The Johnson Government 2019-2022

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-2024

Post by ageing hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:08 pm Rees Mogg as Stand in PM. Conservative leader Hmmmmm
Would he be like Dawson or Diop
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

ageing hammer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:04 pm Would he be like Dawson or Diop
He'll be decent at doing the 'draft excluder' at free kicks.
Last edited by wolf359 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:53 am I'm not going to post it here as it's horrendously libellous but there's a photo of a document with that MPs name on doing the rounds. Can see why he wouldn't fancy being threatened with embarrassing stories being released :lol:

On a serious note, I would imagine threatening to mess with funding for pet projects an MP is pushing is pretty normal for whips but suggesting they would **** over the whole constituency should be food for thought to those that believe the Conservatives care about the working classes.
Nothing new and not something unique to the Tories, it's just an extension of government contracts going to firms in certain constituencies in an attempt to swing votes......
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Johnson says he 'sees no evidence' of these things.

Well thats that then, case closed.
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

This seems ominous for Johnson & others.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Pretty sure you could have saved £900k by simply getting someone to pick up the phone and ask someone with half an idea if this was viable.
Nearly £900,000 of taxpayers’ money was spent on a study commissioned by Boris Johnson which found it would be too expensive to build a bridge or tunnel between Scotland and Northern Ireland.

PA reports:

The Department for Transport (DfT) said the research into the feasibility of a fixed link cost £896,681.

Network Rail chairman Sir Peter Hendy led the investigation, which found that a bridge would cost £335 billion, while a tunnel would require a budget of around £209 billion.

His report concluded that the project “would be impossible to justify” as “the benefits could not possibly outweigh the costs”. In addition to the huge expense, the inquiry also noted that the necessary work would be incredibly challenging.

Johnson previously talked up the creation of a fixed link but accepted the conclusion of the report.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Yet another vanity project for a moron PM who wanted to put his name to something long lasting.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Junco Partner wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:00 am William Wragg MP accuses government of blackmail & intimidation over treatment of suspected rebel Tory MP's, including threats to withdraw investments in constituencies. He's urging affected MP's to go to the police

This 'government' is a mess.
Bodger Johnson: "No evidence, nothing to see here, (in Arsene Wenger's voice) I didn't see it, case closed, moving forward, COVID!"..
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Then it'll be:
"There appears to have been some blackmail & intimidation but it was all done within the guidelines"
Followed by:
"I'm appalled and furious at the blackmail & intimidation on my behalf by people employed by me but I knew nothing about it"
Then the classic:
"Okay I knew about it but thought it was just conversations, not blackmail & intimidation"
Then the latest hit:
"There will be an investigation into all this by Sue Clark"
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Angry shouting at the dispatch box “MISTAKES HAVE BEEN MADE…” etc
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Junco Partner wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:53 pm Then it'll be:
"There appears to have been some blackmail & intimidation but it was all done within the guidelines"
Followed by:
"I'm appalled and furious at the blackmail & intimidation on my behalf by people employed by me but I knew nothing about it"
Then the classic:
"Okay I knew about it but thought it was just conversations, not blackmail & intimidation"
Then the latest hit:
"There will be an investigation into all this by Sue Clark"
I hope she's better than Sue Gray..
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Are we taking bets on when Sue Gray comes out with her findings? I'm getting rather bored waiting now, is there seriously that much **** to sift through or is she hoping it will all blow over? :crylol:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^ It's supposed to be next week.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Not sure what is worse, the abject leadership of Bozo or the faux outrage about party whips intimidating people.

Boris needs to go. Important issues are being ignored over the utter pantomime he has presided over. He is a disgrace.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

djclipz wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:00 pm Are we taking bets on when Sue Gray comes out with her findings? I'm getting rather bored waiting now, is there seriously that much **** to sift through or is she hoping it will all blow over? :crylol:
Waiting for The Queen to die.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Seems to me most people think Johnson's a lying ****. That's virtually a given. The Tories have(unlike other parties) a reputation for binning their leaders in a ruthless fashion. The longer he clings on, the more people will question he judgement of the ruling party and this is more risky for them than the man himself.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Tenbury wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:52 am Seems to me most people think Johnson's a lying ****. That's virtually a given. The Tories have(unlike other parties) a reputation for binning their leaders in a ruthless fashion. The longer he clings on, the more people will question he judgement of the ruling party and this is more risky for them than the man himself.
On the flip side, he serves a purpose as some sort of meat shield. There is a whole load of **** heading his way via the real wage squeeze that is already happening. I think you are right that it is damaging to their "brand" but the new leader is going to look like a **** straight away when people immediately start getting poorer and want answers from the person in charge.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

The man is such a cock, that he hasn't even realised that if he hadn't been a lying twat, if he hadn't had these parties, if he hadn't stuck by Cummings (although I hold my hands up and confess I got that one wrong too), he actually could have come out of this smelling of roses and be on his best ratings ever and be a shoe-in for another term.

The biggest ever welfare and financial support scheme during the main Virus outbreaks (Although it didn't help everyone, it helped most).

Some of the least stringent 'lock-down' rules of any of the leading nations.

One of the better performing economies whilst the world came out of lockdown.

Not blinking and panicking when the Omicron variant hit.

There's probably more I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Of course, depending on what side of the fence you sit on, there's the Elephant in the room called Brexit, but I'm still not prepared to stick my head on the block and say it's been a failure, simply because of the unprecedented times we're living in and have lived in since Brexit happened, and it's going to need a much longer term assessment before it can be definitively said either way how good and bad it's been - as a lot of the failure arguments thus far, other countries are experiencing as a result of the pandemic and other things, such as supply chain issues, raising energy prices, etc.

Him and his cronies have totally ****ed it for themselves by thinking they could lie, bluster and cheat, whilst not adhering to rules and regulations that they imposed on the people, but thought it was to becoming of them to do it themselves.

If he and them had just got on with the job, and not been absolute idiots, not taken the system and the public for a ride, I personally think that the government would quite rightly, be deserving of a pat on the back - but they're not getting that because they took the piss out of us, with personal greed and gratification being their undoing, rather than piss-poor policy.

What a bunch of ****ing idiots.

It does beg the question though - is why there things have taken so long to come out in to the public domain. It must have been an open secret in parliament, I fail to believe it's been kept quiet for so long with no other MPs from all sides knowing about it - and yet they've been sitting on it for almost two years for some of it.

All sides are drinking from the same trough.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

I think the timing can be tied to how hard many people are about to get ****ed by further squeezes to the cost of living. It's going to be brutal and two of the biggest hits (NI rise and energy bills) will come in to play just before the local elections in May. Quite handy for the tories to have a sitting duck leader in place by that point that they can hang all of the blame on (either for his actions or inactions).

New broom in the summer, standard tory/Dr Who regeneration over the 12 months after that where they pretend those people in charge for the last 10 years weren't them (even though half of them were in the cabinet) and then try to get another 5 years with an election next April/May.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

It sounds like the ********s on the back benches are equally as bad as the cabinet.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/pork- ... 1642678710