Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:28 pm I still wear band t-shirts. Today I'm wearing a Public Image Ltd t-shirt. I also have a couple of Carter USM t-shirts.

I also have a C64 tshirt, a sensible soccer tshirt, and a Linux tshirt.... mainly because I'm a sad nerd.
Burnley I’m liking you more and more each day!

Sensible Soccer is the best football game ever, especially the slight change of the payers names. Conte was a particular favourite of mine. . . .
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2701 likes

Post by sendô »

Yeah it's jeans and a polo necked tshirt for me as casual wear, and when I get home the jeans come off and the jogging bottoms go on.

I'll admit I have recently got into wearing pyjamas around the house when it's cold. I've never known comfort like it.
kenthammer
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 398 likes

Post by kenthammer »

sendô wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:09 pm Yeah it's jeans and a polo necked tshirt for me as casual wear, and when I get home the jeans come off and the jogging bottoms go on.

I'll admit I have recently got into wearing pyjamas around the house when it's cold. I've never known comfort like it.
Don't forget the slippers
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 334 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 am I have a 49 year old mate who dresses like this, many have said something to him but he continues to dress like an 18 year old, he also carries a little bit of weight, so tight tops realllyyy are not the way forward. On one hand I think fair play, but then I see him and think you soppy ****.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

sendô wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:09 pm Yeah it's jeans and a polo necked tshirt for me as casual wear, and when I get home the jeans come off and the jogging bottoms go on.
Officially 'slouch time' at our gaff
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

Names that have 'ie' or 'y' or 'ey' added to them, usually people that you don't actually know to give this wanky, faux, 'matey' illusion.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2701 likes

Post by sendô »

kenthammer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:51 pm Don't forget the slippers
After we stayed at the MiL house at Christmas I accidentally left my slippers there and had to walk around at home slipperless for TWO DAYS.

My feet felt naked.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:34 pm Names that have 'ie' or 'y' or 'ey' added to them, usually people that you don't actually know to give this wanky, faux, 'matey' illusion.
The names Scotty. :rofl:
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Side note but have you seen what some 80s/90s band tees sell for nowadays?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I think I say this every year in here about this time so why not keep up the tradition. The bloody Transfer thread. So much squabbling!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

My Missus putting a tube of Anusol haemorrhoid cream in the same area of the bathroom drawer as a tube of Savolon antiseptic cream.

The tubes are very similar in colours and it turns out I have been using piles cream on a spot at the back of my neck for weeks. :oops:

Lucky I didn't put the antiseptic one on me ring piece :fire:
wolf359
Has liked: 1588 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

ageing hammer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:34 pm Lucky I didn't put the antiseptic one on me ring piece :fire:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

More like the start of Bonanza :crylol:

Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1971 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:59 am I wear bootcut and I think I look rather nice in them. I like them to be stretchy and tight at the top so that it shows off my amazing bottom and muscular thighs. Then I like them to be a bit looser at the bottom and flare out a touch.
Who's going to tell him?
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 334 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Ben wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:37 am Side note but have you seen what some 80s/90s band tees sell for nowadays?
I think most of it's wishful thinking mate. Some of the prices are insane and quite frankly if you pay that sort of money for a t-shirt then you really have far much more money than sense.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1593 likes

Post by alf git »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:10 pm Who's going to tell him?
He knows. Deep down, he knows.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by Rio »

If reaching a certain age means I’m not supposed to wear band shirts, football shirts, jeans etcThen basically I have 3 actual shirts and a couple of jumpers.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1667 likes
Total likes: 517 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Aways been a jeans and T shirt guy. Don't own - and haven't since I was 19 - a suit and a tie. Don't have any shoes, just deck shoes and Dunlop sneakers. Love "longewear" for home use after I discovered it in the USA. Simply put, baggy, lightweight clothes that are lighter than a track suit yet more substantial than pjyamas. Comfortable as f***.

I've got one pair of black canvas strides and a few pairs of Dockers for more smart/casual affairs. One dark blue Celvin Klein Jacket I bought in the USA for peanuts but that's about as formal as I get.

I don't do formal - it's not me. This all brings back a memory. Back in the day the woman I was dating was a big cheese promoter in the music scene. She bought this flouncy dress for the Brits (when the Brits was a posh do) and assumed I would accompany her. I pointed out that I had absolutely 0 formal clothes and wasn't intending to to buy any either. She suggested hiring some, I said that it would be a waste of money and I would feel uncomfortable and awkward in them - there was also an element of compromising my values and that would make me uneasy.

Cue a massive row. She went mental (as was her thng). Her coup de grace was "Well you are not coming now, I'm going with somene else!" My reply was something like: "Good! Go with whoever you want to this poncey, over rated, ego fest. I didn't want to go in the first place and now you've settled the matter and made me a very very happyman. When you are at your shitty bash, I'll be down the pub with my mates having a great time. Bye."

And I did exactly that. Needless to say it was the begining of the end of our relationship.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

WHU Independent wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:04 pmI don't do formal - it's not me. This all brings back a memory. Back in the day the woman I was dating was a big cheese promoter in the music scene. She bought this flouncy dress for the Brits (when the Brits was a posh do) and assumed I would accompany her.
Sounds awful. Unless you were going to do 'a Jarvis Cocker' at someone..