January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by -DL- »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 pm Considering some of the stuff you’ve said about me over the years, this is golden.
I've even stuck up for you when it was relentless towards you, but no doubt you've ignored that bit. :)
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

paulhs1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:12 pm Turtle is trolling mate and it's not subtle, it's blatant, like glaringly obvious.
He/she hasn't been rude though, i'll give them that :thup:
I agree with DL, just put him on ignore, i only know he's on here, when people quote or whinge about him.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

pezza20 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:00 pm I hope to god it's not us in for Carlos - if ever there was another mistake ridden defender waiting to come to the premiership he's it.

A few things due to happen next week provided x.y.z
Exactly. Why not go for Caleta-Car. Less of a gamble and at half the price. What's not to like ?
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:06 pm Kral and Areola, probably £125k + per week together and hardly played in any match that matters. Money well spent for a club like West ham? In my opinion, no.
They’re on loan. We’re taking a detailed look at them. It is the sensible alternative to ‘just signing anyone that’s available’ when we can’t get in our primary target.

To complain about deals like this is completely ridiculous.

Even then, Areola has been an outstanding bit of business given his performances and achievements when used.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 pm Considering some of the stuff you’ve said about me over the years, this is golden.
Sorry to continue an off-subject discussion, but I seem to remember pulling you up for bullying Turts, so get off the moral high ground.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Benrahma coming home early. He'll be like a new signing!
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:09 pm Be honest, you're more disgusted that there are no leaks coming out of the club and we're not getting flodded by comments and radio interviews by our chairmen about which players we're bidding for right now and our offers got rejected.
Nope used to complain about that and called ExWhuEmployee out on it numerous times. I’m not 13 years old desperate for a rumour to w*nk over.

Hard facts are we are now 3 weeks into a 4 week window and signed no one.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

A lot of other posters have been targeted on here over the years.

Trap, Jinxed , Hugh Jargon ( just for that Pardon thing ) Puff as well, hell even I got a bit for telling too many jokes ffs, Jim the manc fan

The thing is we should be careful because you never know when we could go over the top and a person might just get really upset and take it personal.

I know I have overstepped that mark once or twice and when it was pointed out to me I felt a right pillock.

Just ignore stuff that you don't like and move on eh?

oh yeah Pardon? :crylol:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Brereton doesn't strike me as a Moyes type signing

He's coming off the back of 3/4rs of 1 good season... there isn't enough to make a long term informed decision
He has effectively taken over where Armstrong left off last year... that tells me something about the way Blackburn play and like to have a focal point in terms of goals
We're talking 20+ millions for 3/4rs of a season... he hasn't shown it consistently enough to warrant that
Is he better than Antonio? I'd hazard a guess at no... therefore Moyes has reiterated his desire not to bring in weaker players

I'd say Tottenham would be the London club in for Carlos... they've done a bit of business with Seville in the last 6 months and they've been awfully quiet given Conte was only signing because of the warchest he was getting allegedly.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

JonG86 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:06 pm Are you disgusted that we won 3 out of the 4 games since the window opened (two of them without conceding)?
Leeds in the cup and Norwich at home? That’s some feat.

Moyes isn’t immune to criticism, he doesn’t need constant defending. Antonio dead on his feet Sunday and us losing was on him.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

westlondonhammer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:02 pm
I'd say Tottenham would be the London club in for Carlos... they've done a bit of business with Seville in the last 6 months and they've been awfully quiet given Conte was only signing because of the warchest he was getting allegedly.
I’m not convinced Tottenham need another error-prone defender. They have so many already.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

LeonRivers wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:51 pm They’re on loan. We’re taking a detailed look at them. It is the sensible alternative to ‘just signing anyone that’s available’ when we can’t get in our primary target.

To complain about deals like this is completely ridiculous.

Even then, Areola has been an outstanding bit of business given his performances and achievements when used.
So, a season long scouting mission, costing between £5-6 million in wages is good business? I have to disagree.
Areola has not played in one game that means anything, more like easy Euro games.
Kral. Well, what has he done?

I think a detailed look would involve sending scouts when at other clubs and disecting performance at other clubs on video.
Personally I think Areola and Kral, particularly if we don't sign Areola, is pretty hofiffic business for a club like West Ham.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Watching Algeria v ivory Coast match. Haller not doing a lot yet.
Benrahma quiet as well and coming home at the moment
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:05 pm So, a season long scouting mission, costing between £5-6 million in wages is good business? I have to disagree.
Areola has not played in one game that means anything, more like easy Euro games.

I think a detailed look would involve sending scouts when at other clubs and disecting performance at other clubs on video.
Personally I think Areola and Kral, particularly if we don't sign Areola, is pretty hofiffic business for a club like West Ham.
I think you're massively wide of the mark on Areola.

Randolph is a pretty massive drop off in quality from Areola or Fabianski.

We'd never have made the League Cup quarter final with Randolph in goal, and who knows how Europe would have gone? I very much doubt we'd have been in a position to rest our team against Zagreb.

Not to mention the FA Cup against Leeds, Randolph isn't keeping a cleansheet there.

We have two brilliant goalkeepers, which is a great position to be in for the sake of wages. You make it sound like we dropped £30 million on him.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2952 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:05 pm So, a season long scouting mission, costing between £5-6 million in wages is good business? I have to disagree.

I would have been "hofiffic" had we signed them on permanent deals and they would only be reserves. Instead, especially in Areola, we've got an excellent backup goalkeeper, who may or may not be with us for longer. Getting real competition in clearly had a positive effect on Fabianski. No complaints here. On Kral, well yeah, maybe a different story and I honestly feel a bit sorry for him. But never easy to find players to be just a backup, as you're only will be, when you have to be cover for one of the best central mid duos in the league.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Stop being fannies.
Bubbles Fortuna

simonirons wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:13 pm Stop being fannies.
In my defense, I didn't tell him he's an annoying troll this time!
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Telegraph have "Newcastle closing in on permanent Jesse Lingard deal"
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I've had my fair share of abuse on here.

However. I'm an old smokey firefighter who laughs at danger and tweaks the nose of terror.

Bring it on. Pardon?
Bubbles Fortuna

Wilko1304 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:17 pm Telegraph have "Newcastle closing in on permanent Jesse Lingard deal"
That would be a shame, I liked him here.