January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1515 likes
Total likes: 3180 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by Wilko1304 »

Lovejoy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:54 pm 100% I don’t get this that Antonio is the best CF we’ve had, especially in a long time. If we count Arnautovic as a CF then he is twice the player Antonio is.
One is our record Premier League goalscorer, the other is ifs and buts.
ZazaPenaltyRunup wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:34 pm If anyone seriously thinks another striker with good finishing wouldn't put away more goals than Antonio, you're on one.
If anyone thinks this is the argument around a striker, or Moyes's reason for not buying another, you're on one.

Antonio statistically better on shot creation, defending from the front. Antonio last two seasons and Arnie's two seasons, both players scored 0.15 goals per shot.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:31 pm An update from Ex just now on his Patreon….

Following a discussion yesterday, between all that are concerned with West Ham transfers, we are lead to believe that a few offers were submitted for players of which all have been rejected.

I think the club are still looking to do something with Caleta-Carr but prefer a loan move. It may be the case that the club have to take a gamble and try and sign the player, which is what Marseille want them to do. Nikola Vlašić is already said to have spoken to his compatriot about the move.

As covered multiple times this window the French market is very appealing to us both in talent and financial aspects for both defence and forward positions.

Moyes still wants Lingard, this is ongoing and I think could go right to the end but I don’t think the player will opt to join us this month anyway but the club are still going to try until the last minute and then other options that we have listed could be explored.

Moyes still remains keen on other previous targets in the shape of Youssef En-Nesyri of Sevilla although he is at the African Nations at the moment and despite the imminent arrival of Anthony Martial he is unlikely to leave this window and could be a summer target. Eddie Nketiah of Arsenal is another who we have looked at previously, Arsenal are said to be reluctant to allow him to move to us however again because we are challenging them for a top 4 position. The player is available for a free in the summer.

The club are expected to make further enquiries for other players discussed in this meeting. There are often late players who come available due to domino effects elsewhere and the club are not ruling that out again.

Longelo’s potential move to Forest, which we exclusively broke to you all, is still being discussed with other clubs showing an interest in the player as well as other academy players discussing loan moves as we speak too. Longelo could be allowed to leave on a permanent deal and the fee is currently being negotiated. A loan move may also be explored as an alternative.
Well that’s depressing.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:28 pm Wasting his talent at a lower mid-table side. Like he did for most part of his career. Currently at Bologna (nice city!) in Serie A.

Basket case player.
Spot on, sad but true
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

hammerman11 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:21 pm Spurs have 3 strokers kane son birdwyn
Are you reminiscing over the time that Bent and Keane were up front?
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

So we are going to pursue Lingard up to the last minute, and then explore other options.

Anyone else see the flaw in this….
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Wilko1304 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:30 pm One is our record Premier League goalscorer, the other is ifs and buts.

If anyone thinks this is the argument around a striker, or Moyes's reason for not buying another, you're on one.

Antonio statistically better on shot creation, defending from the front. Antonio last two seasons and Arnie's two seasons, both players scored 0.15 goals per shot.
He’s only our record premier league goal scorer as he was the only option for the last few years - that’s the point… had Defoe been here for the last few years do you not think he would have scored/beaten our record as well?
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 178 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:31 pm Eddie Nketiah of Arsenal is another who we have looked at previously, Arsenal are said to be reluctant to allow him to move to us however again because we are challenging them for a top 4 position. The player is available for a free in the summer.
Thank god for that - I'd rather have Origi, who I don't rate at all
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Still think we'll bring in 2 players
Xabbu
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Xabbu »

Georgee Paris wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:38 pm He’s only our record premier league goal scorer as he was the only option for the last few years - that’s the point… had Defoe been here for the last few years do you not think he would have scored/beaten our record as well?
Not necessarily, games changed, formations changed. Talent overcomes only so much
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Post by S-H »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:43 pm Still think we'll bring in 2 players
I'm starting to sweat..
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

Must admit, I'm as frustrated and ****ed off as anyone with our (lack of) transfer activity this window. It almost feels like writing this season off but it does look that it's near impossible to sign anyone decent this month - unless you pay way, way over the odds for any targets. Which only Newcastle can afford to do.

I mean how much just to take a massive gamble on someone like Ben Brereton Diaz to tempt 2nd place Blackburn to bite in Jan? It would have to be £30m+ and likelihood is that he'd have a similar impact to Adam Armstrong at Southampton. (Obviously better than Yarmolenko still, but at such a cost??).

I'd love Broja, but he's not going to be available at all this window because of the Southampton loan deal (presumably).

Newcastle are literally bribing Lingard to join them with unprecedented stacks of cash for a loan.

Maybe there's an outside chance En-Nesyri might become available last minute.

I'm truly peed off. But the market seems *****.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

BigFatSam wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:33 pm Well that’s depressing.
It is. No.other club ****'s about like this. Every bid submitted rejected and still, in the case of Caleta-Car, Marseilles have made it clear, they are not entertaining a loan, but we are still holding out for it.
Ironheart
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 122 likes

Post by Ironheart »

steveyrockstar wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:46 pm Must admit, I'm as frustrated and ****ed off as anyone with our (lack of) transfer activity this window. It almost feels like writing this season off but it does look that it's near impossible to sign anyone decent this month - unless you pay way, way over the odds for any targets. Which only Newcastle can afford to do.

I mean how much just to take a massive gamble on someone like Ben Brereton Diaz to tempt 2nd place Blackburn to bite in Jan? It would have to be £30m+ and likelihood is that he'd have a similar impact to Adam Armstrong at Southampton. (Obviously better than Yarmolenko still, but at such a cost??).

I'd love Broja, but he's not going to be available at all this window because of the Southampton loan deal (presumably).

Newcastle are literally bribing Lingard to join them with unprecedented stacks of cash for a loan.

But not for other teams. Weird that
Xabbu
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Xabbu »

steveyrockstar wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:46 pm Must admit, I'm as frustrated and ****ed off as anyone with our (lack of) transfer activity this window. It almost feels like writing this season off but it does look that it's near impossible to sign anyone decent this month - unless you pay way, way over the odds for any targets. Which only Newcastle can afford to do.

I think it’s brilliant, no one has a fuc**ng clue. Long may that continue
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:23 pm £15m for Caleta-Car doesn't seem a lot. Not even really a gamble at that price. Hopefully that's one we can get done and not decide against as we can't loan him.
Looked a bit shaky at the Euros I thought. Worry he could be another Kral?

Wonder why Marseilles are keen to sell.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

sendô wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:36 pm Remember the January 2011 transfer window when we desperately signed Wayne Bridge and Robbie Keane to solve our left back and striker problems.

How **** were they?
Meaning what?
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

SSN reporting that Spurs are in talks to Sign Luis Diaz from Porto.
A big statement of intent from Spurs that they're taking European qualification seriously this season.
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

"Still pursuing Lingard" and even worse, "Will continue to do so up until the last minute". This obsession should surely have been put to bed 6 months ago! In any other situation Moyes would have had a restraining order put out on him. It's tantamount to ffing stalking!
Last edited by Hermit_Road on Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

The problem with signing Caleta Car is that the competition he would be more comfortable with,in the short term, is Europa Cup and he is ineligible.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Post by S-H »

Ozza wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:55 pmMeaning what?
Just reminiscing, innit.