The Johnson Government 2019-2022

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-2024

Post by sendô »

Junco Partner wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:53 pm Then it'll be:
"There appears to have been some blackmail & intimidation but it was all done within the guidelines"
Followed by:
"I'm appalled and furious at the blackmail & intimidation on my behalf by people employed by me but I knew nothing about it"
Then the classic:
"Okay I knew about it but thought it was just conversations, not blackmail & intimidation"
Then the latest hit:
"There will be an investigation into all this by Sue Clark"
The classic four stage strategy.

Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 564 likes
Total likes: 921 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Get off the fence Rory Stewart, say what you feel:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Re: The Johnson Government 2019-202?

Post by Puff Daddy »

Give the gig to Rees- Mogg and then you'll all see what a real baddie looks like
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

-DL- wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:04 am The man is such a cock, that he hasn't even realised that if he hadn't been a lying twat, if he hadn't had these parties, if he hadn't stuck by Cummings (although I hold my hands up and confess I got that one wrong too), he actually could have come out of this smelling of roses and be on his best ratings ever and be a shoe-in for another term.

The biggest ever welfare and financial support scheme during the main Virus outbreaks (Although it didn't help everyone, it helped most).

Some of the least stringent 'lock-down' rules of any of the leading nations.

One of the better performing economies whilst the world came out of lockdown.

Not blinking and panicking when the Omicron variant hit.

There's probably more I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Of course, depending on what side of the fence you sit on, there's the Elephant in the room called Brexit, but I'm still not prepared to stick my head on the block and say it's been a failure, simply because of the unprecedented times we're living in and have lived in since Brexit happened, and it's going to need a much longer term assessment before it can be definitively said either way how good and bad it's been - as a lot of the failure arguments thus far, other countries are experiencing as a result of the pandemic and other things, such as supply chain issues, raising energy prices, etc.

Him and his cronies have totally ****ed it for themselves by thinking they could lie, bluster and cheat, whilst not adhering to rules and regulations that they imposed on the people, but thought it was to becoming of them to do it themselves.

If he and them had just got on with the job, and not been absolute idiots, not taken the system and the public for a ride, I personally think that the government would quite rightly, be deserving of a pat on the back - but they're not getting that because they took the piss out of us, with personal greed and gratification being their undoing, rather than piss-poor policy.

What a bunch of ****ing idiots.

It does beg the question though - is why there things have taken so long to come out in to the public domain. It must have been an open secret in parliament, I fail to believe it's been kept quiet for so long with no other MPs from all sides knowing about it - and yet they've been sitting on it for almost two years for some of it.

All sides are drinking from the same trough.
This is the most spot on thing I have read regarding this whole debacle.
Very well put DL. Sums it up perfectly for me. :newthumb:
666 hammer
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by 666 hammer »

:idea:
Junco Partner wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:40 pm Get off the fence Rory Stewart, say what you feel:
Rory is not suitable to be a Tory. He doesn't beleive in democracy, unless it suits him.
He is a usefull idiot for those with a certain agenda. But good try Haggis UK, British and EU flag! I wonder why he takes Rory Stewart seriously?
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

In what way does Stewart not believe in democracy?

Do you think, for example, that attempting to prorogue parliament is democratic?

The “useful idiot” is clearly a lot smarter than the current Prime Minister. What is Johnson if not a useful idiot? A useless idiot?

Also, whilst you might not like him, he’s clearly correct in what he said.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

EvilC wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 am In what way does Stewart not believe in democracy?

Do you think, for example, that attempting to prorogue parliament is democratic?

The “useful idiot” is clearly a lot smarter than the current Prime Minister. What is Johnson if not a useful idiot? A useless idiot?

Also, whilst you might not like him, he’s clearly correct in what he said.
The (old) argument here being that said poroguing wouldn't have been necessary if parliament wasn't trying to swerve enacting the result of a democratic referendum.
Saying that, Rory Stewart does appear to be one of the better ones.....
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

delbert wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:23 am The (old) argument here being that said poroguing wouldn't have been necessary if parliament wasn't trying to swerve enacting the result of a democratic referendum.
Saying that, Rory Stewart does appear to be one of the better ones.....
Parliament itself is a democratic process. Having democracy by shutting it down is, frankly, b*llocks.

