Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rozzop
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 111 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Rozzop »

Anybody have the stats of games we have won and lost when Rice isn't in the side the last few years?

We have some good players so don't want to give all the credit to Rice but the difference when he came on was like night and day.

Even the difference between "prime" Noble is like night and day. From everything to the way he plays on the pitch to the way he gives interviews.

He really has turned into the clubs heartbeat.
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

What will be will be...nothing worse can happen to us than leaving the boleyn..I thought it was the end of the world but we will always be west ham .Getting sentimental have had 7 desperados(drinks not fellas)
blahblahblah
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 237 likes

Post by blahblahblah »

He would improve every team in the world. In all but the best teams he'd be the best player on the pitch. Even then he'd still probably be the most influential.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1951 likes
Total likes: 604 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Rice is special on and off the pitch.Always speaks well,when interviewed.

There are only probably only a handful of West Ham players in West Ham's history that would get into ANY team in World Football,His one of them.

His the next England captain.Let's be honest,he should be the skipper now.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

In a way, it’s a shame that Real or Barca are broke.

They might be corrupt sides but at least they are Spanish corrupt sides and not English ones.

It would be infinitely easier to watch this kid reach the top with one of those two than if he goes to the usual suspects in our league.

Until then, it would mean the world if he won us a trophy.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

Declan dragged us through the game today - without him we would have lost today - if only we had invested in the transfer window....

GSB OUT and ****ing out
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 4743 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

MadMart wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:01 pm Declan dragged us through the game today - without him we would have lost today - if only we had invested in the transfer window....

GSB OUT and ****ing out
We shouldn't let the players off for that abject performance by giving them the excuse of a poor window.

They were playing a team in the 6th division, they should have been able to dispatch them easily.
SiO
Has liked: 562 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by SiO »

100m quid? Bugger off. Priceless
The Straw
Has liked: 595 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by The Straw »

Bilic'sLimp wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:41 pm He looked great against this non-league side
What point are you trying to make here?
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:55 pm We shouldn't let the players off for that abject performance by giving them the excuse of a poor window.

They were playing a team in the 6th division, they should have been able to dispatch them easily.
True in sentiment but never thought I would say it now but we were a one man team today and certainly every fan of other clubs will be saying that, let’s hope it doesn’t get into the psyche of whatever level of player Moyes claims we are seeking because our level without him won’t be encouraging them to come. That performance and I know you shouldn’t judge simply upon one game but was so bad it’s difficult not to, really does rub in the fact that not achieving this season in the name of building for some nebulous future past two windows will be both short sighted and potentially very costly. Moyes told us only yesterday that he doesn’t see not buying in this window as a risk, well I would say one game has shown the worrying delusion in that statement that we all feared come the rest of the season. We may yet get away with it like today but I have far less confidence than the flaky amount I started with. It would be such a shame if all the good work Moyes has put in is submerged in that overwhelming feeling of lost opportunity that threatens in the next year or so esp if by far our best player leaves this Summer. However be it his own lack of urgency and realisation or alternatively his overt covering for the actions of his employers in not supporting him he really will not be in a position to complain should his reputation and stock decline as quickly with the fan base as it grew. Maybe in the end for all his positive qualities a certain lack of vision and foresight might again be his undoing. I hope it doesn’t work out that way mind but I do fear without Rice and at the pace he works it’s going to be deeply Challenging to keep up any semblance of progressing club and we may already be seeing the high point.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

The most complete player our Academy has produced in my lifetime.

I wonder if today though, we saw a watershed moment. About 60 minutes in, he had the ball just inside our half. He looked up and nobody moved for him. He gestured for some help twice. None came, no movement or f*** all. He was closed down and forced to roll it back to zouma/daws. After he'd got rid of the ball, he just looked so dejected.

There comes a time when great players outgrow or outperform their team to such an extent they have to move on. I fear today, combined with the TOTAL lack of ambition shown by the board to build a decent squad, will begin the process of Declan realising we are a club that cannot offer him what he wants (or deserves) long term.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Denbighammer wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:17 am The most complete player our Academy has produced in my lifetime.
Dunno how old you are, but *whisper* Frank Lampard.

Declan is magic but he’s got a very long way to go to match Lampard’s achievements.

He does have that magic though for sure.

Agree with what you say, he’s visibly outgrowing us.
Davev
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 55 likes

Post by Davev »

I think he loves being the main man here and taking the responsibility of driving this team forward. He'll be buzzing after that last minute goal rather than being annoyed IMO.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 788 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Shouldn't be driving forward like that though, Soucek would've scored a hat-trick if he'd just sat back.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1672 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

don't watch all the European leagues, but do La Liga and the Bundesliga

if there's a better cm/dm/b2b midfielder out there I've yet to see one in the limited games I've watched

not C & B specs either

this lad has got it all. watched pretty much all of the leagues off and on (except Turkey :winker: ) in the CL and EL.

head and shoulders above anyone I've seen and the kid's only what 22 ?

World's His Oyster as me dear old Dad used to say..

better than anyone at the "Big Six' teams by far.

Bayern ?
Real - Modric/Kroos ? he stacks up against both of those and I think they probably have the best tandem in Europe
no one at Barca
Atleti ? gets in by a huge margin and they have some really pretty impressive players
PDG ? ditto better than anyone they have

don't watch any Italian games but if there's a better duo than him and Tom (especially him) I don't know

best individual player in MF either DM/AM/CM/B2B any M

kid really is special..

what did 424 magasine always have in the middle ?

Boys A Bit Special.........

chuffed to still be upright and seen pretty much most of our lads since the year dot.

he is THE best..glad I can say I saw him

my dear old dad would still say..."can't shoot for toffees..."

:crylol:
BonzosBoots
Has liked: 49 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by BonzosBoots »

The only man to come out of today with any credit.

He is too good for our owners who have had two windows to give Declan a sign we have any ambition.

They have failed.

He will leave and I will have nothing but respect for him.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 878 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Were Declan at one of the Big 4 clubs and having the season with them that he is having with us thus far, the engravers could already crack on and stick his name on the Player of The Season trophy.
Staggeringly good, is our Declan.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

A real captain’s performance. Let’s not kid ourselves, if it wasn’t for him we’d be out of the Cup, and we would’ve gone down in history as suffering the most humiliating defeat in the history of the competition.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 949 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

SiO wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:02 pm 100m quid? Bugger off. Priceless
TBH 100 ,150 , 200 million we wont replace him correctly

personally and i will be in the minority id rather keep him until his contract ends (2025 after extension)

he will be 26 then, 3 more years with him would be amazing and he will only get better and better ..

yet if we sell him this or next summer we replace with not as good .
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Danny Murphy is spot on " If it wasn' for Declan Rice, West Ham would be out of the FA Cup its as simple as that "