January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Gsbgsb
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by Gsbgsb »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:01 pm Completely agree mate. I'm sure there are a few on that list who are unattainable, Schlotterbeck comes to mind as he is headed for Bayern I reckon. But what you say about needing to pay a little extra if you have to, to bring them into the project and push for constant Europe and maybe even CL is spot on.
Pay a little extra like we did with Haller and Anderson? That worked out so well.

I am surprised that people believe Moyes has simply been sitting on his bottom doing nothing all window when even his quotes make it clear he has not. We have looked at players we wanted - who knows some may well be on that list - but those players are, for various reasons, not available this window.

Do posters seriously think that we have identified a player, been told he is available on an acceptable deal (which might include a January premium) and that he wants to come and then done nothing?

A far more plausible scenario is the players Moyes believes might improve the team/squad are not currently available. I am personally happy that he is not then followed the regime previously in place of we will go sign someone else (possibly on loan from PSG) irrespective of their value to the team/squad. I am amazed (following the correct criticism over the years) that so many want to return to the days of Sullivan and anyone will do.
alski
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by alski »

Long Ball Merchant wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:52 am This is good

Like the look of both Aguerd & Burkardt. Would definitely be exciting signings. How much is Burkardt valued at though? He’s hyped as the next big thing in Germany… Kessie is very decent also but I think we’ll only get in a CB and a forward this window so not worth getting excited or annoyed by atm.

Only an opinion, but I’m sure there will be one or two in before the window closes. New part owner who’s minted, new recruitment guy who’s got a point to prove and reputation to up keep and Mr Moyes who surely knows that with a few quality additions the Europa League is a real possibility. He’ll for sure want to win that and knows this special group of players with a bit more added have every chance. :scarfer:
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

LB CB CF needed hurry up west ham
Felixstowesfinest
Has liked: 251 likes
Total likes: 112 likes

Post by Felixstowesfinest »

alski wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:38 pm Like the look of both Aguerd & Burkardt.

I Like the cut of your jib squire
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

What's Marco Boogers up to these days? Or Sammassi Abou?

In all seriousness I'd be surprised if we didn't bring at least one new face in before the window closes.

No leaking of info these days it seems, so we might be surprised, just like I was to see Cresswell re-appear the other day.

10 days to go, lets try and remain positive.
Gsbgsb

Post by Gsbgsb »

Rust wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:31 pm Also, City are able to pay that up front.

Sullivan on the other hand offers an endless list of clauses...
You do not need to add “up front” just that City are able to pay that.

Let us say we want Lloyd Kelly and he is viewed at least as good on here as Ake as seems to be the case.

Ake cost £40m when relegated, Bournemouth are in a promotion push and say to us Kelly will cost you £50m this window given his importance and our position (Blackburn might do similar with Brereton). Any of the Sky 6 might just be in a position to say Ok (White at £50m for example).

Are you seriously suggesting we can and should do deals like this?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2578 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

So this window we've been linked with:

Cadamateri
Lewis Potter
Johnson
Carvalho
Worrall
Ake
Brereton
Cabral
Schick
Lingard
Origi
Phillips
Kelly
Tarkowski
Sarr
Hlozek
Sosa
Kurzawa
Hazard
Hickey
Buchanan
Kamara
El Ghazi
Maitland-Niles
Robinson
Barak
Adarabioyo
Süle
Szalai
Bayo
Caleta-Car

Have I missed anyone?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

How much for the whole lot Burnley? Discount for cash?
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

I think us hammers fans are getting quite agitated about the lack transfer activity because a lot of us haven't seen a west ham side as consistent as this in their lifetime and we fear without new faces its going to dissappear, never to return. I am also one of these people.
However, I think David moyes is rather chilled about it as he is confident in what he has, and therefore is happy to play the waiting game for the right player. He sees the ball firmly in his court which is fair enough.

