UEL16: West Ham Utd 2-0 Sevilla (17/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Sevilla: match thread (2nd leg)

Post by Deepster »

Cup matches, not sure what all the fuss is about😂
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Coops »

I'm so pleased to have gone there and experienced that with my boy. It was a great night and one that will live long in the memory. Nights like these are rare and special occasions.
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 833 likes

Post by mushy »

:)
Coops wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:40 pm I'm so pleased to have gone there and experienced that with my boy. It was a great night and one that will live long in the memory. Nights like these are rare and special occasions.
Spot on, I have been to every big occasion match since the mid sixties and this night was right up there with the very best of them.
Am so happy with Thursday night, it's what we live for and a night that will stay with me forever, but above all a night for the generation(s) that have never had the pleasure of witnessing such a unique event.
I don't think I've ever seen my son in his mid 20's so happy these last few days.
kentboleyn
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by kentboleyn »

mushy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:11 pm :)

Spot on, I have been to every big occasion match since the mid sixties and this night was right up there with the very best of them.
Am so happy with Thursday night, it's what we live for and a night that will stay with me forever, but above all a night for the generation(s) that have never had the pleasure of witnessing such a unique event.
I don't think I've ever seen my son in his mid 20's so happy these last few days.
totally agree, my son is 32 and said it was his best match ever.Im still buzzing ! :hammb:
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:36 pm We should care. A British side doing well in Europe should be publicised and applauded whatever the team. However, ALL media outlets seem to begrudgingly mention our success. Its not even transparent. If its not seen as making them more money, as usual, the only news is that which fills the coffers.
Are we not overthinking it? We've still got 3 rounds left to play in this tournament. As historic as this victory was for us, it probably doesn't mean quite as much to people outside of West Ham just yet. There's been British clubs winning last 16 knockout matches in Europe for years. Based on what I've seen, it hadn't struck me that media outlets weren't giving us enough plaudits for the win. But maybe I haven't paid enough attention?
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

steveyrockstar wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:43 pm Are we not overthinking it? We've still got 3 rounds left to play in this tournament. As historic as this victory was for us, it probably doesn't mean quite as much to people outside of West Ham just yet. There's been British clubs winning last 16 knockout matches in Europe for years. Based on what I've seen, it hadn't struck me that media outlets weren't giving us enough plaudits for the win. But maybe I haven't paid enough attention?
I get what you're saying stevey, but if it was one of the media top 4/6 darlings, they'd still be fawning over them this time next week.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 950 likes

Post by e17 »

Coops wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:40 pm I'm so pleased to have gone there and experienced that with my boy. It was a great night and one that will live long in the memory. Nights like these are rare and special occasions.
Definitely in my top 10 WHU games. I almost didn’t go too - only tested negative from Covid the day before
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

A Night to Remember (by Jonathan Wren)
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44296
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Up the Junction wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:59 am A Night to Remember (by Jonathan Wren)
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44296
I liked that report :newthumb:

I dont even care that we lost yesterday - cup final my arse