The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

There's a young lad at Bristol City called Jay Dasilva who could fill our problem left back role. He had a rough ride with injuries a few years ago but he looks a good player. Chelsea released him when he was a youth but it wouldn't be the first time they've made a mistake along those lines would it ?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:03 pm Rashford :crylol: :crylol:

As if !!!

have the dildo bros ****ed off then ? never gonna happen in a million years

****ing rashford - some of you lot are as deluded as Spurs fans
We aren't talking about the Marcus Rashford of 2/3 years ago. The current one is miles away from that level currently, and we also aren't privy to how much he earns a week.

Also he must've seen how six months in East London rejuvenated Lingard, and I can bet he came back with positive things to say about us.

Unlikely? Yes of course, but not as impossible as you make out.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

WestHamLyallStyle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:41 pm There's a young lad at Bristol City called Jay Dasilva who could fill our problem left back role.
Whatever happened to Josh DaSilva, Brentford's star midfielder who we were linked with for a good year or so? I know he got a bad injury when they were still in the C'ship, but don't think I've heard his name mentioned for about 2 years.

Is he related to Jay?
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

They’re not related. Josh is an Ilford boy.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Would the club smash our records for Rashford? Yes

Is Rashford the type of players we're talking about who could convince Rice we mean business? For sure... especially with Lingard coming along for the ride

Would we be in a strong position if we were interested? I'm sure we would be... I see no reason why not.

Do I think he'd align his wage expectations a bit to push forward his career? I think so. Although he may be on 200k a week (or whatever), for 150k a week (our highest ever earner) I can see him taking that knock.

The biggest stumbling block are the team who rated Lingard at 30 million last summer with 12 months left on his deal. A club who are losing Cavani and Lingard in the summer and who have lost Greenwood. A side who need to freshen up the team but also need lots of money to do that. I think they'll ask for a similar level to what we're asking for Rice because they're that arrogant and will believe he justifies a similar amount.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1523 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I actually think that if Rashford were available - there would be some very big, consistent Champions League Clubs interested in him. But in England and abroad.

I think he'd have his pick to be honest. And whilst I would love to see it, I think we'll have to wait for his star to fall even more than it has before he could end up at West Ham.

I'd take Elanga on loan for a year though. And I think that would suit everyone. (As long as it doesn't give tem any ideas about Deccers).
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

If Rashford was to leave, yup he'd get a lot of offers and I can't see why we wouldn't be in amongst them.

He seems like a sensible lad though so will undoubtably take his sweet time in reviewing his options...so by mid June half this forum will be calling him a c**t and saying "Move on FFS" :lover:
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

It would be disheartening to see a genuinely good person like Rashford sign for Newcastle Arabia.

I see they are planning to offer Rudiger a contract. Wonder how much money is enough to turn down Real Madrid, Chelsea and others in favour of the Toon
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

If Rashford is available, why would he choose us over Southampton?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

steveyrockstar wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:36 pm If Rashford is available, why would he choose us over Southampton?
Erm. European football ? And 64'000 crowds, or 24,000 crowds ?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Rashford has other things going on, he's not just a footballer anymore and it's showing. Pass.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:35 pm Rashford has other things going on, he's not just a footballer anymore and it's showing. Pass.
That's a good shout to be fair.
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by D C »

Yeah he’s probably too busy fleecing the working man for over half of their income with his extensive buy to let portfolio.
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

Puff Daddy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:05 pm Erm. European football ? And 64'000 crowds, or 24,000 crowds ?
I was facetiously mocking an earlier post about Broja :winker:
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:57 am Deulofeu, Lingard, Rashford are all good shouts. All have real pace, are direct, and run with the ball. We were so dangerous on the counter when Lingard was last here but since he's left I don't think we have the right players to be able to hit teams on the counter like that anymore. I think we've become a bit slow in that transition from defence to attack.
Gladly take Shaw, Lingard & Rashford from Man Utd. All 3 would be fantastic signings for us.
WCpete
Has liked: 1497 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Post by WCpete »

We're not getting anyone from Man Utd., unless the new manager tells them directly that player X is not in his plans. Otherwise the players mentioned will stay to fight for their place, except for Lingard. And Lingard can get stuffed. He used up his credit. We're not getting Broja. Bigger fish will be in for him. Some people in the media still suggest Coutinho is an option. He'll stay at Villa if he goes anywhere. Their side is looking strong with a good window. I don't think Watkins will leave either. Don't see Toney leaving either. Everton cast-offs will need to take substantial pay cuts to be viable for most clubs in the league. If it is true that Delofeu could be as cheap 5 mill euros, then we should go for it. I would reckon most of our shopping will be done across the channel or in the championship, which is fine as long as we understand that these players usually come with a ceiling for development and we don't drop too much cash. Of course if somehow we manage to win this Europe thingy, maybe a better quality market opens for us. If we can't manage to get back in Europe, I fear for the next window. Naturally, everything I've just said comes from the mind of a largely ignorant supporter of West Ham, me, who pays not a second of time on other sides, players or leagues.
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 125 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

The last time I noticed Deulofeu was after the Wolves game recently.