He is indeed one of the better ones. It isn’t surprising that the Conservatives spurned him to elect human excrement instead.
666 hammer
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by 666 hammer »

Better for who...... As always things are subjective. I am sure he believes he knows better than those struggling for years in the EU. We can change it from within..... How many times has that been said only to fail.
delbert

Post by delbert »

Parliament itself is a democratic process. Having democracy by shutting it down is, frankly, b*llocks.

I think of it more as committing one crime to prevent another, like criminal damage to prevent a hate crime.............
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

delbert wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:36 am I think of it more as committing one crime to prevent another, like criminal damage to prevent a hate crime.............
You can file that under b*llocks as well.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by Tenbury »

666 hammer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:32 am Better for who...... As always things are subjective. I am sure he believes he knows better than those struggling for years in the EU. We can change it from within..... How many times has that been said only to fail.
I'm not sure of the relevance of Brexit has in the present debacle(see D. Davies) but speaking as someone who voted leave (twice) I'd far rather be led by someone with some measure of conviction and dignity than than the present lying incompetent sh*tstain.
delbert

Post by delbert »

EvilC wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:41 am You can file that under b*llocks as well.
Trying to overturn or swerve enacting the results of a referendum = undemocratic
Poroguing parliament = undemocratic

Highlighting the second whilst ignoring the first (especially as the second only came about due to the first) can be filed under utter b*llocks in the selectively ignoring facts to suit an argument folder.........
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

delbert wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:42 am Trying to overturn or swerve enacting the results of a referendum = undemocratic

Highlighting the second whilst ignoring the first (especially as the second only came about due to the first) can be filed under utter b*llocks in the selectively ignoring facts to suit an argument folder.........
Everything that was done by Grieve et al was done to give parliament a say. Giving your parliament a say in democratic process is not undemocratic.

I’m glad we agree that proroguing is undemocratic though.
delbert

Post by delbert »

EvilC wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:51 am Everything that was done by Grieve et al was done to give parliament a say. Giving your parliament a say in democratic process is not undemocratic.

I’m glad we agree that proroguing is undemocratic though.
Just a shame you're incapable of seeing that what led to the poroguing was as well, then all would be harmony and cuddles on NUMB this fine morning.........
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

delbert wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:25 am Just a shame you're incapable of seeing that what led to the poroguing was as well, then all would be harmony and cuddles on NUMB this fine morning.........
That was what lead to it but it doesn’t make it undemocratic.

“We were only utter shits because someone made us do it”, say utter shits.
Last edited by EvilC on Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

666 hammer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:29 am :idea:
Rory is not suitable to be a Tory. He doesn't beleive in democracy, unless it suits him.
Stewart's line in the sand was no deal. He had hardly been a bar to Brexit before that. He most certainly wasn't a stop Brexit at any cost guy. He always seemed pretty sensible and reasonable to me tbh.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

It's interesting that taking the piss out of the country by getting on the piss during lockdown is what's causing major damage to the Tories rep as the party of law and order.

You'd think people would have noticed that was b*llocks over the last 6 years.

Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"

Post by Junco Partner »

12 years of austerity cuts has an impact. Who knew eh?

Still, our millionaires and billionaires are doing well :newthumb:
Junco Partner

Post by Junco Partner »

delbert wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:42 am Trying to overturn or swerve enacting the results of a referendum = undemocratic

Trying to get an agreement acceptable to the wishes of a majority of our democratically elected representatives after an advisory referendum in line with all norms of our constitution and parliamentary processes = LAWFUL

Lying to the Queen to prorogue a parliament because your not getting your own way = UNLAWFUL (as proven in court).

That's the crucial difference here. And should have been a massive red-flag for any right thinking Tory about the character of the man, whether Brexit-leaning or not.