January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1515 likes
Total likes: 3181 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by Wilko1304 »

Athletic (and Daniel Taylor, who is on anything Forest and can be trusted) say Brentford want Brennan Johnson at £15m, Forest want £18m. Describes Brentford as "persistent" and Forest as not wanting to sell.
Diogenes
Has liked: 478 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Ward Prowse?? Does he play CH? CF or LB? No. Then why are we discussing him? Hardly someone we need.

Also Hlozek is doing well in the Czech league I believe. 6 goals and 12 assists according to our resident experts in 19 games!! And only 19.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Post by Wilko1304 »

El brooko79 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:25 pm Do you think they would make the Czech squads?

He isn't just a youth player we can test out, we have to buy him.
Half this board were going nuts about Sima last transfer window, he can't even get in the Stoke team.

Edit: think I miss-understood your point after seeing the context
No I don't :D

But he cannot be judged on the Euros. And he's got a different profile to Sima too, there's more data to back up his rise and potential, it's happened over more time. As the transfer articles on the site can attest: https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44203
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

I cant say I'm all that excited by hozelock. I think defences are no where near what they are like here and he will struggle. Not only that he just reminds me of a brand of garden watering equipment.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Benny will be like a new signing when he returns from the AFCON next week
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

HammerAl wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:35 pm I don’t believe any transfer rumours now, whether they’re from Sky, TalkSPORT, Twitter, Ex or ITKs on here. Moyes seems to have stopped most, if not all, of the leaks regarding players coming in or out, with the majority of rumours out there being old news or fake news.

And it’s brilliant to see.
Unfortunately that means we are probably not very close to signing anyone.

Transfer negotiations involves too many people from opposing sides to for Moyes to be able to keep them quiet when they are close.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Diogenes wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 pm Ward Prowse?? Does he play CH? CF or LB? No. Then why are we discussing him? Hardly someone we need.
Who plays central midfield when either Rice &/or Soucek are missing? We saw how well that went last Sunday.

We certainly need a Centre half and a left back. And I am not saying Ward Prowse would necessarily be my choice of player for central midfield. But I would argue that position is as important as the others we need to strengthen.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:31 pm Who plays central midfield when either Rice &/or Soucek are missing? We saw how well that went last Sunday.
Last Sunday was all about the terrible display of Diop

Central midfield is not a position we need to strengthen in
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

chalks wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 pm Last Sunday was all about the terrible display of Diop

I'm wasn't all about Diop. We got overrun in CM too.
Just because we have bigger problems doesn't mean CM isn't one also.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

stu1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:06 pm Unfortunately that means we are probably not very close to signing anyone.

Transfer negotiations involves too many people from opposing sides to for Moyes to be able to keep them quiet when they are close.
We’ve just had it so many times in the past where we’ve been given false hope. I’d much rather hear absolutely nothing until we’ve signed a player. Moyes and Sullivan both seem to do more business later in the window, so wouldn’t expect any news until next week. Really hoping they’ll pull some good signings out the bag :newthumb:
Long Shot
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Long Shot »

paulhs1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:19 pm I'm resigned to us not bringing in anyone. God only knows what we're paying Newman for
My feeling is Newman has been brought in by DM as another hurdle old little legs has to jump over in his pursuit of stuffing our ranks with overpriced has beens.

Him and Moyse are old muckers so Newman will know exactly how his boss wants to run the team and will work with him to help realise his vision. A professional doing a professional job in transfers to make a fresh change

The club used to be leakier than a colandar of minges and would go into transfer windows like a clown with its hair on fire.

Has anyone thought that no news could actually mean good news?
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

chalks wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 pm Last Sunday was all about the terrible display of Diop

He was. However I disagree it’s not a position we need to strengthen. Noble is out injured and will be retiring in a few months time. And Moyes doesn’t seem to fancy Kral. If Rice or Soucek are missing for a considerable amount of time we are very vulnerable.
Wilko1304

Post by Wilko1304 »

One bad performance probably isn't enough to mean we need to worry about it now. We were missing two players who would have started ahead of Lanzini, the midfield didnt play well, Leeds are unique and we could have played Kral, the choice was just made to go with Lanzini.

And the two were in front of our weakest centre back pairing, Cresswell on his second game back too.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

We do need to strengthen if that means the bench options. We would be hard pressed to find/afford better first choices. That said it is not something we need to do in a rush in the January market. It can wait.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Long Shot wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:36 pm My feeling is Newman has been brought in by DM as another hurdle old little legs has to jump over in his pursuit of stuffing our ranks with overpriced has beens.

Him and Moyse are old muckers so Newman will know exactly how his boss wants to run the team and will work with him to help realise his vision. A professional doing a professional job in transfers to make a fresh change

The club used to be leakier than a colandar of minges and would go into transfer windows like a clown with its hair on fire.

Has anyone thought that no news could actually mean good news?
No signings ( save maybe loans) might be good news if it means we are not buying players foist upon us by agents / DS despite the fact that this will be presented by many as a lack of ambition.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:00 pm Benny will be like a new signing when he returns from the AFCON next week
Agreed, but I suspect they will keep him isolated until he’s taken a few c19 tests and passed negatives. Other clubs will have similar problems of course. Be interesting to see which clubs welcome back their travellers without due care and attention.

Could be even more games off due to international travel cases rather than training ground. Potentially new variants. Oh the fun……

👍🇨🇿
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Issa Diop is unbelievable.

If it wasn't for him ruining everything, we'd have solved climate change, brought peace to Israel/Palestine, and Craig Dawson's hair would all magically grow back fuller and shinier.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

Wilko1304 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:21 pm Established West Ham players Bowen and Antonio both didn't make a squad. Hlozek is 19, give him a chance.
Personally don't think he cuts it either.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Post by S-H »

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:54 pm Issa Diop is unbelievable.

If it wasn't for him ruining everything, we'd have solved climate change, brought peace to Israel/Palestine, and Craig Dawson's hair would all magically grow back fuller and shinier.
Allegedly Diop was shagging Bats in Wuhan, late 2019..

Just saying..
JLCABA
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by JLCABA »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:37 pm He was. However I disagree it’s not a position we need to strengthen. Noble is out injured and will be retiring in a few months time. And Moyes doesn’t seem to fancy Kral. If Rice or Soucek are missing for a considerable amount of time we are very vulnerable.
I feel for Alex Kral …
I had high hopes … if only he got playing time regularly