Pablo Fornals posted on Instagram posted a video taking his new baby boy out onto the London Stadium turf. Deulofeu stood out as one of the likes of comments.

Assume he has played with Fornals for Spain.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Moyes in today’s Evening Standard….

“I see the next step as consolidation of where we are,” Moyes told Standard Sport. “If people say you should be finishing fourth or fifth, that could be ahead of where we are. We’re still building, we’ve got there quickly but we have to try to stay in that position. Our objective is to get to European football again.”

West Ham have never previously reached the knockouts of the Europa League, and the last-16 first leg against the six-time winners is, in itself, a clear sign of progress.

“We’ve probably got the toughest game in the round,” said Moyes. “But in a way that’s what we wanted. We wanted to challenge Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and we want to challenge Sevilla, Barcelona, whoever it is.”

The Scot was speaking after becoming the first person to win Manager of the Year in consecutive seasons at last week’s London Football Awards in Camden.

A year ago, the award felt like an indication a defiant Moyes still had plenty to offer at the highest level, but now it is evidence his side’s breakthrough season was not a one-off in the warped conditions of pandemic football.

“We’re looking to win trophies as a club, rather than individual [ones],” Moyes said. “This [award] is to do with how well the players have done.”

The Hammers dealt impressively with the Europa League group stage, but their domestic form since has been mixed and the Sevilla tie should offer an indication of their current level.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, a pivotal summer lies ahead if the club is to remain on an upward trajectory — and Moyes has hinted at difficult decisions.

The retirement of club captain and ‘Mr West Ham’ Mark Noble will mark a juncture, while the uncomfortable question of Declan Rice’s future also threatens to hang over the off-season.

“My own worry now is how to keep going for the next few years, how I build on it, how I keep growing it,” Moyes said. “On and off the pitch, things will be broken which we’ll have to try and fix. Certainly, Mark Noble leaving will be one of them. We’ve got a fight on and I need to find a way of getting us stronger for next year.

“I see new players, I see a stronger squad, I see a change of the guard in some places because of what’s happening at the club. But that will be normal. We do have to make changes in the summer, we do need to look at how to move forward again.

“I don’t want to go stale, and when I see things dropping away, I have to make sure I step up. We can’t do too much about it at the moment, but we have to make sure we keep squeezing the last bit out of them that we can.

“In football management, you have to make some unpopular decisions at times, that’s part of the job. But, look, I’ll always try to make the right decisions for West Ham.”

Adding to a small, brittle squad is clear a priority after the club failed to strengthen in January. It was not for the lack of trying, with Moyes revealing that Atalanta forward Duvan Zapata had all but agreed a deadline-day move — only to vanish for the final hours of the transfer window.

“That one was done,” Moyes said. “But they, for the last four hours of the window, just disappeared, shut down.

“We know we’ve got a relatively small squad — it was the way we chose to be at the start. The job for me is to get good targets and add to the squad. But it’s not always spending big money that brings you success.

“There was a period here where they tried that, so that’s why I want to get the right characters, the right people who will give us the effort and energy that’s been shown by the likes of Tomas Soucek, Vladimir Coufal, Pablo Fornals, people like that. So we’re looking for players that are going to add to that if we can.”

Moyes is confident West Ham are here to stay as a major player in English and European football and, for all the talk of the next step, he has not forgotten where they came from.

“I don’t think we’re going anywhere,” the Scot said. “We’re there. We’re going into March still in the hunt for European football and we’re still in a European competition. We’ve got to see that as a real positive. I do.

“At this time in years gone by it was panic stations — ‘can we stay out of the relegation zone?’ We might have three games to go and we’d be looking at the other teams fixtures thinking, ‘can we stay up?’

“I see it now being a completely different mindset and looking at the top teams and hoping they’re losing because we’re trying to challenge them. That has been a big, big change.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 6929.html
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

First contribution to this thread but to me it feels like this summer is going to be a complete squad rebuild. If we dont end up getting Europe then I think this will be Rice's last season with us and that alone will probably prevent us signing a high calibre of player (e.g I wouldnt see Lingard coming here if Rice isnt - same with people we are linked with like Rashford). Similarly I could see Bowen going too.

Ontop of that we have aging players that need replacing : Ogbonna, Dawnson, Noble, Fabianski, Antonio (nothing wrong with these but not reliable)
And then players like Masuaka, Diop, Fredericks etc who probably arent good enough
and god knows how many are out of contract?

Bit of a shambles and a messy situation to be in :arry:
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

funky chicken wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:10 pm Moyes in today’s Evening Standard….

hate to be pessimistic but these two highlighted quotes do not fill me with much hope.
"you have to make some unpopular decisions at times". "But it’s not always spending big money that brings you success."
So that reads as, we will sell good players and not spend much on anyone coming in.