January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by Puff Daddy »

Aceface wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:05 am Milldy unenthusiastic about attempting to sign Hlozek this window. Isn't currently a striker – appears to play mainly play behind the striker, or wide when he's not – so promising or not it does feel like losing sight of the main issues if we do this winter. It's not like we're going to be out of the loop of any developments with Big Cretin in the board room. Keep the focus on the areas that need fixing.
To say nothing of Little Cretin too
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:11 am Schock is a top-class centre forward. He's strong, a splendid finisher, can hold up the ball and leads the line.

Therefor Leverkusen won't let him walk in the winter, nor are we one of the clubs he would fancy going to.
Pretty much my view that it's a non starter and we would have no chance of landing him
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

@alex_crook
· 12m
#NUFC offer for Lingard revealed by @samuelluckhurst is intriguing. He'd rather go back to #WHUFC but #MUFC cannot contemplate strengthening a top 4 rival. Surely better to go out and play rather than sit rotting? West Ham and Spurs interest will still be there in the summer.
Suck on that phat one!!
Last edited by S-H on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg Stretch
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Reg Stretch »

alski wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:18 am Kolasinac off to Marseille on loan. Could mean one of their defender’s is off…
They’ll be asking for another postponement this weekend then
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

It would be well sick if we stick shticick straight in the team.
Reg Stretch

Post by Reg Stretch »

Major wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:54 am Apparently they have put a huge bid in for Patrik Schick upwards of 40 mill

Probably b*llocks as this is the dildo brothers, but this comes from the bloke who told me they had signed Jarrod Bowen way before the press picked it up. This is also probably already on here but i can't be arsed to look and i thought you might be interested.

Like i said probably b*llocks
Cheers major...great if true
Reg Stretch

Post by Reg Stretch »

jastons wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:46 am Why would Manchester United loan Lingard (out of contract in the summer) to Newcastle (more than enough money to buy him outright) ?
So they get a huge Loan fee bigger than if they sold him now and Jesse still gets his massive signing on fee as a free agent in the summer
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Wilko1304 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:07 am I remain convinced Schick would never work here. I've got nothing to go on, I'm also sure he'd be a success in a dominant side, I just don't fancy it working here.
Antonio is unique, trying to replicate him is near on impossible. Strong as an ox and pops up all over the place. How many strikers do you see playing on both wings during a match (not at the same time I might add!)?!? Schick is a very good player but is also a sick note as someone pointed out recently and has a high opinion of himself so I doubt he would be pleased getting splinters even for a few matches. I think perhaps a player who wants to prove himself would be more suitable. However not many teams are willing to sell mid season, particularly good strikers, and options are very limited so I think any loan or signing will not be ideal.
Last edited by Hamburger on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

it does worry me that if we don't sign anyone then that's as good as saying its fingers crossed if the likes of antonio, cresswell and another centreback get injured and making us midtable and don't win anything or qualify for anything at the end of the season because we don't have backups. What message does that say to the likes of bowen and rice as to how unambitious we are? They see a season of no progression and they will just see west ham as unambitious and move on. At least get cover for those positions.
The Straw
Has liked: 595 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by The Straw »

Where has this idea that Schick is a sicknote come from? I've never thought that of him.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Hamburger wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 am Antonio is unique, trying to replicate him is near on impossible. Strong as an ox and pops up all over the place. How many strikers do you see playing on both wings during a match (not at the same time I might add!)?!? Schick is a very good player but is also a sick note as someone pointed out recently and has a high opinion of himself so I doubt he would be pleased getting splinters even for a few matches. I think perhaps a player who wants to prove himself would be more suitable. However not many teams are willing to sell mid season, particularly good strikers, and options are very limited so I think any loan or signing will not be ideal.
i have to say i would like antonio, bowen and another striker up front who wins the ball and who antonio can fill in for if they are injured.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

ZazaPenaltyRunup wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:10 am
Could you imagine?

I'd love it if we had a duality to our transfers – what we need as an absolute necessity now (CB/CF) + what can we implement now that prevents us being so knee-jerk down the line.

Nothing to suggest a team in the knockouts of Europa + challenging for top 4 couldn't put £30m towards the future and secure a solid striker/CB.

Unless you've got GSB in the driving seat, of course.
Carvalho would not be got for £5m though surely?
1) He can help fulham get promoted.
2) He is 19 and been there about 6 years. A tribunal would set a fee if he left in the summer and I bet it would be atleast £5m given length of service and how good he has been already.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Wilko1304 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:07 am I remain convinced Schick would never work here. I've got nothing to go on, I'm also sure he'd be a success in a dominant side, I just don't fancy it working here.
Yes, we would need to up our possession stats and maintain more controlled possession further up the pitch probably. But it's the only way forward.

But to allow that we need to improve our defence so that we don't need to protect and sit deep.

Reckon we would need our life changing LCB and pacey LB.
Could be an exciting window!
I am Legend
Has liked: 1603 likes
Total likes: 1656 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Benaloon wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:36 am Not sure I buy the Schick link - apart from the Czech connection doesn't seem like our/Moyes' kind of player (or price). Would also be wary of anyone putting up numbers in that clown league..
German league is a clown league? :crylol:

Schick would be a next level signing. He'd be the best finisher at the club and would potentially get us top 4 with his goals. Antonio would become a useful change of speed sub. Schick is far superior....mainly because he can hold a ball and link up play.

Last time we spent big on a striker, Haller, he was a good player but didn't fit as he is best with a front 3 and making other 2 look great. While Schick holds it, links up, great when facing goal as his movement and finishing is sublime.

I'd love it. That's why it won't happen.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

@alex_crook
· 12m
#NUFC offer for Lingard revealed by @samuelluckhurst is intriguing. He'd rather go back to #WHUFC but #MUFC cannot contemplate strengthening a top 4 rival. Surely better to go out and play rather than sit rotting? West Ham and Spurs interest will still be there in the summer.
S-H wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:18 am
Suck on that phat one!!
Makes me think that's a goer. They give in late on if he makes a point. They really should lean to his wishes a bit, he's been a good servant for them.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Last summer we were looking for a solid CB to partner Ogbonna -we ended up with Zouma,having been linked with Tark,Caleta Car,Milenivic,et al Now we are looking for a left footed,more mobile CB to replace Ogbonna,imo - I don't think the previous linked CBs plus Phillips are what we need at the moment.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

I am Legend wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:42 am German league is a clown league? :crylol:

Schick would be a next level signing. He'd be the best finisher at the club and would potentially get us top 4 with his goals. Antonio would become a useful change of speed sub. Schick is far superior....mainly because he can hold a ball and link up play.

Last time we spent big on a striker, Haller, he was a good player but didn't fit as he is best with a front 3 and making other 2 look great. While Schick holds it, links up, great when facing goal as his movement and finishing is sublime.

I'd love it. That's why it won't happen.
Is he quick?
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

kitthehammer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 am i have to say i would like antonio, bowen and another striker up front who wins the ball and who antonio can fill in for if they are injured.
Exactly this, I wouldn’t bench Antonio it would be a case of him going wide where he spends 90% of his time anyway.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1875 likes
Total likes: 2492 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

paulhs1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 am Patrick Schick would be a next level signing.
Aye, plus his sister ticks all the correct boxes.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Schick... next level? Certainly

What we should be looking to next to credibly compete with the top 4? 100%

If we could add someone of his calibre and then a CB equivalent in the summer we'd really be in with a shout of competing for the top 4 again next season.

Thanks for sharing Maj!