January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 189 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by Cornelius Beal »

Add the wonder goal against Scotland in the summer and it's clear Schick scores all types of goals.
Gets his shots away swiftly, converts from tight angles, good in the air.
You could look at Seb Haller's Bundesliga goals and draw similar comparisons. Do believe though that Schick would be a better fit and Moyes only has to ask his compatriots about his attitude and lifestyle if in doubt.
HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

Kakophonix wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:58 pm And the same time let us keep moaning that West Ham cannot hold its 4th positiion...
Premier League is the best and richiest league in the world
Premire League teams more and more attract fans and TV stations all around the world
London Stadium capacity of 60,000(!) is sold out

Premier League is big. If you want to stay in PL, you must think big. There are literally no easy matches. We see it every week.
So if you want to stay in TOP 6 in this super league...you should probably think super big...
I would understand Burnley or Norwich are having such ambitions like above. New signings for WestHam must be all immediate starting 11 or at least immediate alternating players...not the ones like Kral...Vlasic is on the very edge.

And for those who call for Areola to replace Fabianski immidiately...You have in Fabianski the goalkeepr with 2nd highest number of saves in PL...just think about it for a while :chin: :winker:
A big club, who wants to stay in the Top 4/6 long term, thinks about the now and the future. Those 3 signings could be mainstays in our team if they work out. And if they don’t, you probably still double your profit at the very least at those prices.

I specified that the 3 signings you pointed out shouldn’t be the only signings we make, but the Jan window is notoriously difficult. I would love for us to go about signing 2-3 £30m+ signings this window, but it won’t happen. Those 3 signings, plus 2-3 “now” signings like Lingard, Diallo, Origi, Schick, etc. Would transform this club going forward.

Have to think about the now and the future.
Long Shot
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Long Shot »

Kakophonix wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:57 pm https://www-sport-cz.translate.goog/cla ... r_pto=wapp
This may help to get you into picture
Or was the information about West Ham's interest in your services also mere speculation?

So we definitely don't think about it with my manager. We're heading higher. In addition, West Ham would be nothing for me at the moment with the composition of its team and, for example, the style of play.

He's ****ing dead to me :crossed:
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

22 games played in the Premier League so far. In half of those games we’ve conceded 2+ goals. The question we need to ask ourselves is: What positions do we need to strengthen to prevent this from happening on a regular basis? If we do so we’ll have a better chance of dropping less points. And our attacking players won’t be constantly under pressure having to score 2-4 goals almost every week.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Any sign of caleta car yet ?
Then traore 20m
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Spurs are the club reportedly in for Diego Carlos. Probably a good thing given Tim Vickery’s assessment of him

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ego-Carlos
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

So a top club insider has informed that other site we are not in for Diego Carlos of Sevilla, it would cost £30m and that is too rich for West Ham.

I’m taking that we have no money or very little, probable about 20/25m

This I fear is the window that convinces Rice where his future lies.

What do they say about making the same mistake over and over.

GSB Out.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I quite like the look of that Ben Diaz and find the idea that his youtube goals reel is not quite 'premiershippy' enough amusing. 'Takes too many touches' etc etc. Goals are goals and I don't think we'd go too far wrong simply buying the best young players out of the championship every season. He looks like a good old fashioned, all-round centre forward and most importantly an excellent finisher. A 'stable' alternative to Antonio's chaos theory if you like.

Also - admittedly it's probably the Blackburn kit - but he reminds me a bit of Roque Santa Cruz.
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Morocco Mole wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 am I quite like the look of that Ben Diaz and find the idea that his youtube goals reel is not quite 'premiershippy' enough amusing. 'Takes too many touches' etc etc. Goals are goals and I don't think we'd go too far wrong simply buying the best young players out of the championship every season. He looks like a good old fashioned, all-round centre forward and most importantly an excellent finisher. A 'stable' alternative to Antonio's chaos theory if you like.

Also - admittedly it's probably the Blackburn kit - but he reminds me a bit of Roque Santa Cruz.
Could just be me, but he seems very Dean Ashton-esque in some ways as well.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

wobble wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 am So a top club insider has informed that other site we are not in for Diego Carlos of Sevilla, it would cost £30m and that is too rich for West Ham.

This I fear is the window that convinces Rice where his future lies.

What do they say about making the same mistake over and over.

GSB Out.
Or maybe they just don’t think he’s worth it, especially given his age and tendency to make mistakes? conceding pens in quarter, semi and the final of the UEFA cup as an example.But you’re right this window will give Rice an indication of our ambition or not.
Spanner25
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Spanner25 »

I know we are all commending the club for it's professionalism for keeping quiet about potential targets but what I find strange is are we controlling the other side of the negotiation and telling them to keep quiet too, I highly doubt it.

This is the bit that worries me and makes me think we have not moved for any one. As we know as soon as a club shows interest in a player the agent/selling club lets everyone know as they want to pocket as much money as possible and drive up the cost but we are not hearing a credible peep out of anyone that we have made a concrete offer for a player, all I see is speculation.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

wobble wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 am So a top club insider has informed that other site we are not in for Diego Carlos of Sevilla, it would cost £30m and that is too rich for West Ham.

No… it means we don’t want him, especially at that price. Way over the odds.

GSB have an end date already.
YeOldHammer
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by YeOldHammer »

There is no incentive for GSB to put any more money into the club if they are selling up come 2023, once Kresintsky got the first set of shares in for X price agreed and for the sale of the club to take place on X date at X price.
Very much on the conspiracy train that everything has fallen into place for GSB neatly that they can asset strip Rice this summer and anyone else for a fat wedge to trouser and claim its paying off the debt just before they leave and then leave Kresintsky with the fallout and pieces to pick up.
Got a strong feeling the Summer window will be one of the roughest yet.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

30m on d carlos no thanks. just get caleta car in on loan and philips from liverpool for 12m
no or never for lingard 5m
buchannon 3m
kamara 5m
traore 20m
45m
sell diop 20m to newcastle
masuaka 3m
yarmolenko free
randolph 1m
fredericks 1m
net spend 20m

in the summer get lloyd kelly in 30m

simple this football manager lark !

have a good day everyone. here`s to 3points from manchester and lingard joining saturday night !
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Never change, hm11 :grin:
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Spurs have dropped £90m on Sanchez and Romero already. What’s another £33m?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

steveyrockstar wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:12 am As far as I'm aware, the only recent link came from Major. Not sure anything has been reported in the press or on social media, unless I've missed it.
The £40m Schick thing was doing the rounds before then. A week ago, Calcio Mercato mentioned it.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

We really lack ambition
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The bits and pieces this morning are about Lewis-Potter (Hull), Carvalho (Fulham) and Cadamateri (Sheff Wed). That's basically an U23 team attack.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

simon hammer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:57 am Could just be me, but he seems very Dean Ashton-esque in some ways as well.
Round shouldered and slightly lumpy looking. Choppy feet where he does that lay off, turn around and get on your bike thing Deano used to do, and a few examples of that power technique shot.

I don’t think he’s good enough for what we need to be honest, but if we sign him I’m sure I’ll jump on board and be excited about it. Young Championship players make it easy to do so because you know that if they hit, they’ll be with you for a long time and likely form a connection with the fans.