👋 Farewell, Said Benrahma

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

D C
Has liked: 1122 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Re: ✍ Welcome to West Ham, Said Benrahma

Post by D C »

He needs a run in the side in his best position (LW) the same way Vlasic needs a run of games down the middle. I don’t expect either of them to perform particularly well out of position or playing bits and pieces here or there. Many fans me included will call them useless etc if they don’t play well in their cameos but the reality is it’s hard to judge them on that

Either Sully signed them against Moyes wishes or Moyes incorrectly thought they could be effective in different positions to which they previously excelled. I know which scenario gets my vote
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:54 pm His best stuff and numbers have come from a run in the side, starting games. He was in pretty decent form before the AFCON. Went there, barely played, come back and didn't play for another 2 weeks. His performances since have been pretty poor, but I don't get why he's just seen as a 'bench player'. I wouldn't mind, but for all the not a Moyes player stuff, he's started the majority of games this season.
In the 2.5 games leading up to the ACON, yes. Prior to that he had only scored 1 goal and had 2 assists in all competitions since the Brentford game on the 3rd October.

His record across the season tells the full story:
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13702 ... d-Benrahma
He is a really flaky player. But to be fair to him he’s not alone in that regard. As you could say the same about the majority of our attacking players in terms of goal contributions. Antonio & Bowen are the only 2 who can say they have done enough so far this season.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:14 pm In the 2.5 games leading up to the ACON, yes. Prior to that he had only scored 1 goal and had 2 assists in all competitions since the Brentford game on the 3rd October.

His record across the season tells the full story:
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13702 ... d-Benrahma
He is a really flaky player. But to be fair to him he’s not alone in that regard. As you could say the same about the majority of our attacking players in terms of goal contributions. Antonio & Bowen are the only 2 who can say they have done enough so far this season.
and didn't the Antonio patch come right at the beginning when both he and Benni lead or tied the league for goal involvements as a pair ?

I know they were tearing it up (iirc) between them very early doors....
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:21 am
Brentford pulled our trousers down at £25m. Well, Sullivan’s!
Sully can never say no when his trousers are pulled down!
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Absolutely awful today. Pub standard.

2 assists.

Classic Said. :rofl:
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Thankfully he keeps trying to do his thing all game even if it’s not been working out/people are on his back
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Post by davids cross »

LeonRivers wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:47 pm Absolutely awful today. Pub standard.

2 assists.

Classic Said. :rofl:

Giggles out loud..... :grin:
kentboleyn
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by kentboleyn »

Woeful first half, absolute pants, was better in the second half but im not sure hes premier league standard.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

kentboleyn wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:30 pm Woeful first half, absolute pants, was better in the second half but im not sure hes premier league standard.
He played exactly as he did in the first half, which is trying to make things happen. He gets 2 assists and your comments after the game are that he’s woeful and not prem standard.

The agenda is sadly set with Benrahma now and no matter what he does some people will never warm to him.

He’s one of few players who can create something. Without him today it would have ended in a draw.
Last edited by BigFatSam on Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2031 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

2 fake assists and a poor performance, just ignore his match stats.

Get him off fir Oko-Flex.
kentboleyn
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by kentboleyn »

As i said he was better in the second half,but in my opinion hes not that good a player,
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:48 pm 2 fake assists and a poor performance, just ignore his match stats.

:lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Honestly besides a bit of liveliness in the first ten he was crap all game. That simple pass inside to I think Lanzini that he put behind him summed him up. He barely got into the game and was a passenger for long periods. Every time he got the ball he seemed to lose it or waste it, and even his pass into Yarm for the first seemed overhit, yet hes ended the match with two assists. :?
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 4738 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Sell back to brentford masuaka + Benrahma fir tony?
e17
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 971 likes

Post by e17 »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:48 pm 2 fake assists and a poor performance, just ignore his match stats.

Exactly.

WTF has Moyles got against Oko-Fix?
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

An outsider reading this must be thinking wtf :crylol:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 4738 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

e17 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:06 pm Exactly.

WTF has Moyles got against Oko-Fix?
Iki-flox.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

He's a frustrating player at times...but when you are always trying to force the issue you aren't going to get everything right. Decision making can improve.

One thing for sure...him and lanzini swap games today and everybody would be purring in the lanzini thread and benrahma still getting pelters 🤣
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

Sloop John B wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:18 pm He's a frustrating player at times...but when you are always trying to force the issue you aren't going to get everything right. Decision making can improve.

One thing for sure...him and lanzini swap games today and everybody would be purring in the lanzini thread and benrahma still getting pelters 🤣
I keep reading it's all about his decision making, it really isn't. It's misplaced passes and loss of what I would call basic possession that is the issue. Fair enough if an attempt at a defence splitting pass doesn't come off but it's the pass that is intercepted or goes behind the intended recipient that leads to accusations of being wasteful, loss of possession when there is little pressure.
Good that he got two assists though and maybe those who say he shouldn't play out wide are correct.
He was a Sully/Salthouse signing I think (stand to be corrected). As such there is always going to be a few question marks.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 781 likes
Total likes: 542 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Sloop John B wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:18 pm him and lanzini swap games today and everybody would be purring in the lanzini thread and benrahma still getting pelters 🤣
Lanzini has far more credit in the bank, lets be honest. It's like comparing a poor Dawson game with a poor Diop game, one is more easily forgiven than the other.

I said in the match thread, the assists really papered over another poor performance, but it might give him a bit of confidence at least.