The main issue with constantly waiting for the right player is that I'm not sure that a 1 in 1 out (per window) transfer policy is going to match the ambitions of our best players.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Gsbgsb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:35 pm Pay a little extra like we did with Haller and Anderson? That worked out so well.
This really is the laziest argument I see when it comes to West Ham and transfers. There's just no point in formulating a proper response to this, is there?
Gsbgsb

Post by Gsbgsb »

You have missed the one player we probably were seriously considering who has moved in Digne.

I suspect had we been willing to pay £25m and around £150k a week (if reported figures are true) we might have had a serious chance of getting him. Whilst many might claim our failure shows lack of ambition to push on for top 4 this window for me the fee is borderline but the wages over the top.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1597 likes
Total likes: 1653 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:40 pm That is because the poor sod is knackered, but still we do stuff all about it. Sorry, but this one is on Moyes
Indeed. I'm not saying it is Antonio's fault really. Just that it is a main issue for our lack of results against middle to lower teams.

Moyes is the one who needs to address it and take blame. Antonio is exhausted at times and his game goes from a 7 or 8 out of 10 to 3/10.

Fingers crossed we get someone in asap. Even Lingard would be immense as a front 4 from Fornals, Benny, Vlasic, Bowen, Lingard would be fine for when Antonio is rested.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:40 pm Sorry, but this one is on Moyes
So you'd rather he just spunked the small amount of money he gets given for transfers on another Sully special?

Do you honestly think Moyes is comfortable with us being so short on cover? Of course he's not. Its obvious to absolutely anyone with an ounce of football nous that we are painfully short in certain areas. But its also refreshing that we finally have someone who actually wants to build something special. And that wont happen overnight
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

Even you have been a west ham supporter for along time you learn not to get to over excited if we get players good if not we will all have a moan and when we don't win anything or get top 4 it will be the same as the last 42 years which I'm expecting it to be
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

I am Legend wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:58 pm Moyes is the one who needs to address it and take blame.
****ing hell I give up
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Gsbgsb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:35 pm Pay a little extra like we did with Haller and Anderson? That worked out so well.

I am surprised that people believe Moyes has simply been sitting on his bottom doing nothing all window when even his quotes make it clear he has not. We have looked at players we wanted - who knows some may well be on that list - but those players are, for various reasons, not available this window.

Do posters seriously think that we have identified a player, been told he is available on an acceptable deal (which might include a January premium) and that he wants to come and then done nothing?

A far more plausible scenario is the players Moyes believes might improve the team/squad are not currently available. I am personally happy that he is not then followed the regime previously in place of we will go sign someone else (possibly on loan from PSG) irrespective of their value to the team/squad. I am amazed (following the correct criticism over the years) that so many want to return to the days of Sullivan and anyone will do.
The problem is that waiting and "go Sully mental" aren't the two options.

And we can't forever say "Haller and Anderson didnt work for us" as a reason not to go to certain fees.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9651 likes

Post by S-H »

We are actually a bloody decent side for the first time in a long time, so improving on that, with a limited budget is never going to be easy, it's almost as if transfers are being carefully considered or something..

Madness...
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2025 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:53 pm because a lot of us haven't seen a west ham side as consistent as this in their lifetime and we fear without new faces its going to dissappear, never to return.
Not so sure on the last bit, but this is the best side we've had in a while. I will however add that this is the 4th time in about 8 years that we have been in this sort of position in January and not signed what we need in January.
3rd under Allardyce, we made one striker signing on a free. Finished 12th.
5th/6th under Bilic, we signed Emenike on loan. Finished 7th.
5th under Moyes, we signed Lingard, sold Haller. Finished 6th.
Now we are 4th under Moyes and there will certainly be frustration that failure to get what we need in January, could see us not make the most of another good opportunity. Especially when we have the likes of Rice and Bowen. We want to be showing them why they should stay.

Hopefully Moyes manages to sort it.
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

Gsbgsb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:55 pm Whilst many might claim our failure shows lack of ambition to push on for top 4 this window for me the fee is borderline but the wages over the top.
Pay 150k to a signing, we do improve that one position but equally the amazing team spirit that's been built over the past 2 years gets a hefty kick in the b*llocks

Unfortunately though we live in the Champ Manager age where everyone is an expert