UELSF: West Ham Utd 1-2 Eintracht Frankfurt (28/4/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham United v Eintracht Frankfurt: match thread

Post by r99c »

Sarfas wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:16 pm As well as Ndicka being suspended, their holding midfielder Kristijan Jakić is too. Croatian international, 24 appearances in the Bundesliga this season and he's started in every single one of their Europa League games this season so you'd assume he'd be a big loss.

ThorstenH on their forum has tickets in the "opposite grandstand" (I assume that'd be the BML), so they've definitely managed to source a few tickets in the home end: https://community.eintracht.de/forum/di ... 866?page=3
I want to know who 'East End Hammer' is...

"East end hammer 25.4.22 19:29
I hope you can speak perfect English as West Ham have upped policing and stewards

They are speaking to every fan walking through two cordons around the stadium."

:rofl: :crylol:
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

El brooko79 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:20 am No doubt some have slipped through the net. Will be interesting to see if the stewards actually remove any wearing colours. Sets either a good or bad precedent. Personally I think all grounds should eject fans wearing opposition colours in the home ends and it should come from uefa.

At the Sevilla home game I wore my farewell boleyn shirt that obviously has the old badge.
A young steward uncomfortably stopped me (outside the gate) and asked me to remove my shirt as it "upsets the home fans". I was really confused then a more senior steward explained to him I was west ham.

He looked a bid daft but respected the intent. He looked a but timid and obviously didn't want the conversation but did it anyway.
I always wear my tops with the old badge; not been pulled on that one yet 😆 there was a time when they employed people who had a bit of nous about them - now it needs senior stewards to educate the idiots 🙄
Jennings
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by Jennings »

pablo jaye wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:44 am Getting excited … as one would with a huge semi.

hammers92 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:16 am Nearly 30 mins and no SH gif, standards are slipping.
When he finally gets round to it, it’s going to be one of Julian isn’t it?

A fiver says it happens.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

I think that any frankfurt fans in our end will get a right hander before the stewards get involved

I also expect it go off if they start giving it when walking through stratford
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if Frankfurt fans have sourced tickets and they keep their head down and mouths shut, credit to them for trying everything to attend games. We've been doing the same thing the last few European away days.

If they turn up in Frankfurt gear and try to cheer or sing songs. That's another matter.
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

West Ham.
Duff
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Duff »

RaddyKovac wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:05 pm West Ham.
Are massive.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:57 pm Maybe I'm in the minority, but if Frankfurt fans have sourced tickets and they keep their head down and mouths shut, credit to them for trying everything to attend games. We've been doing the same thing the last few European away days.
Absolutely. Not gonna start asking questions or running to stewards if any are near me. If they are just there to watch football, fine. I've had opposing fans near me before and they've been quiet. The only times that really pissed me off was during a defeat to Arsenal, they had loads in the local council/freebies in the STBL and all wore colours and cheered etc. Also back in the Championship maybe 04/05, a QPR fan in the chicken run, went mental and started running along the walkway, facing us and cheering when they scored. Think we beat them 2-1 anyway.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:33 pm
I also expect it go off if they start giving it when walking through stratford
Which i hope doesn't happen as they will no doubt find any excuse to ban /reduce our away allocation for the return leg or even the final.
rhysvol1995
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by rhysvol1995 »

Areola
Coufal - Johnson - Dawson - Cresswell - Masuaku
Soucek - Rice - Fornals
Bowen - Antonio

If Zouma can make it, go to a back 4 and bring Lanzini/Benrahma in. I do think Fredericks is better suited to the wing back role, but given the makeshift defence we could probably do with Coufal's defensive nous to provide some cover for Ben Johnson.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Can't believe we are going to start Masuaku in a game as important as this.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Nothing else left
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

If we're playing a back 3, also have the option of Fornals at LWB and then bring Lanzini into the midfield. In fact, I wouldn't be leaving Lanzini out for this match. He's one of our best players this season.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Misko wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:11 am I can't say I'm not jealous as hell. Enjoy these moments!
Cheers Misko.
The nerves/excitement are building as the hours tick by until kick off.
It’s going to be an electric atmosphere at the LS.
Aiming to get their extra early, partly because my train journey to get their for the Lyon home game was bad.
I live not so far away, but only made kick off with minutes to spare due to a signal failure on my train line :angryred:
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:57 pm Maybe I'm in the minority, but if Frankfurt fans have sourced tickets and they keep their head down and mouths shut, credit to them for trying everything to attend games. We've been doing the same thing the last few European away days.

If they turn up in Frankfurt gear and try to cheer or sing songs. That's another matter.
I doubt you're in the minority mate,. I've been to all our Euro aways apart from Vienna and because I don't get my tickets through West Ham I was sitting in with the local support. And I certainly wasn't the only one doing so. Not an issue at all.

Song singing usually only happens in largeish groups so unless Frankfurt have managed to get blocks of tickets I doubt there will be too much of that apart from in their allocated areas.
honkytonk
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by honkytonk »

rhysvol1995 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:29 pm Areola
Coufal - Johnson - Dawson - Cresswell - Masuaku
Soucek - Rice - Fornals
Bowen - Antonio

If Zouma can make it, go to a back 4 and bring Lanzini/Benrahma in. I do think Fredericks is better suited to the wing back role, but given the makeshift defence we could probably do with Coufal's defensive nous to provide some cover for Ben Johnson.
Play Arthur but leave out Lanzini???

Id play a back 4 and trust Johnson to do the bizz
JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

hawkins_hammer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:30 pm Can't believe we are going to start Masuaku in a game as important as this.
This
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

hawkins_hammer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:30 pm Can't believe we are going to start Masuaku in a game as important as this.
He has far more experience in Europe than most of our team, 20 appearances.
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Estuary wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:46 pm He has far more experience in Europe than most of our team, 20 appearances.
That maybe but he is a poor defender, weak positionally and has a questionable final ball. It doesn't matter how many times he has proved it in Europe!
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Moyes would rather start Fornals over Masuaku. Lanzini will play alongside Tom and Dec