that it's me that thought we might see him centrally, it wasn't Moyes who suggested that :newthumb:
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Sully likes this, you are penciled in as our new manager and there will be a fiver for your transfer budget
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:00 pm I should note that it's me that thought we might see him centrally, it wasn't Moyes who suggested that :newthumb:
Aha, thought it was Moyes!

I hope we do at least get to see more of him in some capacity. I think he's starting to develop. Like with Benrahma, Moyes seems to recognise these players need some time to settle in.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 970 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

I hope he turns out better than Benrahma tbh. I was expecting so much more from him, hope Vlasic can be better than that.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Who scouted him ?
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

looks a waste of money at the moment. a 15m player not 30m. in the summer moyes will hopefully make a decision on vlasic and benrahma and decide whether to sell one of them, especially if we get lingard to join us
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

hammerman11 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:38 am looks a waste of money at the moment. a 15m player not 30m. in the summer moyes will hopefully make a decision on vlasic and benrahma and decide whether to sell one of them, especially if we get lingard to join us
Well, he was neither of those things.

£21m+ Add-Ons that haven't been reached.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

21m is better price but hes not quite shown it so far. hopefully he will blossom and be our standout player in the coming months
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

I still think he will reach a level higher than Benrahma given time
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

I think we forget how young Vlasic is when judging him. 23/24, moving to a new league essentially despite his brief dalliance with Everton - a bit of adaptation time is going to be needed. Benrahma needed it when going to Championship to Premier League, Bowen needed it when doing the same.

Long-term, I think Vlasic will become a real player for us. There are flashes there. But we spent the same on him as we spent on Bowen and his first half season wasn't exactly world beating (although there was a game against Chelsea he was crucial in, I seem to remember).
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1778 likes

Post by hammers92 »

YorksHammer wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:36 am I think we forget how young Vlasic is when judging him. 23/24, moving to a new league essentially despite his brief dalliance with Everton - a bit of adaptation time is going to be needed. Benrahma needed it when going to Championship to Premier League, Bowen needed it when doing the same.

Long-term, I think Vlasic will become a real player for us. There are flashes there. But we spent the same on him as we spent on Bowen and his first half season wasn't exactly world beating (although there was a game against Chelsea he was crucial in, I seem to remember).
Bowen got 1 goal and 4 assists in that first half season and then Covid hit, the potential was there.

My criticism for Vlasic is the same as Benrahma*, we need more from them. Chipping in with some goals also alleviates the pressure on Bowen and with our shaky defensive record, gives us a bit of a reprieve in games.

*Im also aware Benrahma has got a few goals and assists this year but he’s got so, so much more to give imo.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

He's never really had a run to settle properly. He gets the odd start here and there but mainly 15 minute cameos. At some point he's going to need trusting a little more.